Newbie from the midlands

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
adamp_uk

Post by adamp_uk »

Evening All, stalked the forums for a few weeks prior to registering today in order to get a feel for everyone's views on the ID.3.

Went out and about to a few dealerships (Audi, VW, Skoda) to see which car I should go for as a next company lease car. Eventually settled on an ID.3. unfortunately my lease options came through literally days after VW hacked back the range to a single car with limited options. Gutted as the Family Pro would have been perfection.

Ordered the Life Pro Performance in Makena Turquoise with Derrys Alloys and a heat pump. Leasing company OK'd and submitted the order to VW around 20th Feb. Will update when and if I ever hear anything on the delivery time thread, but wanted to say hello! Not sure if there are any more "late to the party" guys like me who had a choice of 1 spec :lol:

There's someone local who has an ID.3 in this colour and everytime I see it I'm filled with excitement :D

Looking forward to changing to fully electric driving from traditional VW Golf GTD.
ID.3 Life Pro Performance / Makena Turquoise / East Derry's / Heat Pump.
Order Date: 5th Mar '22 (single spec)
Delivery Date: Nov '22 > Jan '23 > Mar '23
Build Week: w/c 9th Jan '23 :?:
Update: Delivered! 9th March '23 :D

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum.
The leap to an EV is a great experience.
It's a long wait for most but worth it.
It's a brilliant car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Hi, my ID3 is not that dissimilar from your order with the same colour and wheels, and before it arrived my main car was an Octavia diesel VRS, so also not very different from your GTD in the grand scheme of things. The ID3 is great, I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for! Really recommend reading here and about rapid charging/chargers on the speakev forum in the meantime, there's loads of good info out there for the switch to EV.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
adamp_uk

Post by adamp_uk »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:40 pm Hi, my ID3 is not that dissimilar from your order with the same colour and wheels, and before it arrived my main car was an Octavia diesel VRS, so also not very different from your GTD in the grand scheme of things. The ID3 is great, I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for! Really recommend reading here and about rapid charging/chargers on the speakev forum in the meantime, there's loads of good info out there for the switch to EV.
That's the next phase, as per only getting the choice of 1 ID.3 spec, I couldn't get any local fitter out to fit a home charger so miss out on the benefit from the government.

I think journey planning for holidays with charge stops is a fun challenge, the range should be sufficient for the odd trips to HO, not sure on winter though, may have to top up en route or at the office if there's a free charge slot
ID.3 Life Pro Performance / Makena Turquoise / East Derry's / Heat Pump.
Order Date: 5th Mar '22 (single spec)
Delivery Date: Nov '22 > Jan '23 > Mar '23
Build Week: w/c 9th Jan '23 :?:
Update: Delivered! 9th March '23 :D
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

adamp_uk wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:13 pm
I think journey planning for holidays with charge stops is a fun challenge, the range should be sufficient for the odd trips to HO, not sure on winter though, may have to top up en route or at the office if there's a free charge slot
I've already concluded charging on the go is nothing to worry about as long as you read up in advance how to go about it, know which companies to use/avoid, and then do a brief bit of of planning (like, 5-10 minutes on your phone/tablet) for each long trip you do. The areas of the country without adequate provision are getting fewer and fewer. Just don't set off on day one having read nothing and expect any charger to work like a petrol pump :)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.