Waiting for my tour

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Depends on how much disassociation you want with the car and how much you look ahead and anticipate the road ahead. I've had ACC for 4 of my last 5 cars and only put it on through average speed camera zones to maintain 50/40 through roadworks. Generally I don't use cruise control, and anticipate the road better than ACC, coming off the accelerator when I see cars slowing down ahead etc. Some people completely rely on it, but most of these recent drivers aids are wasted on me - maybe it's handy for putting make up on or doing a jigsaw whilst driving... :lol:

ACC is viewed very favourably by most insurers for preventing you crashing into the car in front if it jumps on the brakes, hence most cars with ACC have relatively cheap insurance, even with performance (my Golf R was pretty cheap to insure).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

DaveMullock wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 am Hi, does anyone use the adaptive cruise control? It seems really good from the videos I’ve watched, but I would appreciate other people’s point of view.
Yes. I use it all the time. I had ACC on my Tiguan and got used to using that pretty much all the time. It was much less 'intelligent' on the Tig and in some respects I preferred that. If I set it to 33mph it didn't sneakily drop it to 30mph when I wasn't looking.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Bump on this thread…

Ordered a bog standard Life Pro on Monday 14th June (told it was ‘in stock’) - given delivery date of 30th June. Checked today via the VW chat and it’s waiting to be shipped… chat person said it normally takes a couple of weeks to be shipped from that status - so I probably shouldn’t be too hopeful about the 30th… right? 😁
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Bump on this thread…

Ordered a bog standard Life Pro on Monday 14th June (told it was ‘in stock’) - given delivery date of 30th June. Checked today via the VW chat and it’s waiting to be shipped… chat person said it normally takes a couple of weeks to be shipped from that status - so I probably shouldn’t be too hopeful about the 30th… right? 😁
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MotMot wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:59 pm Bump on this thread…

I was almost in your exact situation. Ordered Life Pro Performance that was built and sat in Emden, on 29th March. Promised April Delivery. Ended up getting in May 8th because it took ages to get onto a ship. Once it's on a ship, you could potentially have it within a week to 10 days.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

:)
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Just had notification from the dealer that its 'on the ship'. Fingers crossed for some time next week (may even make the estimated delivery date of 30th...)
Bardan80

Post by Bardan80 »

I have an ID.3 on order and due for delivery any day now. I currently have a 2021 Tiguan Ellegance and use the adaptive cruise control often. It is very clever and a little scary as it uses the radar and nav to know what is going on. It slows as you approach bends and roundabouts. This all happens whilst it keeps a set distance between you and the car in front. Very futuristic, but fun. Add in the adaptive matrix headlights and it is like a Sci Fi movie