Picking up my ID3 tomorrow !!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
She’s electric ⚡️

Post by She’s electric ⚡️ »

Tomorrow I’m so excited to take delivery of an ex-demonstrator June registered ID.3 Max which will replace my cherished 9yo diesel Golf cabriolet.

The forum has been such a useful source of advice. It’s prompted me to ask the dealer to ensure that the latest software is installed, and I’ll make sure I know how to turn off the car-managed charging schedule (the Pod Point is being installed next week).

What else should I ensure happens at handover? And any other tips for a newbie? Thanks.
Max Pro Performance in Glacier White purchased July 21

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Enjoy it! I'm nearly two weeks into ownership and its great.

Watch out for pedestrians (esp children) who don't hear you coming - especially at low speed (eg in car parks, exiting urban roads etc..)!

I also spent the first couple of days trying out local charging points to see how it all worked - supermarket ones, rapid chargers, council ones etc...

Figuring out and (semi) mastering the adaptive cruise control was great for me too... thats super useful and a game changer in how I drive on long journeys.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Focus on enjoying the drive and not watching the battery level, you'll very rapidly get into a charging rhythm where you'll almost forget about it.

Organise your infotainment system icons to suit your tastes and set up Carplay/Android straight away to get used to its operation.

Be prepared for starting and finger pointing and questions from folk.

Don't be afraid to ask other EV drivers you meet about charging advice, I've picked up some really good tips over the last few months, everyone is "cool" !
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Have the We Connect ID. app installed, an account created and logged in - get the car paired with the app.

There should be a Type 2 cable and a small set of tools in the compartment underneath the boot lining.