New to the Forum and Volkswagen (but not EV's)

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

Hi everyone,

My name is Derek and I collected my new ID.3 Family Pro Performance in Glacier on Andoya's on Saturday there. After a near 6 month wait it was fantastic to finally drive the car away from the dealer. I am sure I have a lot to learn to get the best out of the car although most seems fairly intuitive.

I went electric in 2014 and the ID.3 is my 5th EV and my wife is on her 2nd.

I am in Glasgow, Scotland and looking forward to getting to know my ID.3 and hopefully contributing to the community on here, even if I might need a bit of help myself!

Here's my car and I have to say I absolutely love it!

ID.3 for Avatar.jpg

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Welcome, I was admiring your car on facebook on Saturday, Glacier wears the Andoya wheels well.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Nice one mate. If you're ever in Airdrie give me a shout because I've never seen the inside of one in the flesh πŸ˜‚ my order is white too. No idea when it'll arrive though.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:18 pm Welcome, I was admiring your car on facebook on Saturday, Glacier wears the Andoya wheels well.
Thanks, I was thinking I was posting a few too many pictures on Saturday. :D :D

Not be too long for yours hopefully?

Delivery Day.jpg

Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

Jamie1c wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:43 pm Nice one mate. If you're ever in Airdrie give me a shout because I've never seen the inside of one in the flesh πŸ˜‚ my order is white too. No idea when it'll arrive though.
I'm not in Airdrie too often but I can let you know if I'll be out that way and happy to let you see one "in the metal" so to speak. Looks great in Glacier. I was really torn on the colour choice as the majority were quite "subtle" (except Makena of course) and as I was coming out of a dark metallic grey car I wanted a change so Manganese was out.

Loving it though, particularly at night!

ID.3 at night at the flat.jpg

Derek
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Derekosb wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:46 pm
Jamie1c wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:43 pm Nice one mate. If you're ever in Airdrie give me a shout because I've never seen the inside of one in the flesh πŸ˜‚ my order is white too. No idea when it'll arrive though.
I'm not in Airdrie too often but I can let you know if I'll be out that way and happy to let you see one "in the metal" so to speak. Looks great in Glacier. I was really torn on the colour choice as the majority were quite "subtle" (except Makena of course) and as I was coming out of a dark metallic grey car I wanted a change so Manganese was out.

Loving it though, particularly at night!
ID.3 at night at the flat.jpg

Derek
I appreciate that but was only joking, hopefully mine will be here before long. Yeah looks very nice at night, one good looking car. I was going to order red, but at the time they didn't do it, so white was my second choice. I don't dislike grey cars but here it seems to be the colour of every second car.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Welcome.. Car looks great.. I kind of like the USB number plate too, seems appropriate.
Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

[/quote]
I appreciate that but was only joking, hopefully mine will be here before long. Yeah looks very nice at night, one good looking car. I was going to order red, but at the time they didn't do it, so white was my second choice. I don't dislike grey cars but here it seems to be the colour of every second car.
[/quote]

:D :D
Strange thing is you ordered yours before mine. I ordered on 30th September 21 with Arnold Clark. I was given an initial delivery estimate of 23rd March and it turned up a full 2 weeks early. I was somewhat shocked by that!

I would have thought you should have had more information by now? I suspect the issue is that you ordered a "Max" and they seem to be taking longer?

Derek
Last edited by Derekosb on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derekosb

Post by Derekosb »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:23 pm Welcome.. Car looks great.. I kind of like the USB number plate too, seems appropriate.

Yeah, I thought that too, seeing as it's a "plug-in" :D

However, had it been OSB I'd have been delighted seeing as my surname is Osborne! Oh well, not to be. :lol:
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Derekosb wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:26 pm
G43FAN wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:23 pm Welcome.. Car looks great.. I kind of like the USB number plate too, seems appropriate.

However, had it been OSB I'd have been delighted seeing as my surname is Osborne! Oh well, not to be. :lol:
USB? Can you charge the ID3 from an Apple iPhone charger now? Cool.
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Derekosb wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:42 pm
Big_GT wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:18 pm Welcome, I was admiring your car on facebook on Saturday, Glacier wears the Andoya wheels well.
Thanks, I was thinking I was posting a few too many pictures on Saturday. :D :D

Not be too long for yours hopefully?

Delivery Day.jpg
I don't think people share enough pictures tbh lol ! I'm not expecting much luck on mine arriving this year now, Ordered 6th November but it's a Max model and there are people from last July waiting for Max and Tours.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Derekosb wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:24 pm
[/quote]

Strange thing is you ordered yours before mine. I ordered on 30th September 21 with Arnold Clark. I was given an initial delivery estimate of 23rd March and it turned up a full 2 weeks early. I was somewhat shocked by that!

I would have thought you should have had more information by now? I suspect the issue is that you ordered a "Max" and they seem to be taking longer?

Derek
[/quote]

Yeah it seems the max and tours have been put to the back of the queue or forgotten about.

I spoke to the dealership (Wishaw) about 2 or 3 weeks ago and all they could tell me was "status 10" and that was it.

I'm happy for you getting yours earlier than anticipated, it gives a slight bit of hope for some of us. I'm just waiting it out now.. I'm not planning on phoning them again so I'll hear from them when I hear from them πŸ˜‚
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Scratch wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:05 pm

Of course not, the ID.3 isn't made by Apple so there would be too great a risk to human life.. You can use any android phone charger though,,
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

G43FAN wrote: ↑Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:45 am

Of course not, the ID.3 isn't made by Apple so there would be too great a risk to human life.. You can use any android phone charger though,,
🀣 Plus apple would slow your car down after a year or 2..
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jamie1c wrote: ↑Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:39 am

Unlike Samsung who slows everything down on the day you turn the phone on, unless it's a benchmarking app πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:54 pm
Jamie1c wrote: ↑Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:39 am

Unlike Samsung who slows everything down on the day you turn the phone on, unless it's a benchmarking app πŸ˜‚
Haha true. I gave up on Samsung long ago..jumped ship to oneplus and now oppo..best decision I've made when it comes to phones. Purely Android, no bloatware or any other crap.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23