Newbie from North Yorkshire

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paul_good79

Post by Paul_good79 »

Greetings from a Newbie :-)

I have an ID.3 Family Pro Performance (in grey) on order since March, due to be delivered November as a new company car.

The Lease company who manage our fleet have contacted me to say they’ve just had a 6 mth old ID.3 Tour (in Turquoise) become available and asked if I would like it as a temporary vehicle.. of course I do! so it’s been delivered on Monday :lol:

The best part is that they’ve agreed that I can keep the Tour at no extra cost if I’m happy with it and they will cancel the family I have on order.

So I guess I have a decision to make… Cancel the Family Pro Performance on order due in Nov 22 or keep the Nov 21 Tour….

I’m please we had our Zappi 7kw tethered EV charger installed a couple of weeks ago too!

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Having seen a Turquoise id3 for the first time last week, I would say keep the Tour - it looked stunning!
Griff

Post by Griff »

By getting your hands on a Tour, you'll be making a few people here very jealous......
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Griff wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:29 pm By getting your hands on a Tour, you'll be making a few people here very jealous......

Not least because our Tour is already 6 months old and sat in a German field somewhere.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:38 pm
Griff wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:29 pm By getting your hands on a Tour, you'll be making a few people here very jealous......

Not least because our Tour is already 6 months old and sat in a German field somewhere.
Maybe a Dunkirkesque evacuation plan is needed.. (Operation Dynamo 2). P&O seem to have some ROROs hanging about empty.
Paul_good79

Post by Paul_good79 »

Here are a few pictures for those interested..

so far so good but….

- When the car was delivered the lease company didn’t bother valeting it and it was a complete mess.. a few phone calls later and a mobile car detailer was here to clean it up.
- The variable boot floor is missing… I assume they were standard on a Nov 2022 Tour so emailed the lease company to find out where it is or order a new one.
- The internet radio doesn’t work… I’ve had enough trying to get it to work!
- The rear brake drums are going rusty on the outside… surely they should last more than 6 months.. may be a trip to a dealer??
- Still trying to work out what the actual range will be with the 77kw battery.. I don’t think it’s anywhere near the 300+ as advertised!
- I have no idea what the actual spec is on the car and what ‘toys’ it has
- Not sure if it needs a software update. it’s on 2.3 but read somewhere that 3.0 is available.

Finally, I wish it had a paper handbook as the online version is rubbish!

That said, I am really happy with it :-)

6D5A6BAE-0B1F-44E9-8AE9-5BE7C72D9E04.jpeg

88CA5D07-CE6B-4B54-9E52-A0C2BB1370C5.jpeg

BF47E57B-9975-4437-A278-FDDBB9314CA6.jpeg

Last edited by Paul_good79 on Tue May 03, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Congrats getting one at all!

The brake drum rustiness is probably as a result of having been parked in a field in Zwickau for 6 months waiting parts. I think they’re sealed units, so don’t worry about it if so.

The range will vary depending on how you drive the car but I’d expect 230-250 miles approximately at this time of year, and that’ll rise as ambient temperatures get warmer generally, then drop back again when it gets cold in late autumn.

I’m almost certain you’ll be on 2.3 software which is the latest currently available. Go into Settings-> System information and check - the 2.3 release will say ID Software 2.3 as well as Software version 0910 (the build number may vary though)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203