Took the plunge yesterday…………

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
smuj

Post by smuj »

……….and now the wait begins.

After a couple of hours with the local dealer yesterday I signed off on a Family pro performance in Stonewashed Blue. Honestly, who comes up with these names. The actual signing of the agreement was new to me, entering a four digit number into a text message.

Now just need to wait until November.

Smuj
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Congratulations!
Stonewashed Blue was one of my alternative colours.
You won't regret changing to an EV.
Ouch, long wait though ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
smuj

Post by smuj »

Thanks. Unfortunately they had nothing in stock. Wasn’t too surprised at the wait after reading some of the posts here. Hopefully some good software updates in the meantime. Have to look on the bright side.
Smuj

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Yes, at least you'll have v2.3 when it arrives.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Family = equipment level
Pro Performance = 58kWh battery and 150kW motor

Silly names indeed.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Congrats! You'll be having lots of fun! "soon"
smuj

Post by smuj »

Thanks, yes I’m looking forward to it. Although I’ll miss my Tiguan, it’s a dream to drive. I’ll have to learn to use the iPad thingy. No buttons or dials :o
Smuj

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

smuj wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:49 pm Thanks, yes I’m looking forward to it. Although I’ll miss my Tiguan, it’s a dream to drive. I’ll have to learn to use the iPad thingy. No buttons or dials :o
I too am coming down from a Tiguan to the ID.3. and I agree the Tiguan is a dream to drive but the ID.3 was something else. It will be sad to see the Tiguan go but moving into the new age of motoring is quite exciting.
I ordered my ID.3 on the 1st of this month and according to the VW ordering system it came back with ab end of September delivery.
Seeing what yourself and others have said about recent orders and delivery times expected Novemberish it will be interesting to see if mine holds out for September.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

Again, I came from a 13 yr old car that had no electronic stuff.
I got used to the screen very quickly; tremendous drive all round.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

smuj wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:49 pm Thanks, yes I’m looking forward to it. Although I’ll miss my Tiguan, it’s a dream to drive. I’ll have to learn to use the iPad thingy. No buttons or dials :o
Hopefully you'll be surprised, I had an SEL 240 and really had some 'What am I doing?' moments prior to collecting my ID.3 in March. I hardly miss the Tiguan at all the ID.3 is so much fun to drive, especially when you have no range issues on your regular journeys. (Maybe that's why my Long Term consumption average is 3.2!!!)
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I came from a Tiguan too and the only thing i miss is the height so i could see over other vehicles
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw