Newbie...Also looking for guidance :D

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
JonnyRad

Post by JonnyRad »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:23 pm From what you've said, I'd go for 150kW Family or 150kW Max, you wouldn't need the extra range of the Tour for that commute.

The Max gives you the heads-up display, speakers in the rear doors plus a subwoofer, electric seats with massage, and more - depends if you think those things are worth the extra every month...

Appreciate everyones input.

I'd stump for the max probably, being in there for an hour each way I'd want it to feel nice inside :)

JonnyRad

Post by JonnyRad »

May I ask why most are saying not to go for the 77kw battery?

Is this a weight trade off? As in, not much point in lumping the heavier battery around if I don't need the extra capacity anyway?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

JonnyRad wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:32 pm May I ask why most are saying not to go for the 77kw battery?

Is this a weight trade off? As in, not much point in lumping the heavier battery around if I don't need the extra capacity anyway?

Cost and weight?

There are a couple of other limitations of the Tour spec - there is no middle seat in the rear, and the transport hitch kit cannot be fitted (either at the factory, or later) - but you do get alloy wheels as standard.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

The Tour trades some equipment for range compared to the Max (for example the glass roof, the adaptive suspension and a fifth rear seat and seatbelt) as the battery is heavier.

If you don't have a use case for the extra range, and I think most would say from your description that you don't, then why lose the kit ? And also I'll mention again that the Tour is a 4 seater, with 4 seatbelts, unlike the rest of the range, as this can matter quite a lot if ever you need to put 5 people in the vehicle.

If you feel you absolutely need or want the largest possible range then your only option is the Tour, with potentially an added heat pump if you wanted to do everything possible to lengthen the legs of the vehicle (I wouldn't recommend a heat pump personally at the price VW is trying to charge, but others swear by them)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:08 pm The Tour trades some equipment for range compared to the Max (for example the glass roof, the adaptive suspension and a fifth rear seat and seatbelt) as the battery is heavier.

If you don't have a use case for the extra range, and I think most would say from your description that you don't, then why lose the kit ? And also I'll mention again that the Tour is a 4 seater, with 4 seatbelts, unlike the rest of the range, as this can matter quite a lot if ever you need to put 5 people in the vehicle.

If you feel you absolutely need or want the largest possible range then your only option is the Tour, with potentially an added heat pump if you wanted to do everything possible to lengthen the legs of the vehicle (I wouldn't recommend a heat pump personally at the price VW is trying to charge, but others swear by them)
FYI you can now specify the adaptive suspension and steering on the Tour....just not the one I ordered.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Budget for paint too, unless you're a fan of flat grey.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten