Hi from North Wales

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Coops

Post by Coops »

Hi All,
Have been reading the Forum since ordering my car back in September, my local dealership had a cancelled order for a Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey, so I decided to go for that and collected it on the 8th of December 2021.
I didn’t have to wait too long so was lucky I guess. The car came with software version 2.3 installed and so far I haven’t had many issues.
Occasionally the boot lid is stubborn to close properly & can take a few attempts, maybe it will improve with use? I have steel wheels fitted at the moment but have ordered 18” loen alloys & will probably keep the steel wheels for winter use with winter tyres. I’m loving the car, it’s so smooth & responsive to drive, the extras on the Family model I went for are appreciated also. The Matrix headlights are awesome and my sons are glad to have an armrest in the back.
Appalling I feel that the base model doesn’t even get that, it’s not a cheap car after all.
I was disappointed to find that you don’t get a users manual, it’s online for environmental reasons :|
I managed to get a set of carpet mats thrown in for free after some haggling and overall feel as though I’ve had a decent deal with a good trade in price on my last car.
Good to be a part of the electric revolution, wish I’d have gone Electric years ago!! Best Regards from N Wales

craig

Post by craig »

welcome and congratulations I changed the steel wheels on my max to alloys as soon as it arrived also pleased your enjoying the ev experience
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I had/have the problem closing the tailgate. It does seem to improve with use. Probably wearing something away though! It's strange really, as the 4 doors close perfectly, just like you would expect from an expensive car but they failed with the tailgate.
Last edited by Scratch on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laurie71

Post by Laurie71 »

How do you find the charging facilities there? I go to Llandudno every August but will probably be in my ID.3 next year (if it gets delivered!). Rapid chargers look a bit thin on the ground according to ZapMap.
ID.3 Family Pro Makena Turquoise
Coops

Post by Coops »

Hi Laurie,
Yes, not many rapid chargers around unfortunately, I have a 50kwh charger about 3 miles away from my home & I will use that if I need a quick boost but it costs 40p per kWh, hoping to just charge at home using the Zappi, I have a 4kw array so looking forward to the better weather to come. I read somewhere that the uk needs as many as 450000 more chargers to be installed over the next few years, hopefully we’ll get a few more in N. Wales
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Coops wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:31 pm Appalling I feel that the base model doesn’t even get that, it’s not a cheap car after all.
I was disappointed to find that you don’t get a users manual, it’s online for environmental reasons :|

The higher the specification of the base model, the higher the price, and the less likely any of the models are to qualify for the OZEV grant (the threshold has just been lowered even further)

The full paper manual was awful to read through and find anything in, the online version (phone/tablet/laptop) is much easier to use and especially to search for things in.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Hello and welcome
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max