Hello and pleased to meet you all (MY ID3 ISSUES)

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ID3VW_JULY_2021

Post by ID3VW_JULY_2021 »

Hello,
I just got a new ID3 PURE (stock car left factory in June/July 2021 and picked up end of Oct 2021 with latest SW2.3 installed) and I reported all the problems below to the dealer without much luck...I was hoping to hear from whoever had same/similar issues. Clearly the car/software shouldn't have left the factory!
- Energy consumption - battery/mileage left is unreliable. The value fluctuates up and down considerably without making any sense
- Steering wheel making all sorts of little adjustments (for 30 to 60 secs) while driving on motorway right in the middle of the lane. Nothing to do with lane assist
- Monitor on top of steering wheel goes blue for less than a second randomly every few hours or some days
- ACC goes off and stays off for no reason at speed greater than 30mph
- In a stretch of the A3 (50mph limit) between New Malden and Richmond the car automatically adjust the speed to 30mph (3 times!) while the entire stretch is a 50mph road! This shouldn't happen because this is an H&S issue to the car and to others on the road
- The entire car stops (including interior lights) when the driver leaves his seat but still someone sits at the back
- Infotainment system does not play ‘MEDIA’ like the songs in my iPhone
- Collision warning goes off for no reason by itself
- Mirrors to be programmed to show kerb while reversing. There is a detailed procedure on how to programme them in the owners manual. Eventually the dealer told me that this cannot be programmed!
- Wheel cover comes off by itself
If you experienced any of the above and you have solved the problems I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know. I am now researching what king of ODIS diagnostic to buy to check the car myself before the VW repair shop drives me dry!!! At least to get prepared before they tell me what's wrong
Regards

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

- Energy consumption - battery/mileage left is unreliable. The value fluctuates up and down considerably without making any sense
It will settle down once you drive the car more predictably, the most recent drive you’ve done or are doing has a big influence.
- Steering wheel making all sorts of little adjustments (for 30 to 60 secs) while driving on motorway right in the middle of the lane. Nothing to do with lane assist
How can you be sure it’s not Lane Assist, it sounds like it.
Definitely ACC? Can you not turn it on again via the steering wheel button?
- In a stretch of the A3 (50mph limit) between New Malden and Richmond the car automatically adjust the speed to 30mph (3 times!) while the entire stretch is a 50mph road! This shouldn't happen because this is an H&S issue to the car and to others on the road
What version is the nav database? Does it happen at the same points on the road every time? Are there signs for slip roads or something else that the front camera might be “reading”?
- The entire car stops (including interior lights) when the driver leaves his seat but still someone sits at the back
Yes, that’s completely normal. Press the Start button on the steering column to switch it back on.
- Infotainment system does not play ‘MEDIA’ like the songs in my iPhone
Are you using Apple CarPlay? Is your phone connected to a USB-C port with a cable?
- Collision warning goes off for no reason by itself
Next time it happens, what does the left panel of the steering wheel display show?
- Mirrors to be programmed to show kerb while reversing. There is a detailed procedure on how to programme them in the owners manual. Eventually the dealer told me that this cannot be programmed!
Yes you can program them, and use them. It’s as described in the manual, but the manual refers to setting the mirror control knob to position R when it should say position L.
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

The collision warning tends to go off when there are cars parked on the left on a right hand bend, even if they are in a layby. The easiest thing to do is flick the indicators right, this cancels the warning system for a few seconds. If the cars are on the road it's good practice anyway.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
ID3VW_JULY_2021

scott28tt wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:21 am
It will settle down once you drive the car more predictably, the most recent drive you’ve done or are doing has a big influence.
THANK YOU
How can you be sure it’s not Lane Assist, it sounds like it.
DEFINETELY SURE - THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STEERING WHEEL GOT CRAZY FOR 30 TO 60 SECS AND THEN ACC DID NOT WORK ANYMORE. ALSO I WAS DRIVING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANES
Definitely ACC? Can you not turn it on again via the steering wheel button?
DEFINETELY - NO I COULDN'T FOR FEW DRIVES. NOW IT WORKS. HOW CAN A COMPUTER/SW SOMETIMES WORKS SOMETHINGS DOESNT?
What version is the nav database? Does it happen at the same points on the road every time? Are there signs for slip roads or something else that the front camera might be “reading”?
I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT - I DROVE LAST NIGHT SAME STRECTH AND I BELIEVE THE SLIP ROADS SIGNS GET DETECTED EVEN IF IM DRIVING ON FAST LANE Yes, that’s completely normal. Press the Start button on the steering column to switch it back on.
ID3VW_JULY_2021

steviebabes wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:42 pm The collision warning tends to go off when there are cars parked on the left on a right hand bend, even if they are in a layby. The easiest thing to do is flick the indicators right, this cancels the warning system for a few seconds. If the cars are on the road it's good practice anyway.
THANK YOU WILL TRY