Delivery time

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

PinkyClarky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am ordered my Family Pro Performance yesterday (moonstone grey/derry wheels) was told anywhere from 5-7 months due to silicon chip shortages, it is a factory order and my current lease will end in feb 22 so it isn't an issue, glad i started looking earlier than planned, the test drive i had yesterday was awesome though.
Nice choice :)

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Just seen this bit of info in that there is a two - three delay in orders above the normal scheduling.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Guess we got really lucky since the dealer with the best price had exactly the vehicle we wanted (ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour Manganese Grey Bi-Colour Style Pack and Heatpump) come in within two weeks of our order. What are the odds...

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

RogerO-K wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:09 am You can get lucky: my delivery time was only 3 weeks, and it's a total delight. Presumably, no one else wanted my spec.
We ordered on 26 June and were told on 10 July we could come and pick it up, despite having some quite specific requests. Luck of the draw.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

Just spoken to dealer
Car order 4th September
Just been told may be March,what does anybody think about this being realistic?
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

PinkyClarky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am ordered my Family Pro Performance yesterday (moonstone grey/derry wheels) was told anywhere from 5-7 months due to silicon chip shortages, it is a factory order and my current lease will end in feb 22 so it isn't an issue, glad i started looking earlier than planned, the test drive i had yesterday was awesome though.
5 months? Fingers crossed for you but wow....think there may be some dealer optimism in there! My current lease ends Mid April 2022 and I ordered back in Mid August. I have been quoted delivery in mid January, then late February and now expecting that to drift into March or even April. I don't think they have any idea really.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Wadard

Post by Wadard »

And it was delivered 23 November. Over the following two weeks it let me down several times, displaying various error messages such as "Error: Auto Hold" "Error: Rear Traffic Alert" "Travel Assist is currently unavailable " "Proactive occupant protection system is currently restricted" "Vehicle must not be towed" and various others. I was told to turn it off, close and lock doors, walk 50 metres away, wait, go back and try again. Finally it refused to start in central Warwick after charging overnight at a BP Pulse charger. VW Assistance told me to reset it by pressing and holding the infotainment on/off button. It started, but they told me to return it to the dealer for diagnostics. It is still there. I am told the inverter is faulty and will be replaced. They think I might get the car back on 17 December.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I’m now getting approx weekly status updates from my dealer, which is nice. They seem to be blaming the change to MY22.5 for the lack of any progress on my September order car. Maybe true, may be something they made up because VW have them nothing. It’s hard to tell. At least they are talking to me now!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

My dealer suggested my November 2021 order might have a December delivery now, although she didn't which year.

@Wadard did you get the issues resolved??
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Do we really need two seperate threads on this same topic? The most active thread on the forum is 'Delivery time'.
Picker1

Post by Picker1 »

Ordered my ID.3 Family Pro Performance in late September and was told it would be ready at the end of February.
In November I decided to sell my Toyota CHR back to Toyota as I was not happy with the trade in value I was offered thinking I would get by sharing my wife’s car for a couple of months.
In January I was informed of a build date of week 21 so should be a June car.
With that information I bought an ‘in between’ car to use for 6 months and yesterday informed it will now be a July car.
My friends have suggested I cancel my order and buy a used ID.3 but they are for sale on average about £5,500 more than my invoice price.
Looks like I’m going to be using an old Kia Sportage for a while longer than expected!
wart13

Post by wart13 »

i ordered october 21 life pro performance , dealer phoned 2 days age and my build is week 40
and he says you should get about 6 weeks after that so november is looking like ..
Busman

Post by Busman »

It's official now according to Autocar.Life Models with extra spec will only be available to buy in UK for most of 2022,due to chip shortage and back log of orders.Max and Family not a priority.In In Ireland Volkswagen are pushing a GX Comfort Model , basically a Life model with added spec .
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

It doesn’t say anything about the Family and Max not being a priority. You’d think the priority would be getting people the cars they ordered many months ago, rather than pushing production onto a simplified trim level car.

All of this is such a shit show from VW. The ID3 is a great car, it’s brilliant value for money, but VW are screwing people over for choosing it.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:58 am It doesn’t say anything about the Family and Max not being a priority. You’d think the priority would be getting people the cars they ordered many months ago, rather than pushing production onto a simplified trim level car.

All of this is such a shit show from VW. The ID3 is a great car, it’s brilliant value for money, but VW are screwing people over for choosing it.

I think the evidence speaks for itself about Tour and Max orders not being a priority for VW. Family much less so.

But as I said in a roundabout way on the other thread I think VW’s priority is about making cars they can sell, not making cars they’ve already sold. And let’s face it, it’s not like they can actually make the cars they’ve already sold, otherwise our Tour and your Max would be on our respective drives by now!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MLB_ID3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?

Nope. The rear lights are different as well as the headlights and the Life-22 model has only single-zone climate control instead of dual-zone climate control. There will also be the usual voice control differences between the Life-22 and the Family, I expect. There might also be more differences I’m not aware of, but it’s very much a Life with a few extras rather than a cut-down Family.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Utumno wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:52 pm
MLB_ID3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm Am I right in saying the only difference between the new life model and family is the matrix headlights and pano roof (not available on the new life model)?

Nope. The rear lights are different as well as the headlights and the Life-22 model has only single-zone climate control instead of dual-zone climate control. There will also be the usual voice control differences between the Life-22 and the Family, I expect. There might also be more differences I’m not aware of, but it’s very much a Life with a few extras rather than a cut-down Family.
The other differences that spring to mind are the extra interior lighting options, the tinted rear windows and the variable boot floor. Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:11 pm Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.

Can't you just take it out?
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Bengeo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:39 pm
sidehaas wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:11 pm Although, I have the variable floor and would rather I didn't so am hesitant to point that out as a particular advantage of the family.

Can't you just take it out?
There are still the supports, and I would need to find somewhere in the house for it. I've settled on leaving it permanently in the lower position as the least worst option. It basically means I have a boot like a Life but 2cm less depth. It's not the end of the world.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.