Delivery time

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wadard

Post by Wadard »

I ordered a Tour Pro S on 12th June and was quoted delivery 30th October. I've heard nothing from dealer since placing order. I see now VW has a special offer - order this weekend for delivery end of September. What is going on?

Black

Post by Black »

I think that is just the validity period for the offer. We ordered two weeks ago, have also heard nothing but got told at the time by the dealer it could be November.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

That’s not like a DFS “in time for Christmas” type of offer.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Wadard wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:05 pm I ordered a Tour Pro S on 12th June and was quoted delivery 30th October. I've heard nothing from dealer since placing order. I see now VW has a special offer - order this weekend for delivery end of September. What is going on?

I think the offer is basically to sell through existing stock. If you have a factory order, you're not going to fit into this category.

When I recently ordered our Tour last week, I was told by the dealer that all Tour orders that can't be fulfilled by existing dealer or national stock are on ~16-20 week lead times. He also said that lead time are beginning to ease up once confirmed and that 16-20 week lead time will probably be improved on.

The situation is leading to lunacy like VW Blackpool advertising their ID.3 Tour demonstrator on Autotrader for £49,999 with an availability of December 2021 :o
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there, I ordered a Life Pro, in April, and I was told it would be with me in September. There was a change in the Motability advanced payment and, to cut a long story short, I was told that if I were to order one now (this was last Saturday 17th) that it would be a January delivery at the earliest and the dealer said that he fully expects that to be put back further. Thankfully, I managed to sort out my initial order, it's now due mid-August, and I have to say my VW dealer has been first class in keeping me posted. These are strange and unique times we are living in that are constantly changing.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

You can get lucky: my delivery time was only 3 weeks, and it's a total delight. Presumably, no one else wanted my spec.
justinjured

Post by justinjured »

Ordered a Family Pro Performance about 3 weeks ago and haven't even had a delivery date yet. Am Bracing myself for a long lead time. Am thinking there may be high demand as well after the euros where they were being plastered all over our television screens!
tomvaux

Post by tomvaux »

I ordered my Family today… 20 weeks according to VW for factory orders but the dealer seemed to think it may be a little less. Regardless, plenty of time to source a home charger!
🚗 Family PP 58KW 19” Andoya in Melange 🚗
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

Salesman that sold me the car said that there wind be any ID's available until Oct due to chip shortage.
PinkyClarky

Post by PinkyClarky »

ordered my Family Pro Performance yesterday (moonstone grey/derry wheels) was told anywhere from 5-7 months due to silicon chip shortages, it is a factory order and my current lease will end in feb 22 so it isn't an issue, glad i started looking earlier than planned, the test drive i had yesterday was awesome though.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

PinkyClarky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am ordered my Family Pro Performance yesterday (moonstone grey/derry wheels) was told anywhere from 5-7 months due to silicon chip shortages, it is a factory order and my current lease will end in feb 22 so it isn't an issue, glad i started looking earlier than planned, the test drive i had yesterday was awesome though.
Nice choice :)
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Just seen this bit of info in that there is a two - three delay in orders above the normal scheduling.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Guess we got really lucky since the dealer with the best price had exactly the vehicle we wanted (ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour Manganese Grey Bi-Colour Style Pack and Heatpump) come in within two weeks of our order. What are the odds...

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

RogerO-K wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:09 am You can get lucky: my delivery time was only 3 weeks, and it's a total delight. Presumably, no one else wanted my spec.
We ordered on 26 June and were told on 10 July we could come and pick it up, despite having some quite specific requests. Luck of the draw.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

Just spoken to dealer
Car order 4th September
Just been told may be March,what does anybody think about this being realistic?
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

PinkyClarky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am ordered my Family Pro Performance yesterday (moonstone grey/derry wheels) was told anywhere from 5-7 months due to silicon chip shortages, it is a factory order and my current lease will end in feb 22 so it isn't an issue, glad i started looking earlier than planned, the test drive i had yesterday was awesome though.
5 months? Fingers crossed for you but wow....think there may be some dealer optimism in there! My current lease ends Mid April 2022 and I ordered back in Mid August. I have been quoted delivery in mid January, then late February and now expecting that to drift into March or even April. I don't think they have any idea really.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Wadard

Post by Wadard »

And it was delivered 23 November. Over the following two weeks it let me down several times, displaying various error messages such as "Error: Auto Hold" "Error: Rear Traffic Alert" "Travel Assist is currently unavailable " "Proactive occupant protection system is currently restricted" "Vehicle must not be towed" and various others. I was told to turn it off, close and lock doors, walk 50 metres away, wait, go back and try again. Finally it refused to start in central Warwick after charging overnight at a BP Pulse charger. VW Assistance told me to reset it by pressing and holding the infotainment on/off button. It started, but they told me to return it to the dealer for diagnostics. It is still there. I am told the inverter is faulty and will be replaced. They think I might get the car back on 17 December.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I’m now getting approx weekly status updates from my dealer, which is nice. They seem to be blaming the change to MY22.5 for the lack of any progress on my September order car. Maybe true, may be something they made up because VW have them nothing. It’s hard to tell. At least they are talking to me now!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

My dealer suggested my November 2021 order might have a December delivery now, although she didn't which year.

@Wadard did you get the issues resolved??
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Do we really need two seperate threads on this same topic? The most active thread on the forum is 'Delivery time'.