How quickly do Tyres wear

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jimbofartpants

Post by Jimbofartpants »

Hi I’m looking at getting a id3 family pro 204ps and just wondering how the tyres wear/last and what they cost to replace please? As broker I’m using has offered a maintenance deal that covers tyres, breaks and services etc for £26 a month.

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Hi Jimbo,
The service schedule is first service after two years (pollen filter and inspection) then every 20k or year after that. Some quotes of an official service cost of £160 or so.

Tyres - some thought their tyres were wearing fast - but it turns out the fitted id3 tyres start with 6mm of tread - so it’s probably more ‘normal’ wear rates.

Brakes. Drums at back (unusual!) that are sealed units with a 150000km life.. discs at front. On mine - they’ve been barely used (1800miles) no brake dust on the wheels. In short loads of the braking comes from regen by the motor on the back axle so they wear very slowly.

Depends how long you want to keep the motor and how hard you drive. I wouldn’t bother - but if you think you’ll cane a set of tyres in 2 years - then with the cost of the first service you might break even.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

MotMot wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:31 am Tyres - some thought their tyres were wearing fast - but it turns out the fitted id3 tyres start with 6mm of tread - so it’s probably more ‘normal’ wear rates.

I understand 6mm is true for the Bridgestones, but the Goodyears on mine have 6-7mm on them after 4000 miles - they're the same front and rear.
Jimbofartpants

Post by Jimbofartpants »

Thank you, ordered car didn’t bother with service plan 👍