Hello from Staffordshire !

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
majesticmatt

Post by majesticmatt »

Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for a while now, and thought that I should contribute.

I've a Family Pro Performance on a lease order ultimately via Lex that was supposed to be delivered by the end of October, then the end of December and now it is being forecast for the end of February.

I'm without a car at the moment until the ID3 arrives so these delays are making me :evil:

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum MajesticMatt
The delays are frustrating. The whole auto industry is in the same boat.
No car for another 3 months is a pain.
Hopefully there will be a breakthrough in getting deliveries cranked up.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
majesticmatt

Post by majesticmatt »

Lets hope Dave, but I doubt it somehow - it seems that no one really knows what it happening with their orders. My GTD went back in August so it'll be 6 months without a car :(
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

What's going through my mind is if I can manage without a car for 6 months do I really need one.
I had an Accountant friend who decided to to give there car up and take taxis as it was more cost effective. Typical Accountant thinking. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
durhamlad

Post by durhamlad »

Daveion wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 am What's going through my mind is if I can manage without a car for 6 months do I really need one.
I had an Accountant friend who decided to to give there car up and take taxis as it was more cost effective. Typical Accountant thinking. ๐Ÿ˜‚
We used to live in the USA and after retiring in 2010 we decided to see if moving back was going to be something we'd want to do so in 2011 we rented a house for 7 months in the town we'd want to move to and managed without a car the whole time, managed with buses, trains and taxis and twice rented a car when we had visitors from the USA and wanted to show them around. We concluded that it was very manageable, but when we moved back for good we did buy a car for the convenience but at least we do know that we can manage without.
id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 8/11/21, build week 17, then 23 then 40, then 45, then 50, then delivery expected in January, 2023, picked up the car on January 16th. Yay!
Order number 31316***
majesticmatt

Post by majesticmatt »

Daveion wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:56 am What's going through my mind is if I can manage without a car for 6 months do I really need one.
That's exactly what my wife is saying at the moment !
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Nothing like pressure from SWMBO. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22