Hi from Wales.

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
samzie

Post by samzie »

Hi all,
thought I'd introduce myself after one month in on my New id.3. I'm retired, I have a wife and two dogs.

After returning my discovery back to the dealer after a short term lease of one year, I was lucky enough not to drive a vehicle for nearly two years. Being without a car didn't bother me in the slightest. ive never really enjoyed driving much as i always seemed to be driving to work. I had thought about electric cars in the past, the leaf for example seemed the right way for cars to go.

A few weeks ago I watched Fully Charged on Youtube after it popped up on my timeline. Wow, things had moved on quickly in a short time, I watched more and more videos and I was blown away. In June I started visiting other dealers but found getting in and out of the eSUV's a bit difficult because of an old injury. across the road was a VW dealer. within one hour I test drove, paid the deposit and signed for the car. I had no doubts in my mind this was an amazing car and perfect for us.

One month later we have named the car Ted after the famous serial killer, it tried to kill us once or twice but nothing too serious :D .

After one month of ownership, I can honestly say, it's the best car I have ever had the pleasure of driving and owning. It has made me enjoy driving. My wife loves it and finds it very easy to drive also. she drives it about 20 miles a day and tops up the charge every night, we argue who's having custody of Ted most days. she usually wins. i think that this new generation of cars spells the end for petrol and diesel cars.

Bad points of the car? The voice control is hilarious, it really is bad. the automatic wipers don't seem to work even though I've selected them on the display. but I don't care.
Good points of the car? it's just awesome, go buy one.

#samziewatercolours

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi there in Wales. You will probably use the wipers a lot 😄
There is nothing more contagious than enthusiasm. Cheered me up.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22