Family Pro Performance just ordered

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Hi there,

I live in N. Yorkshire and this week ordered a Family Pro Performance. My wife and I are retired and looking forward to our first EV. We have driven Toyota Prius cars since 2007 and think we are ready to go full EV.

Looking to learn about other id.3 owner likes and dislikes plus all the first time questions such as how to go about getting a home charger installed and how to charge the car while on the road.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi Durhamlad
Welcome to the forum.
Its a great car. Long wait but worth it.
Always plenty of discussion on the forum.
The home charger grant is changing at the end of March so getting that arranged before you get the car is wise. Its worth £350 currently.
Likes and likes a lot, no dislikes.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Welcome to the forum.
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Thanks guys, really looking forward to getting it.

I'll look into getting a home charging point asap.

I ordered the car at the dealer and put down a £500 deposit. The vehicle order and agreement currently only has an enquiry number on it. I'm thinking I will need an actual order number before I can order a charge point with government grant?
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

You just need formal proof of an order from the dealer.

I got mine from PodPoint and they just needed something from the dealer that looked official, described the actual model I’d ordered and had my signature on it. I don’t think the order number matters, so long as you have written evidence of the order.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

duncsand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:52 pm You just need formal proof of an order from the dealer.

I got mine from PodPoint and they just needed something from the dealer that looked official, described the actual model I’d ordered and had my signature on it. I don’t think the order number matters, so long as you have written evidence of the order.
I think that's right from what I have read.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

duncsand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:52 pm You just need formal proof of an order from the dealer.

Perfect - thanks.
Order number 31316***