Newbie about to order

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Hello all,
I'm in the process of handing back the company car and ordering an ID3. OH is having a test drive on Wednesday and of she's happy then the order goes in.

As part of this I'm going to need a home charger, I don't suppose anyone can advise on extra costs for distance and no spare slot on the fuse box?
I'm guessing the 25 metres from the house to the drive is going to add a fair bit.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

So you’ll either need a new or a separate consumer unit for the breaker, plus a “standard” installation usually includes only 5 or 10 metres of cabling.

Talk to an approved installer, they will confirm what you’ll need and the costs.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Quotes so far are in the £1500-£2000 range after the gov contribution.

Might see how I get on with a three pin plug charge to start with.
Order No 3136****
digital

Post by digital »

BeesKnees wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:17 pm Quotes so far are in the £1500-£2000 range after the gov contribution.

Might see how I get on with a three pin plug charge to start with.
Have you had a quote from a local installer who actually came to see the job? I ask because we had national quotes using photographs that were double the quote from a local.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

All based on photos and videos sent to nationals.

Not sure how to find a reputable local installer. Do you just go through checkatrade?
Order No 3136****
digital

Post by digital »

BeesKnees wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:03 pm All based on photos and videos sent to nationals.

Not sure how to find a reputable local installer. Do you just go through checkatrade?
We have a zappi and they have a list of approved contractors on their website. Use one of theirs? Other than that, your installer must be registered if you are going to claim the grant.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.