Newby from Belfast

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Hi Folks, Just thought that I'd introduce myself after a bit of Lurking. I Ordered a VW ID.3 Family Pro Performance with white metallic paint East Derry alloys, Heat pump, and bike rack prep on the 16th July and got a confirmed order number of 3138xxxx on the 21of July. Original build week was week 40 and delivery was 4th December. Buid week has moved (provisionally to week 47) So will probably get delivery in Feb or March :D. Hopefully the delay with a bit of luck past week 48? will mean delivery with updated bells and whistles and new software. I'm comming from an Ioniq PHEV and have a Podpoint 7.2Kw charger already installed. I hope timed charging gets sorted as it works perfectly on the Ioniq. I tested a tesla Model 3 Sr+ , Leaf, Kona and Niro before settling on the ID.3 the Model 3 was a close call, but the hatchback, quietness and ride quality of the ID.3 by comparison, plus of course the 9K cost saving swung it for the ID.3. The site is a font of useful information. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute when I eventually get the car :)
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You'll find plenty of useful info here.
How did you find the ID.3 compared to your Ioniq PHEV?? Just wondering as my brother has the Ioniq PHEV.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Hello and Welcome!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi 3twins.
Welcome. Look forward to your input.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
3twins

Post by 3twins »

Newfie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:21 pm Hi and welcome to the forum.
You'll find plenty of useful info here.
How did you find the ID.3 compared to your Ioniq PHEV?? Just wondering as my brother has the Ioniq PHEV.
The Ioniq PHEV has been a good car and I may keep it if I can persuade my wife out of her MX5. The ID.3 Pro performance is a lot faster and quieter especially when the ICE comes in, in the Ioniq. Shame that everyone is buiding SUV type BEV's. The Ioniq BEV is very efficent and aerodynamic but something similar with a bigger battery and more modern charging speeds would have been great.
Id.3 Family Pro Performance East Derry's Heat pump and cycle carrier prep.