Wonder if I should cancel ?

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Went for it and signed up for a 107KW Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with Derry wheels at the end of June. The dealer told me they had already ordered it for stock and would be with me early September. Very happy . Then i found you guys and read some real horror stories of cars being off the road for weeks on end with software indigestion. That and the endless recital of various annoying problems, woes and imperfections makes me wonder if i should cancel. I don't want a car that lives at the dealer waiting its turn for repair; similarly I have no appetite for the frustrations and worries associated with all of this. What do you guys think?
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I guess as a forum there is no correllation of faults, frequency, number of cars affected. You will here the absolute worst and from those who are absolutely delighted but there is probably a vast quiet majority in between for whom the ID3 is just another car and go week to week without any problems.
The issues that come up can be worrying.
The transition to an EV takes some steady thinking and forgetting about your ICE experience.
I have had mine now for 7 months, 3400 miles in, dealer visit once for the 2.1 Upgrade, not experienced anything other than an annoying rear seat-back rattle on a bumpy road.
It is close to taking my best car crown, a 2.8 AWD Scorpio in 1990. A really great car in its day.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Stick with it.

The software has improved a huge amount in the last 10 months since I got mine.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Teething problems. The ID.3 is about a year old and so the big majority of the issues for the early adopters are now behind us. I’ve had trouble-free motoring for many months and it is definitely my best car ever. There may be a few niggles but that’s the same with any car….
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Just teething problems, and probably all down to software problems that are on the whole resolved.

Now have over 12k on ours, sold our ICE, and extremely happy with it.

We’d never go back.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Hopeful wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 pm Went for it and signed up for a 107KW Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with Derry wheels at the end of June. The dealer told me they had already ordered it for stock and would be with me early September. Very happy . Then i found you guys and read some real horror stories of cars being off the road for weeks on end with software indigestion. That and the endless recital of various annoying problems, woes and imperfections makes me wonder if i should cancel. I don't want a car that lives at the dealer waiting its turn for repair; similarly I have no appetite for the frustrations and worries associated with all of this. What do you guys think?
Just driven mine almost 2,000km to Italy in two days. No issues whatsoever other than some cruddy chargers in France. Stick with it.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

Stick with it. I have had mine 6 weeks and no real problems. Best car I have owned.
Hopeful

Post by Hopeful »

Many thanks to all. I'm due to pick up next week! Fingers crossed!
Life Pro 58kWh Stonewashed blue with East Derry wheels
stevelar

Post by stevelar »

Don't think you'll regret getting an ID-3. I have only had mine for a few weeks, but it is fantastic. So easy to drive, quiet, comfortable and safe. Great round town too. I am getting 4.4m/kWh on short school runs, which equates to much cheaper motoring than running a diesel car, especially with all the DPF regenerations. I've had no software problems so far and the 10 inch screen is easy to use and intuitive.
2021 ID-3 Style 58kW Pro Performance 204PS, East Derry Alloys, Heat Pump in Glacier White Metallic