kWh added during a charge?

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Orroroo

Post by Orroroo »

Hi
I am almost certain to be getting an ID3 but just to make sure I am borrowing one for an extended test drive.
Part of this will be a long trip to a friend's house where I intend to charge using the granny cable. He won't have a problem with this but I do want to at least offer to pay for the lecky.
Does the ID3 have a screen that tells you how many kWh have been delivered during a charge session and if so how do I get to it? (this is just to save me faffing about looking for it).
My Outlander PHEV can sort of do it in that if you input a p/kWh tariff it tells you the total cost.
Failing anything "on board" then the only other option I can think of is taking the power monitor plug I've got.
Cheers

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

No it doesn’t, but if you link the Tronity app to your VW account you can get that data.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

You can also calculate it close enough based on 2.3 kW/hr x kWhr tariff rate.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

The app let's you see the initial state of charge (SoC) and the one at end. Take note of it and then: "End SoC - Starting SoC * battery size / 100 = kWh delivered", e.g. (100%-21%)*77kWh/100%=60.83kWh

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)