Collecting our 1st EV on Wednesday

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dinno Dave

Post by Dinno Dave »

Here’s my introduction.

Our id3 58kw Pro Performance in white was ordered on the 09/09/21 and is now at the dealership, we’re picking it up at midday Wednesday. The salesman, (if he’s to be believed) said that the dealers had this model on order anyway in September, hence the rapid delivery (19 weeks ??) We live close to a Tesco with free charging and long may that continue !

This is our introduction to electric motoring, previously having various VWs and BMWs. We’ve enjoyed European trips in our cars, mainly Germany, Switzerland and Italy, but now we have a motorhome as well. Hence, the id3 will just be used locally, we’re not planning to take it away, ever.

I’ve been visiting this forum, on and off, since putting the order in, but am starting to wish I hadn’t cos there’s a lot of niggly issues being raised, (esp range anxiety, charging problems, software issues). Should we start a forum heading - Fun days out for Free - to balance the topics up a bit ?

JohnEG

Post by JohnEG »

Welcome Dinno Dave
I wouldn't worry too much.
People like me awaiting delivery can be a bit OCD about all things EV!
It was just the same when I was in the T-ROC Forum awaiting an ICE

Enjoy your iD3.
Life Pro Performance, White/Black, East Derry Alloys.
Order No: 31558xxx 18/11/21
Delivered 14 November 22
Zappi Charger
Software 3.2.0
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

If you're getting an ID3 in 19 weeks from point of ordering, you've definitely jumped onanexisting order. Some here are looking at a 1 year wait for AND ordered in Sep/Oct 21.

Fun days out for free? There's a bone of contention there if you're looking at exclusively filling up at Tesco podpoints rather than getting your own charger - some people feel very strongly about using the Tesco chargers beyond plugging in while actually shopping there. You might just be kicking a hornet's nest with that type of talk! :lol:
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

Enjoy. Yes it’s true there are problems, mines going in today for a coolant leak repair, but it’s a good car to drive and most of the main things have been fixed, I hope.:) most forums are full of negative comments with a smattering of positive.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Tesco free chargers are for Tesco customers while shopping in Tesco.

(There you go folks, I couldn't stop myself)
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum. You certainly did well with the delivery date. I ordered the same day as you and still expect mine in June.
As for the niggly issues I think there is a quiet majority that have no real concerns at all.
I'm 13 months into my current ID3 6,000 miles and my only annoyance is a rear seat back that chatters a bit on a bumpy road. Its an absolutely brilliant car.
As monkeyhanger says the Tesco free charging polarises opinions. I myself did a fair bit of free charging on their 22kW AC chargers (11kW on an ID3) in my early ownership which was really helpful until my home charger was installed.
Now with the home charger I took a further step forward into never going back to an ICE. My current fuel costs are around £1.50 a week.
Enjoy your car glass half full.
Last edited by Daveion on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 am Tesco free chargers are for Tesco customers while shopping in Tesco.

😂
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Daveion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am
scott28tt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:55 am Tesco free chargers are for Tesco customers while shopping in Tesco.

😂
I wonder if people are telling their insurance companies that their cars are parked up in a public car park all day/night?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am
Daveion wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am

😂
I wonder if people are telling their insurance companies that their cars are parked up in a public car park all day/night?
Here we go!
I think they are a very small minority.
Max stay for me was 2 hours during the day.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Dinno Dave wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:35 am We live close to a Tesco with free charging and long may that continue !
Welcome, Dinno Dave,
There's a few experienced owners on here, but most of us are new to the world of EVs, you're not alone! Enjoy it.
I have to say, when I saw your "Tesco comment", I got myself some popcorn and waited for the thread to unfold 😂
It is a welcoming forum, honest 👍
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Deleted User 192

StuartT wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:54 am It is a welcoming forum, honest 👍

Yeah I'm really nice to people who take responsibility for charging their car properly :lol:
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Im such a regular for free charging my Tesco home delivery address is Charger Ralph-Anya B Carpark B Tesco. 😂
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Welcome Dinno Dave! I ordered my ID3 around the time that you ordered yours and I'm well jealous! Enjoy it!

On the whole charging at free stations, I go to the shops every second day or so and usually have a cup of tea and a scone while there so I suspect a large part of my charging will happen there without forcing it. BEVery trickle helps.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Dinno Dave wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:35 am Here’s my introduction.

Our id3 58kw Pro Performance in white was ordered on the 09/09/21 and is now at the dealership, we’re picking it up at midday Wednesday. The salesman, (if he’s to be believed) said that the dealers had this model on order anyway in September, hence the rapid delivery (19 weeks ??) We live close to a Tesco with free charging and long may that continue !

This is our introduction to electric motoring, previously having various VWs and BMWs. We’ve enjoyed European trips in our cars, mainly Germany, Switzerland and Italy, but now we have a motorhome as well. Hence, the id3 will just be used locally, we’re not planning to take it away, ever.

I’ve been visiting this forum, on and off, since putting the order in, but am starting to wish I hadn’t cos there’s a lot of niggly issues being raised, (esp range anxiety, charging problems, software issues). Should we start a forum heading - Fun days out for Free - to balance the topics up a bit ?
Welcome aboard - there is a wealth of information available here. Congratulations on a normal delivery time! I ordered in August 2021 and expect delivery in November 2022 to 19 weeks vs 15 months is quite an achievement to be celebrated!
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Smitten wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 pm I ordered in August 2021 and expect delivery in November 2022
That's insane. I hope you get bumped up before then.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

cornbutter wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:22 pm
Smitten wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 pm I ordered in August 2021 and expect delivery in November 2022
That's insane. I hope you get bumped up before then.
I am lucky I can extend the lease on my current car by 6 months but post purchase dissonance has well and truly set in and I won't get it for another 10 months :o
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Dinno Dave

Post by Dinno Dave »

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve had a BP Pulse charger fitted at home, too !

. . . . and I’m in the local Tesco every other day, so makes sense to use their full facilities.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Dinno Dave wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm Don’t get me wrong. I’ve had a BP Pulse charger fitted at home, too !

. . . . and I’m in the local Tesco every other day, so makes sense to use their full facilities.
Best of luck with the BP Pulse charger.
Not sure if you're planning to use the scheduled charging but mine has not worked since it was installed.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Congratulations you’ve done amazingly well - so envious! I ordered mine early October, and it’s not even scheduled to commence build until September. Add a few weeks in build, and a couple of months delivery and it will be a 14 - 15 month compared to the initial 20 - 26 weeks I was originally quoted.
Unfortunately, I ideally need to replace my existing car this Spring or by early Summer, so I’m probably going to have to cancel for now, and go for the id3 MK2 when it appears in a few years time.
Deleted User 192

Dinno Dave wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm I’m in the local Tesco every other day, so makes sense to use their full facilities.

If you’re in the store for 20 minutes you’ll add 8-10 miles of range to the car, which could have cost you maybe 15p charging at home - not worth faffing about with cables for…