7 days and counting :)

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

Hi all... Ive posted a few times already but never an introduction.

On the 6th December our iD.3 arrives
Stonewashed Blue Family 58kw

On the same day we say goodbye to our Hyundi Kona Hybrid which was barely run in due to lack of lockdown use.

We have a smart charger installed, Octopus GO is up and running. applied for a Octopus Juice card.
Applied for a Chargeplace Scotland card/tag whatever it is. Downloaded Zap app, Plugshare, WeConnect.

Anything else we should do ?

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Check you installed WeConnect iD not WeConnect.

Also, I like ABRP (a better route planner)
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

Anduain wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 am Check you installed WeConnect iD not WeConnect.

Also, I like ABRP (a better route planner)
Thanks !... ABRP Looks great !....
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

6 Days and counting.

I had a strange charge location dream last night... My first electric dream LOL

So.... we needed to collect someone important as I drove past what was previously barren wasteland.
"See, look over there " I said enthused
"I told you chargers were going to pop up everywhere"
As we cautiously drove onto the ragged land the car wafted from side to side on the uneven surface, peering beneath the sun visor more and more chargers popped up like cartoon mushrooms. Each one more pristine than the prior. As I reversed up to a gleaming statuesque pillar of voltage an older couple 'out of nowhere' were picnicking beside it, their morris traveller somehow attached and charging from it.
I was a bit flapped at this having assured the wife all was going to be a breeze in the new world of EV ownership.
The dream cascaded into a sort of electric dodgem car free for all, car after car plugged in before I could frustratingly manoeuvre in time.

Oh well..
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Absolutely loving this !

The idea of an electric Morris Traveller just made me laugh out loud, a perfect blend of the old and the new. I guess the Morris would have lost that distinctive exhaust note from the side valve engine !
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

yey... its here tomorrow
with its winter wheels on... got to change those steel wheels in the spring !
craig

Post by craig »

good luck today and enjoy
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Always nice to read good news - enjoy!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Splash-Man wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:37 am Absolutely loving this !

The idea of an electric Morris Traveller just made me laugh out loud, a perfect blend of the old and the new. I guess the Morris would have lost that distinctive exhaust note from the side valve engine !
This post reminded me of my first car bought about 1968 which was a 1957 Morris Minor Traveller costing £25. The wife was just saying last week that its some difference to an ID.3! To wash the screen I had to wind down the window and squirt suds on from a refilled washing up liquid bottle. It was considerably lightened by the popular ferrous oxide process and featured weeds growing from the window channels in the rear where the woodwork was. It was reliable over the year I had it and I sold it for £52.50 to a guy who wanted to carry his drum kit to gigs. Have to say it had an overhead valve engine however. Youngsters nowadays don't know they are living.
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

2 day delay... transporter mixup...

Its here :) ... The third that I know of in my Scottish Borders area.

Change is inevitable.
Our car lease was due for renewal so we started to look at new deals.
Surprisingly one car in the list within our budget was electric. It seemed to do everything we wanted and actually cost less than the equivalent petrol car. So. We pulled the trigger and ordered it after much research about pro’s and con’s..
In the 80‘s I had a poster of my dream car on the wall.. the poster was over a meter wide. A Lamborghini Countach .. With the change to an all electric future and the lack of a spare quarter million pound to buy one in time, the dream has eventually died.
BUT !... I also vividly remember the 1973 film Sleeper from Woody Allen where everyone was zapping about in some very odd but futuristic forms of transport. And the 1971 film THX 1138 which featured a very fast electric car (the Samos 3 - A Lola/back to the future thing) with robot police chasing it on electric bikes. I always thought it was technology unobtainable and beyond reach, at least a Lamborghini Countach was a real thing!.... and yet, 50 years later, here we are.
So.. range anxiety.. Nowadays the issue is hopefully ‘change anxiety’

Just wish my dad was around to see where technology is now !

exciting times.

IMG_20211208_110151_649.jpg

IMG_20211208_110122_438.jpg

NewId3

Post by NewId3 »

Looks well and nice to see proof of one being delivered!
Pro Life / White / Dustbin lids
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

NewId3 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:20 pm Looks well and nice to see proof of one being delivered!
We tried several lease companies.
We were told this one was the last one available at the time.
From all our enquiries prior to securing this one, I tend to believe that is was the last available. To the point I wouldn't be surprised if we secured it due to a cancellation.
Our preference would have been for white or grey car... Come the spring those 'winter' wheels are coming off !