Surprised to almost be a new ID.3 owner

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
mramcha

Post by mramcha »

Hi All,

For the last 5 years I've told myself that my "next" car will be electric.

I'd had an Audi S3 (2001) for just over 20 years, with almost 200,000 miles on the clock. Long story short, it got in a minor accident, is due a new cam belt, and a bunch of other work needs doing, and I reckoned I didn't want to spend possibly close to £4000 to get it all good again.

So, I started searching, and decided that I wanted an ID.3. Then I saw the lead times, and gave up, and ALMOST agreed to lease a Nissan Leaf.

Then, yesterday, while looking through ALL the leasing websites, I found one that had a Moonstone Grey Volkswagen Id.3 Electric Hatchback 150kW Family Pro Performance 58kWh 5dr Auto. You know the ones that say. "Hot Deal, Only 1 left". Anyway. I called, and they had one (a cancellation), and I went for it.

Delivery day is set for Thursday 9th June.

Never had an EV before, so might have lots of questions, and willing to accept (but not always follow) any advice.

So far I have:

1: Ordered Easee One Charger (16th Jun)
2: Moved to Octopus Go Tarrif

I don't think the ID.3 comes with a charger with a 3 pin plug at the end as standard. Is it worth getting one?
I'll be public charging for about a week if I don't get the 3 pin plug. Any good tips? (I'm sure there's an FAQ someone will point me to)

Thanks, and I will be lurking for a while.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Welcome and Wow that sounds like a stroke of good fortune.

13amp / 3 pin / Granny charger - depends on circumstances really, if you are having a home charger fitted then it's no use at home. Do you make regular visits to people/places that don't have any charging facilities nearby and would let you plug in, then could be handy but I wouldn't rush into buying one for a couple of weeks use otherwise. I bought the Ohme one when it was on offer and apart from testing it have never used it in 14 months.

Public charging, people are always asking about apps etc, it really depends on where you are going to need it but currently the Bonnet app seems to be a favourite and is worth lookoing at.
mramcha

Post by mramcha »

Where is the “like”button?
Thanks on the granny charger front. I was persuading myself in that direction.
I’ll investigate the bonnet app.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

mramcha wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:31 pm Hi All,

For the last 5 years I've told myself that my "next" car will be electric.

I'd had an Audi S3 (2001) for just over 20 years, with almost 200,000 miles on the clock. Long story short, it got in a minor accident, is due a new cam belt, and a bunch of other work needs doing, and I reckoned I didn't want to spend possibly close to £4000 to get it all good again.

So, I started searching, and decided that I wanted an ID.3. Then I saw the lead times, and gave up, and ALMOST agreed to lease a Nissan Leaf.

Then, yesterday, while looking through ALL the leasing websites, I found one that had a Moonstone Grey Volkswagen Id.3 Electric Hatchback 150kW Family Pro Performance 58kWh 5dr Auto. You know the ones that say. "Hot Deal, Only 1 left". Anyway. I called, and they had one (a cancellation), and I went for it.

Delivery day is set for Thursday 9th June.

Never had an EV before, so might have lots of questions, and willing to accept (but not always follow) any advice.

So far I have:

1: Ordered Easee One Charger (16th Jun)
2: Moved to Octopus Go Tarrif

I don't think the ID.3 comes with a charger with a 3 pin plug at the end as standard. Is it worth getting one?
I'll be public charging for about a week if I don't get the 3 pin plug. Any good tips? (I'm sure there's an FAQ someone will point me to)

Thanks, and I will be lurking for a while.
Congratulations on your lottery win :lol:
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

You'll love it!. Ive got the ID.4 Max and the wife has just collected her Family Pro and she really likes it. The ID.3 feels more nimble and a fair bit quicker than the 4 but it's the room inside you'll notice. The wife's car is the facelift model and it seems pretty well built.