V W WE CHARGE

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Anyone use this method of paying for charging when on trips away from home ? Dose it mean you don’t !have to download all the apps to suit the different charging points !

You just use the We Charge and then pay V W .

Or what does everyone else use ?

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I looked at it but couldn't see any real advantage over the choices available via Zapmap. I subcribed to charges within a few miles of where I live and are also available Nationally. For me that is BP Pulse, Shell re-charge and Podpoint. Podpoint is at TESCO nationally and includes a number of free charging points of 7 and 22 kw (11kw limit on the ID3)
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Only worth using We Charge if using Ionity, and still happy to pay 45p compared to most other providers who charge about 35p anyway.

You can get a discount at Ionity, their usual PAYG rate is 69p, but the We Charge Go plan which is free for ID.3 owners (for 12 months at least) brings that down to 45p.

If you won’t use Ionity, don’t bother.

If you want to proceed, you can order a card and sign up for We Charge Go in the We Connect ID. app.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Sdeel7491 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:23 pm Anyone use this method of paying for charging when on trips away from home ? Dose it mean you don’t !have to download all the apps to suit the different charging points !

You just use the We Charge and then pay V W .

Or what does everyone else use ?
Used it on the trip to Italy for all motorway charging with Ionity and it worked every time. The subscription fee has been paid for several months thanks to this. Given the proliferation of networks, also in Italy, I still downloaded and operated EnelX and BeCharge, since there is no Ionity within 90km of the place we are in.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

I've just manged to use my We Charge Card for the first time, which has £500 credit on it given when i purchased the iD3 1st Edition.
Used it on the Osprey charger in Preston which cost 40p/kw total charging was 37.17 kw and cost came to £14.87p.
Just got an invoice from We Charge showing a cost of £17.04p as they added 20% VAT on it, i enquired with Osprey and
they said the cost shown on the charging unit is the only charge I should pay.
Has anybody else been charged extra by We Charge.
I have sent them an email on this but no reply yet.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I too have the card and every time you use it they put an extra charge on top of the official price, I've had my free £500 card for nine months now and have only managed to use just over half as the points you can use near me are few and far between , in fact I've only used an osprey charger which is ten miles away , once my free period is over it'll go into the glove box for emergency use only . I've also got an octopus juice card and they don't add anything to the suppliers price and in my case add any cost onto my household bill
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am I've also got an octopus juice card and they don't add anything to the suppliers price and in my case add any cost onto my household bill

I've been quite encouraged by the number of partner networks Octopus has been increasingly adding to Octopus Juice, even over the last month :

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 12.27.06.png

I'm sure it was just Char.gy and a couple of other folks I hadn't heard of in early July. Now it's IONITY, NewMotion etc.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

dem-id3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:55 am I've just manged to use my We Charge Card for the first time, which has £500 credit on it given when i purchased the iD3 1st Edition.
Used it on the Osprey charger in Preston which cost 40p/kw total charging was 37.17 kw and cost came to £14.87p.
Just got an invoice from We Charge showing a cost of £17.04p as they added 20% VAT on it, i enquired with Osprey and
they said the cost shown on the charging unit is the only charge I should pay.
Has anybody else been charged extra by We Charge.
I have sent them an email on this but no reply yet.

Look at the We Charge costs for the charger in the We Connect ID. app, yes you will pay a premium.

I've burned through more than £300 of my credit now, mostly at Osprey.

Here's an example from my most recent We Charge statement of an Osprey charge:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 14.32.18.png

van

Post by van »

So the charger presumably adds vat at the 5% rate, then We Charge adds a further 20% vat? Rishi Sunak must be rubbing his hands with glee 😬
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.
Deleted User 192

van wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:30 pm So the charger presumably adds vat at the 5% rate, then We Charge adds a further 20% vat? Rishi Sunak must be rubbing his hands with glee 😬

The rate at the charger should include 20%, hence why Instavolt and others "put up" their prices a few months ago - they're providing a service rather than just electrons, then Elli are doing the same with We Charge.

I'll stick to my previous comments on this topic - other than 1st Edition owners with credit, the only good reason I can think of to use We Charge is to get the 45p rate at Ionity for 12 months, rather than paying their 69p rate.

I doubt I'll use my card once my 1st Edition credit has expired in January.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

That's not happening with Ionity. Might be an Osprey issue - WeCharge has to charge you VAT, as you are the final customer. Osprey shouldn't charge VAT to WeCharge as it is a pass through for them. They should only apply the net price.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

We charge has just double charged me for last month’s invoice!
Check your bank statements
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Expérience is that WECHARGE is not compatible with some of the chargers and I dont find the App particularly helpful. It doesn’t show (at least not here) all potential charging options. And as we didn’t get a special offer with credit already on it, I have been tending to use Chargemap.. which seemed to offer more options and more sensible routings.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:35 am
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am I've also got an octopus juice card and they don't add anything to the suppliers price and in my case add any cost onto my household bill

I've been quite encouraged by the number of partner networks Octopus has been increasingly adding to Octopus Juice, even over the last month :

I'm sure it was just Char.gy and a couple of other folks I hadn't heard of in early July. Now it's IONITY, NewMotion etc.
Wondering if the Juice card will work outside the UK on Mer and Ionity and any others with EU footprint? Presume so. If my car ever shows up it will be travelling across Europe next December so good to know. Anyone tried?
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Wecharge have only ever added 5% to the unit charge on Osprey when I've used it which has been for the last 15 months , my free £500 finishes next week and I'll only use it in an emergency I'll use my octopus juice card when I'm on the move
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Smitten wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Wondering if the Juice card will work outside the UK on Mer and Ionity and any others with EU footprint? Presume so. If my car ever shows up it will be travelling across Europe next December so good to know. Anyone tried?
Yes the WECHARGE card works with Ionity network in France.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

There are even more detailed in the Electric Juice App. It has grown a lot. I have just signed up as I noticed Last Mile were supported and several others in the EU. Last Mile do a lot of on street 22kW chargers in and around Frankfurt. I figure with the Electric Juice card, Shell Newmotion, Chargemap (covering EnBW fast chargers) & Fastned I should be pretty well covered for a journey to Germany in the e208. Might entail a few stops with only a 45kW battery. Once the ID3 turns up I will have WE charge as well and more range.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

(irt Smitten)

I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
Last edited by sidehaas on Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
This isn't much of a benefit because ionity chargers are like rocking horse s**t ,few and far between , i think there are only about 8 sites in the country , the nearest to me is 133 miles away pm unless you have one on your doorstep it's a useless benefit
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:29 am
sidehaas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
This isn't much of a benefit because ionity chargers are like rocking horse s**t ,few and far between , i think there are only about 8 sites in the country , the nearest to me is 133 miles away so unless you have one on your doorstep it's a useless benefit