Life V Family

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
stevefletcher1978

Post by stevefletcher1978 »

Hi everyone, new to the board.

I've got a test drive booked in an ID.3 this weekend and unless it goes terribly, I'm hoping to order one after that.

I've just changed jobs and have gone from WFH to a ~95 mile daily commute, 5 days a week. My current car (which I only bought in February - didnt know about the impending job change) is a 2017 540i M Sport. I only say this to explain what I'm coming from. It's quick as hell, has loads of extras on it and I love it. But it's going to cost me ~5k a year just in petrol getting to work, never mind private mileage, servicing, tyres etc. It's just not worth the cost.

With this in mind, I've worked out I want the 204ps engine, as even that will feel slow compared to mine, but don't have much other choice with the ID.3. What I'm not certain on is which version of the styling I want. I have things on my current car I don't really want to do without - two of those things are electric memory seats and a reversing camera. I know people will say the sensors are fine but I've had reversing cameras on my cars for over 7 years now and love them - dont want to be without it. I've realised the electric memory seats are a no no as not an option. However, the camera is.

My current thinking is either the 204ps Life with reversing camera added in with the assistance package or the Family where it's standard. Price difference works out around £1700 pounds more for the Family this way around. I'm yet to see either in the flesh yet, but currently I'm being swayed by the Family for the nicer interior and dual zone climate.

Has anyone compared the Life and the Family version wanting a camera please and has any feedback on which is potentially the better way to do it?

Thanks a lot. Steve

darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

New here also but I'd definitely be going for the family. I like my toys too but the life was just too basic for me.

If you go to Drive the Deal they are doing a great deal for the family until the end of this month.

I've just ordered my Family Pro Performance last night, upgraded the colour and the alloys and also thinking on sticking on the first sport package for the sports suspension but remain to be convinced on it.

Edit - I'm assuming you're UK based. My bad.
wgibbons

Post by wgibbons »

The seats are nicer, the headlights are nicer, you get the pano roof, the wheels are nicer, the back seats have a ski hatch, the front seats have pockets in the back of them, the dash is two tone, you get dual zone climate control, more things to control with voice commands. You get a lot more with the Family compared to Life. Best thing to do is sit in each, take them for a spin, and see. For me, the seats alone (nicer material, pocket and rear arm rest in the middle) made the Style a better option over the Life. I know your talking about the Family, but same comment. The Style in UK is not the same as here: our one has the 200hp motor and 58kWh battery pack.
stevefletcher1978

Thanks very much!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

See page 10 of the price and specification guide on this page for the full list of the extras with a Family over a Life: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/order-a-brochure/id3
stevefletcher1978

Ta.