Scheduled charging with Pod Point

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Leccy wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:05 pm
scott28tt wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:03 pm I have mine set to 20:30-01:30 in the PP app every day (to match my Go Faster off-peak period) and just plug it in on the nights when I need to charge, it just works for me.
Interesting you can have a Go Faster period outside the early hours, didn’t realise that, is that at 5.5p?

Also, on the nights you charge, are you plugging in before the scheduled time is set to start?

That’s mostly why I switched to Go Faster, you can pick a start time as early as 20:30, and yes I opted for 5 hours at 5.5p.

And yes, I plug in before the timer period, I’ve never checked the colour of any lights as it’s just worked so haven’t paid any attention.

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Leccy wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:45 pm Ah, interesting, so just to be sure, normally the PP light is blue, if there’s an active schedule, but it’s not charging it should be yellow, once changing it should be green?

I never see a yellow light, could be a clue mine needs sorting?
Answered my own questions via rtfm, logged it with PP support
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Weirdly I've never had this issue before, I have a charge scheduled for 10pm tonight, keeps going red.
Deleted User 192

CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:12 pm Weirdly I've never had this issue before, I have a charge scheduled for 10pm tonight, keeps going red.

See what happens at 10pm.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 pm
CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:12 pm Weirdly I've never had this issue before, I have a charge scheduled for 10pm tonight, keeps going red.

See what happens at 10pm.
But I thought if the light is red on the car it won't start charging?
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Didn’t for me
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

That’s what happened for me

(Sorry posted twice)
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Actually started charging. Weird.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:28 pm Actually started charging. Weird.
I also tried this yesterday
.when the charging port turns RED the cable is unlocked and can be removed.
It did start a charge though but don't like the idea of the cable not being locked into the car.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

We get red light on occasions but seems to charge ok at the scheduled time

Only time I am really concerned now is when we get red light on the PP
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
steve

Post by steve »

I have a Zappi charger and over on their forums some people have reported that the ID3 seems to go to sleep waiting for a charge that has been scheduled on the Zappi and doesn't wake up when the Zappi asks it to. Could be irrelevant but I thought I'd mention it!
NickG

Post by NickG »

I am having the red light problem when I try and use the PP to schedule the charge. Does VW ever respond to anything in this forum?
Lond_ID3

Post by Lond_ID3 »

This used to work fine for me - I’m also now getting this problem.

It seems to have started after the most recent OTA update for me, used to work perfectly before that.

I’ve complained directly to VW digital services - they’re a bit slow but they are generally polite and get on with it eventually.

My concern is that we’re going to get caught between PodPoint and VW with each company blaming the other - but it looks to me that the issue seems to be linked to VW software changes and I think the more people write to VW the better….
Deleted User 192

NickG wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:09 am I am having the red light problem when I try and use the PP to schedule the charge. Does VW ever respond to anything in this forum?

But does the car actually start charging at the scheduled time?

This forum isn’t owned/managed/run by VW, they might have a nosey at what is said but it certainly isn’t any sort of recognised method of communicating with them.
Lond_ID3

Post by Lond_ID3 »

I just checked my car - the charge did start even with the red light… and it charged to 80% as requested- my issue is the App - it said updated “just now” but clearly it hadn’t and wasn’t showing the correct charge state.

I do like driving my car but the App is driving me crazy….
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

I had a service visit from PodPoint on Friday and the guy changed the main pcb in the charger but this didn't fix the problem.
Car charger port is still showing RED (Charge Fault). Still hit and miss as to whether it charges or not at the scheduled time. Sometimes does and sometimes does not.
Charge cable still doesn't lock into the charge port when it goes RED.
Back to Volkswagen again on Monday to be told again that it isn't a problem with the car. :?:
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Indeed, whether the charge starts or not when the red light is showing, the cable unlocking from the car’s charge port is a no-no, especially for overnight charging.

As mentioned previously, I’ve gone to PP with this fault as I think it’s their issue, could be wrong on that I guess.

They came back saying that I appeared to have charged successfully using the schedule in their app, i.e. there is no problem! I’ve gone back to them pointing out that I’d used the workaround of connecting the car and charger without a schedule so that handshaking and charging starts, before enabling the schedule I want in the PP app. Charging stops shortly after doing that and starts again according to the schedule with no red light etc.

That isn’t how it’s supposed to work according to their instructions. When there’s an active schedule in the app, the charger light should turn yellow until the schedule time, green when charging starts, no red lights/unlocking, there should be no need for the workaround. Haven’t heard back for a week, disappointing that changing the pcb didn’t resolve the issue for you @idmania3
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

Leccy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:18 pm Indeed, whether the charge starts or not when the red light is showing, the cable unlocking from the car’s charge port is a no-no, especially for overnight charging.

As mentioned previously, I’ve gone to PP with this fault as I think it’s their issue, could be wrong on that I guess.

They came back saying that I appeared to have charged successfully using the schedule in their app, i.e. there is no problem! I’ve gone back to them pointing out that I’d used the workaround of connecting the car and charger without a schedule so that handshaking and charging starts, before enabling the schedule I want in the PP app. Charging stops shortly after doing that and starts again according to the schedule with no red light etc.

That isn’t how it’s supposed to work according to their instructions. When there’s an active schedule in the app, the charger light should turn yellow until the schedule time, green when charging starts, no red lights/unlocking, there should be no need for the workaround. Haven’t heard back for a week, disappointing that changing the pcb didn’t resolve the issue for you @idmania3
The guy that came out from PodPoint Point didn't seem to understand thet when the car was showing RED itwasaproblemandjust said it all seems to be working OK. Even although I proved to him that the cable could be removed.
Id3x2-21/71

Post by Id3x2-21/71 »

Sack pod point off get an ohme charger no issues and they can remotely access the unit
Id3 life pro performance 58kwh white east Derry alloys & Id3 city pure performance 45kwh moonstone grey east Derry alloys

Energy supplier octopus

£50 referral link

share.octopus.energy/warm-swan-246

Charger Ohme ev tethered
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

May have gone with ohme with the benefit of hindsight because of the octopus link up, subjective of course but they’re funny looking to my eyes and iirc not as convenient for cable stowage. Pod point can access remotely btw.