Hello from Cumbria - Tour on order

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Hi all,

Ordered my Tour on 24th Jan, apparently its safe from the cut in the line up, so i should still get it. I have no idea when though, I think i may be bottom of the list as i ordered it with pretty much everything apart from the decortive vinal transfers and the bigger wheels (the 19s look much nicer), but it means i need pretty much every semiconductor board which is the issue isnt it. i guess i can live in some hope i will see it in 2022, but time will tell.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23

Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Welcome! Unfortunately I think your hopes of a 2022 delivery wont come true. IIRC most dealers are quoting 14 months for ID3's at the moment.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Get your details on this thread too - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1088

There's a very handy order tracker!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:49 am Get your details on this thread too - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1088
Thanks, Just done so :)
ordered 24/01/22
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Dinsdale wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:39 am Hi all,

Ordered my Tour on 24th Jan, apparently its safe from the cut in the line up, so i should still get it. I have no idea when though, I think i may be bottom of the list as i ordered it with pretty much everything apart from the decortive vinal transfers and the bigger wheels (the 19s look much nicer), but it means i need pretty much every semiconductor board which is the issue isnt it. i guess i can live in some hope i will see it in 2022, but time will tell.
Welcome to the club. I ordered mine so long ago there was no "sports package" and I am starting to forget what I actually ordered 😅
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Welcome, I've just got back from whizzing around Cumbria for a few days, I think I'd have struggled without Booths and their chargersm but they made it very easy and relaxing.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

G43FAN wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:37 am Welcome, I've just got back from whizzing around Cumbria for a few days, I think I'd have struggled without Booths and their chargersm but they made it very easy and relaxing.
Booths are handy in Keswick, In Penrith Rheged is handy too and the café in both is nice
ordered 24/01/22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:13 pm
G43FAN wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:37 am Welcome, I've just got back from whizzing around Cumbria for a few days, I think I'd have struggled without Booths and their chargersm but they made it very easy and relaxing.
Booths are handy in Keswick, In Penrith Rheged is handy too and the café in both is nice
I found the Keswick chargers were only pushing out about 25kW. The car wasn't down as low as 10-20% admitted;y but they were definetly slower than the Windermere ones. Thw Windermere ones stated 120kW on them even when solo I was getting 53kW max and weirdly on the confirmation screen at the end it stated 62.5kW. Looking at some others using them on the last day the speeds weren't much better (Tesla S, an eTron and an ID.4 at various times), mind you the ID.4 was charging from about 85% when I arrived and was on 99% when I left.

20220210_105707.jpg

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

The 120kw IV’s share with the unit next door. So if someone is on that the most you’ll get is 60.

Last summer I consistently got 50 from those in Keswick - and I get the same from those in Kendal. Hats off to IV for having some sort of network in the Lakes unlike anyone else!!
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

MotMot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:51 pm The 120kw IV’s share with the unit next door. So if someone is on that the most you’ll get is 60.

Last summer I consistently got 50 from those in Keswick - and I get the same from those in Kendal. Hats off to IV for having some sort of network in the Lakes unlike anyone else!!
Think there are a few genie points too, not so sure to be honest, I have used Instavolt at penrith before coming home because there was a queue for the one and only chademo at Tebay, But thats part of EVing isnt it, you dont really use the chargers in your home county because you simply charge at home. :)
ordered 24/01/22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

MotMot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:51 pm The 120kw IV’s share with the unit next door. So if someone is on that the most you’ll get is 60.

I was the only one charging on occasion and also the screen is slightly misleading in that case, but I was grateful they performed as they did, as there was not much else available, in Coniston next to the Information office there was a 3kW charger.

20220207_115406.jpg

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

SOC and battery temperature also affect charge rate. You won’t get much above 50kw with more than 50% charge - and to pull 100kw (and more on newer id3’s) your battery has to be at least 25degrees… there’s a chance of this in winter after a hard motorway run - but probably not on other roads. I’ve had 100 in summer but maxed at 75-80 in winter.

Edit - I’ve only had 45 from one of the shared IV 120kw chargers.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

MotMot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:45 pm SOC and battery temperature also affect charge rate. You won’t get much above 50kw with more than 50% charge - and to pull 100kw (and more on newer id3’s) your battery has to be at least 25degrees… there’s a chance of this in winter after a hard motorway run - but probably not on other roads. I’ve had 100 in summer but maxed at 75-80 in winter.

Derailing the Hello thread a bit, but your edit makes my point.
I think I have a good grasp of the charging of Lithium batteries so understand a lot of the external factors, but I wasn't asking 'Why don't I get 120kW?'

My point is for people new to the world of EV charging it's all a bit confusing, There are 4 distinct units in the car park, each has 2 tethered leads (1 CCS and 1 Chademo) on the screen of each unit it shows as per my image above 1 and 2 both with 120kW. You can only use 1 or the other of the tethered leads so you would hope to see anything up to 120kW given ideal conditions.
But when you charge you are barely getting above 50kW and the final confirmation screen shows the charger as being 62.5kW. On top of that on ZapMap they are shown as 50kW chargers. It's quite hard to make sense of it all at times.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:12 am
MotMot wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:45 pm SOC and battery temperature also affect charge rate. You won’t get much above 50kw with more than 50% charge - and to pull 100kw (and more on newer id3’s) your battery has to be at least 25degrees… there’s a chance of this in winter after a hard motorway run - but probably not on other roads. I’ve had 100 in summer but maxed at 75-80 in winter.

I think I have a good grasp of the charging of Lithium batteries so understand a lot of the external factors, but I wasn't asking 'Why don't I get 120kW?'

My point is for people new to the world of EV charging it's all a bit confusing, There are 4 distinct units in the car park, each has 2 tethered leads (1 CCS and 1 Chademo) on the screen of each unit it shows as per my image above 1 and 2 both with 120kW. You can only use 1 or the other of the tethered leads so you would hope to see anything up to 120kW given ideal conditions.
But when you charge you are barely getting above 50kW and the final confirmation screen shows the charger as being 62.5kW. On top of that on ZapMap they are shown as 50kW chargers. It's quite hard to make sense of it all at times.
Now Im confused, your image above shows 2 CCS leads, not a CHAdeMO in sight? (something i notice as, whilst I wait for my ID.3 I have a LEAF which is really becoming a local only car due to less and less CHAdeMO availability. Grid serve being the ones who IRK me the most.
ordered 24/01/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:23 am

Now Im confused, your image above shows 2 CCS leads, not a CHAdeMO in sight? (something i notice as, whilst I wait for my ID.3 I have a LEAF which is really becoming a local only car due to less and less CHAdeMO availability. Grid serve being the ones who IRK me the most.

Better get used to Chademo becoming less available; for Europe and the UK at least it's playing "Betamax" to CCS's "VHS".
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

G43FAN wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:28 pm

I was the only one charging on occasion and also the screen is slightly misleading in that case, but I was grateful they performed as they did, as there was not much else available, in Coniston next to the Information office there was a 3kW charger.
My understanding is that the Gridserve 120s only deliver up to 120kW for vehicles with an 800V electric architecture (Ioniq 5, EV6, Taycan), and everyone else (i.e. us) has to lump it with max 60kW.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Utumno wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am

Better get used to Chademo becoming less available; for Europe and the UK at least it's playing "Betamax" to CCS's "VHS".
Yes, one of the reasons I ordered a new EV. went for the tour and heat pump to try and eliminate public charging as much as possible
ordered 24/01/22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Indeed it does but as per Instavolts web page for the site, they are CCS and Chademo and listed as 62.5kW https://instavolt.co.uk/location-hub/el ... re-000106/

Have to say of my limited (very limited) Rapid charging so far these Instavolt stations were the nicest to use.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Hello and welcome from your neighbour up north.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max