Car free... Hopefully not for long!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

For the first time in a long time I'm car-less! My 2014 Leaf 24kWh went off to its new owner yesterday, whilst I wait for the delivery of my ID.3.

I've got a Life Pro in Moonstone on order, and was told it should be delivered in September (which feels like an eternity already!)

Ordered it just over 2 weeks ago, and it was a car the dealer had ordered for stock, hence the shorter than usual wait time.

Will hopefully get the VW order number this week so I can track it myself, rather than pestering the dealer every other day.

In preparation for the arrival I've got a list of things to get:
- a type 2 tathered cable to replace the old type 1
- mats
- boot liner
- mud flaps

Also thinking about getting the windows tinted.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Blackeunos wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 am For the first time in a long time I'm car-less! My 2014 Leaf 24kWh went off to its new owner yesterday, whilst I wait for the delivery of my ID.3.

I've got a Life Pro in Moonstone on order, and was told it should be delivered in September (which feels like an eternity already!)

Ordered it just over 2 weeks ago, and it was a car the dealer had ordered for stock, hence the shorter than usual wait time.

Will hopefully get the VW order number this week so I can track it myself, rather than pestering the dealer every other day.

- mats
- boot liner
- mud flaps

If you haven't got any extras ordered, that sounds like the same car I have been told will be available in September. Let's hope it's not THE same car!
Just out of interest, why did you go for the Pro and not the Pro Performance? If it's financial, fair enough. Every review I have watched about the ID3 has used a Pro Performance.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Blackeunos wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 am In preparation for the arrival I've got a list of things to get:
- mats
- boot liner

The VW all-weather mats are very good if you wanted rubber rather than carpet.

If you want a full boot liner to protect the back of the rear seats and the carpet sides of the boot, I would recommend this if you have the boot floor in the lower position: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I went for a Pro instead of PP - and 3-4 weeks in don’t regret it. Plenty of poke for what I need (even fully laden up for family hol).

I figured I didn’t need the extra power for £1200…

See how much it costs to upgrade when the OS and app allow this…
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:24 am
Blackeunos wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 am For the first time in a long time I'm car-less! My 2014 Leaf 24kWh went off to its new owner yesterday, whilst I wait for the delivery of my ID.3.

- mats
- boot liner
- mud flaps

If you haven't got any extras ordered, that sounds like the same car I have been told will be available in September. Let's hope it's not THE same car!
Just out of interest, why did you go for the Pro and not the Pro Performance? If it's financial, fair enough. Every review I have watched about the ID3 has used a Pro Performance.
In my case I went for the pro because a) it was available this side of the next millennium and b) I was up against my budget ceiling and there comes a point where you can’t find anything more per month.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Scratch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:24 am If you haven't got any extras ordered, that sounds like the same car I have been told will be available in September. Let's hope it's not THE same car!
Just didn't see the point in paying another £1200 for acceleration that I don't need, I was more concerned with the range.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:28 am The VW all-weather mats are very good if you wanted rubber rather than carpet.

If you want a full boot liner to protect the back of the rear seats and the carpet sides of the boot, I would recommend this if you have the boot floor in the lower position.
I like the look of the VW rubber mats, so might go for them.

I've been looking at the flaps and boot liner from Torque Alliance https://www.torque-alliance.com/collect ... ccessories , which is primarily Tesla accessories, but they've got a few bits for the ID.3.