Puncture

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
mentalmic

Post by mentalmic »

Is it me!, I had a puncture and needed to put air in tyre, connected pump but then realized you have to sit in driver's seat to activate power, thus not being able to see pump pressure?

steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Does pressing the start button not power the auxiliary socket?
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Connect the driver seat belt and press starter button and the rear power point will be live, I have had to do it a number of times.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leave the key in the car and press the start button on the steering column, the 12V socket will stay on.
mentalmic

Post by mentalmic »

Crazy car, but thanks for information
mentalmic

Post by mentalmic »

Any tips on how to switch off permanent as on narrow roads car keeps pushing me towards parked cars, then says "I'm" going to crash
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

mentalmic wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:23 pm Any tips on how to switch off permanent as on narrow roads car keeps pushing me towards parked cars, then says "I'm" going to crash
Can't do it unfortunately. Regulations stipulate that the system has to reset to on every time car is restarted.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

gailjon wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:43 pm
mentalmic wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:23 pm Any tips on how to switch off permanent as on narrow roads car keeps pushing me towards parked cars, then says "I'm" going to crash
Can't do it unfortunately. Regulations stipulate that the system has to reset to on every time car is restarted.
It can be done. I used OBD11 to make the car remember the last setting for lane assist. If I turned it off, it stays off until I switch it on again. Lane assist is more of a liability than a help IMO. Helps idiots not keeping an eye on the road to stay in the middle of the lane regardless of any obstacles in that lane - if it recognised the obstacles e.g. parked cars or lane narrowing cones on roadworks and kept you in the middle of the gap, it would be far more useful.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565