Granny charging

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
zedmano

Post by zedmano »

so tried the granny charging over night from 40% to 80% in roughly 10 hours night rate for electricity here in Dublin 0.19c per kwh with eirtricity

8-)

2 euros...don't do much long driving so local around Dublin should last 3 days

not bad...

Screenshot_20220806-072442_Yale View.jpg

vanb

Post by vanb »

Thanks for sharing. The photo confused me at first. Thought it might have had something to do with the couple of G&Ts I had last night. Then all became clear! 😂🤪

I’m thinking of getting a granny cable too for emergencies, in case my wall box should ever stop working. Prefer to charge at home instead of travelling to a public charger. Is your’s the VW cable or a different make? Thanks from Stockport, UK.
zedmano

Post by zedmano »

it's the VW came with car..sorry pic is upside down
vanb

Post by vanb »

zedmano wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:09 am it's the VW came with car..sorry pic is upside down
Thanks. Enjoy your ID.3.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

vanb wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 am Thanks for sharing. The photo confused me at first. Thought it might have had something to do with the couple of G&Ts I had last night. Then all became clear! 😂🤪

I’m thinking of getting a granny cable too for emergencies, in case my wall box should ever stop working. Prefer to charge at home instead of travelling to a public charger. It’s the VW cable or a different make? Thanks from Stockport, UK.
If you want a VW granny charger I've got one for sale you can have for half price and it's only been used twice
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
vanb

Post by vanb »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:04 am
vanb wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 am Thanks for sharing. The photo confused me at first. Thought it might have had something to do with the couple of G&Ts I had last night. Then all became clear! 😂🤪

I’m thinking of getting a granny cable too for emergencies, in case my wall box should ever stop working. Prefer to charge at home instead of travelling to a public charger. It’s the VW cable or a different make? Thanks from Stockport, UK.
If you want a VW granny charger I've got one for sale you can have for half price and it's only been used twice
Thanks. I’m just thinking about it at the moment so not looking to purchase quite yet. If I do, I may need to get a longer one than the VW one. Thanks again.