Hi from the East Coast of Scotland

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Hi,

Been lurking here for a little while. Ordered an ID.3 after hiring one for a week through the cheap VWFS scheme and loved the car - having tried almost every ev I could hire or test drive. This convinced us that living with an EV was doable, and that the ID.3 was a good car.

Ordered in March just after the only choice became the Life and immediately had to re-choose our preferred colour as Manganese Grey was no longer available. Finance on current car (VW Golf) runs out in October 2023 and was advised to get order in as delivery dates were 52 weeks or worse and lengthening.

Just received an update saying build date is September so very surprised that we might see the car in 2022, will wait and see.

Cheers

Alistair.
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023

Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Hi and welcome Alistair from another East coaster (Near Dundee)
I've had my iD3 since January and I am delighted with it, I have had Zoe's since 2015 and had like yourself test driven a good few others, after testing the iD3 and Kona when Octopus had test drives in Dundee I decided on the iD3 and now know I made the right decision for me.
Sure you'll have a few questions and this is the place to get the answers :)
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Mo1 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:55 am Hi and welcome Alistair from another East coaster (Near Dundee)
I've had my iD3 since January and I am delighted with it, I have had Zoe's since 2015 and had like yourself test driven a good few others, after testing the iD3 and Kona when Octopus had test drives in Dundee I decided on the iD3 and now know I made the right decision for me.
Sure you'll have a few questions and this is the place to get the answers :)
Hey Mo, thanks for the welcome.
Yes- I'm near Edinburgh (Livingston) and popped up to Dundee to use the Co Wheels car club in Dundee to try the MGS and i3, ended up travelling to Durham to get the ID3 for a week (we like Durham anyway). We made a little road trip of it and got to York, Loch Lomond and Anstruther. Dundee has a lot going for it - I even sought out the pop up chargers at the V&A last time we were in Dundee (No car to charge yet but the most impressive metal rectangle in the ground I've ever seen ;) ).

I notice the difference in local charging availability over the last year - Covid delayed a few but I'm now a few miles in between two new 50kW chargers from West Lothian Council and tried the private options. There is even faster charging at Harthill from BP - tried them all. It's good how quickly an 11kW charge will fill the car when on a longer shopping visit. With shared parking we are unlikely to be able to charge at home so the local availability was reassuring (I contacted West Lothian council but they are not looking in to on-street charging for existing housing).

Cheers

Alistair.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

That was a decent test drive you got, yeah Dundee is turning into a good destination for entertainment and culture with concerts at Slessor gardens, the V & A, Discovery point, Verdant works and more.

I got my iD3 from Lookers Newcastle after a lot of second hand low mileage searching, just over 1000 miles on clock and as new, I'm too impatient to wait for delivery :lol:

You never know you may get a cancellation and get yours earlier.

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

AlistairL wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:26 pm Hi,

Been lurking here for a little while. Ordered an ID.3 after hiring one for a week through the cheap VWFS scheme and loved the car - having tried almost every ev I could hire or test drive. This convinced us that living with an EV was doable, and that the ID.3 was a good car.

Ordered in March just after the only choice became the Life and immediately had to re-choose our preferred colour as Manganese Grey was no longer available. Finance on current car (VW Golf) runs out in October 2023 and was advised to get order in as delivery dates were 52 weeks or worse and lengthening.

Just received an update saying build date is September so very surprised that we might see the car in 2022, will wait and see.

Cheers

Alistair.
Welcome to the group, What colour did you end up choosing ? I too am from sunny Scotland ( Armadale ), what dealer did you order your car from ?
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Big_GT wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Alistair.
Welcome to the group, What colour did you end up choosing ? I too am from sunny Scotland ( Armadale ), what dealer did you order your car from ?
Hey!
I went for White and due to the long lead times went back to my "usual" dealer at Western Fort Kinnaird, Pullman in Durham were wonderful for the car hire but I wanted new and there was very little difference in price.

(Waves across the road to Armadale :) )

A.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Deleted User 1733

AlistairL wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:45 am
Big_GT wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:01 pm

Alistair.
Hey!
I went for White and due to the long lead times went back to my "usual" dealer at Western Fort Kinnaird, Pullman in Durham were wonderful for the car hire but I wanted new and there was very little difference in price.

(Waves across the road to Armadale :) )

A.
White was my second choice after Moonstone, I wanted Kings Red but I would have had to wait to order until December 21 and have a Price increase.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Hey all, another fellow Scot here. By the sounds of it, from a better area than you all. Airdrie 😂

For anyone interested, Drumgelloch train station (my local charge place) and Airdrie train station have a few charge place Scotland chargers. All still free for now 👍
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Hi Jamie, ha, Airdrie better than #SunnyDundee with all its charge hubs with solar canopies, electric buses, electric gritters and bin lorries Nah not having it ;)

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Mo1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:01 pm Hi Jamie, ha, Airdrie better than #SunnyDundee with all its charge hubs with solar canopies, electric buses, electric gritters and bin lorries Nah not having it ;)
Haha, don't think they'd last long here. Young team would make sure of that 😂
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Jamie1c wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:29 am Hey all, another fellow Scot here. By the sounds of it, from a better area than you all. Airdrie 😂

For anyone interested, Drumgelloch train station (my local charge place) and Airdrie train station have a few charge place Scotland chargers. All still free for now 👍
My MD at work is from Airdrie so I'm in no position to contradict you 8-)

A.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

AlistairL wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:24 pm
Jamie1c wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:29 am Hey all, another fellow Scot here. By the sounds of it, from a better area than you all. Airdrie 😂

My MD at work is from Airdrie so I'm in no position to contradict you 8-)

A.
Haha, oh yeah better keep your opinion hush 😂 although your MD will probably think the best place in Airdrie is the road out 😁
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Never been to Airdrie maybe that's a good thing :)

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Mo1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:45 pm Never been to Airdrie maybe that's a good thing :)
😂 Probably.

It isn't as bad as it used to be these days. Due to its location it's now more of a prime commuter town than anything else. House prices have risen which I'm not complaining about. But much like the rest of the smallish towns, plenty of vacant shops etc.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

I've been to Airdrie a few times but not for a while - my main opinion is that it was very good of Airdrie to join back up to Bathgate by rail so I had another (faster / nicer) option to get to Glasgow by train from Livingston.

A.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

AlistairL wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:23 pm I've been to Airdrie a few times but not for a while - my main opinion is that it was very good of Airdrie to join back up to Bathgate by rail so I had another (faster / nicer) option to get to Glasgow by train from Livingston.

A.
Yeah this was a game changer for the area and not just because of the new route but for me it was the single lane bridge (in clarkston) going over the track being rebuilt and widened to allow traffic both ways. The old bridge was a pain in the rear and should have been replaced long before it did.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
adamp_uk

Post by adamp_uk »

Cheers

Alistair.
Welcome!

Seems like you got the mega choice of 1 spec, as I had. Interesting you can get updates and a build date of September would back up my lease companies "it's tracking for November delivery" fingers crossed though...
ID.3 Life Pro Performance / Makena Turquoise / East Derry's / Heat Pump.
Order Date: 5th Mar '22 (single spec)
Delivery Date: Nov '22 > Jan '23 > Mar '23
Build Week: w/c 9th Jan '23 :?:
Update: Delivered! 9th March '23 :D
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

adamp_uk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:25 pm
Alistair.
Welcome!

Seems like you got the mega choice of 1 spec, as I had. Interesting you can get updates and a build date of September would back up my lease companies "it's tracking for November delivery" fingers crossed though...
Thankyou and yes, not much to choose from apart from wheels. I even got talked out of a heat pump on economic grounds.

I'm encouraged that they might beat the original estimate of over 52 weeks. Let's see if I have the car in my possession within 9 months of ordering.

A.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

Greetings, fellow iD.3 owner from Edinburgh West.

Bought second hand, loving the car so far.
Deleted User 1733

Nerdy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:19 am Greetings, fellow iD.3 owner from Edinburgh West.

Bought second hand, loving the car so far.
Hello, congrats on the new purchase. :)