Infotainment system playing music from Youtube Music when car locked

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Shippersa1

Post by Shippersa1 »

I have had my I.D3 less than 2 weeks but the last few days I've realised my car is connecting to Android Auto via my phone and was playing music from Youtube Music at 5am this morning whilst the car was all locked up on the driveway. It's as if the infotainment system is not closing down when I get out the car and lock it. It continues to intermittently try to connect to Android Auto. To stop this I put it into Offline mode but even when the car is locked the screen remains on. Has anybody else had this same problem and found a solution? What am I doing wrong? Is it a setting on the Infotainment system or Android Auto app?

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

How weird. Never had this problem, does the car detect when you get out of the seat? ie does it play the VW shutdown jingle?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Wonder if the seat sensor is playing up and thinks your sat in the car.
Shippersa1

Post by Shippersa1 »

When I get out the seat it all appears to go off but doesn't play a shut down sound. I lock it and walk away and then it someone connects to my phone and accesses my play list on YouTube Music intermittently. I've changed a setting in Android Auto that says to auto connect when driving thinking this might help but the issue continues.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

No chimes as you get out of the seat?
Shippersa1

Post by Shippersa1 »

No definitely no chimes as I get out of the seat. Everything just appears to turn off and I lock the door. I've been out in it today and had Google maps all set up with my destination in and the whole infotainment system closed down as I drove up the road and then restarted with the VW logo. Music intermittently pausing. Its very frustrating and although I like the way the car drives I'm not enjoying it due to this infotainment system that doesn't seem fit for purpose :(
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

That sounds odd. Mine chimes some goodbye stuff when I get out of the drivers seat - shortly followed by a loud click as a relay or switch disconnects the main battery (I think). That’s before any locking etc.