Adaptive Cruise Control

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
wessexfolk

Post by wessexfolk »

Hello ID.3 folk.

I've a small problem with ACC on my 1st Edition (c/w updated software). I press the ON button on the wheel, accelerate to the speed I want, then press 'SET'. But I find that unless I press the ON button twice, nothing happens.

Other than that, very pleased with the car which I have now had for 7 months. Previous car was a Golf, which aided the transition.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

It should activate if you ONLY press SET, I only ever use the ON/OFF button to disable it if it's already active (without having to dab the brakes).
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Yes, don't press "ON", just "SET"
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:29 am It should activate if you ONLY press SET, I only ever use the ON/OFF button to disable it if it's already active (without having to dab the brakes).
Same here. I use it a lot but never touch the on/off.
To be clear. The dial symbol 0/I.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Mikem

Post by Mikem »

I'm test driving an ID3, Have yet to find the cruise control button. Easy on my Golf TSI on the arm. Does cruise control work in the same way on the ID3?
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The buttons are on the steering wheel just press set and off you go
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

It's the same as on most VWs Post 2014. It's on thr steering wheel. I/o either activates or deactivates. But it will only make it ready. Press set to turn it on. Up and down buttons to adjust speed. It should recognise the speed limit as soon as you enter a new speed limit area. Middle button selects distance, then up and down to change the distance to the car in front.