V W WE CHARGE

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

That's not happening with Ionity. Might be an Osprey issue - WeCharge has to charge you VAT, as you are the final customer. Osprey shouldn't charge VAT to WeCharge as it is a pass through for them. They should only apply the net price.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

We charge has just double charged me for last month’s invoice!
Check your bank statements
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Expérience is that WECHARGE is not compatible with some of the chargers and I dont find the App particularly helpful. It doesn’t show (at least not here) all potential charging options. And as we didn’t get a special offer with credit already on it, I have been tending to use Chargemap.. which seemed to offer more options and more sensible routings.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:35 am
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am I've also got an octopus juice card and they don't add anything to the suppliers price and in my case add any cost onto my household bill

I've been quite encouraged by the number of partner networks Octopus has been increasingly adding to Octopus Juice, even over the last month :

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 12.27.06.png

I'm sure it was just Char.gy and a couple of other folks I hadn't heard of in early July. Now it's IONITY, NewMotion etc.
Wondering if the Juice card will work outside the UK on Mer and Ionity and any others with EU footprint? Presume so. If my car ever shows up it will be travelling across Europe next December so good to know. Anyone tried?
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Wecharge have only ever added 5% to the unit charge on Osprey when I've used it which has been for the last 15 months , my free £500 finishes next week and I'll only use it in an emergency I'll use my octopus juice card when I'm on the move
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Smitten wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm
Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 am I've also got an octopus juice card and they don't add anything to the suppliers price and in my case add any cost onto my household bill

I've been quite encouraged by the number of partner networks Octopus has been increasingly adding to Octopus Juice, even over the last month :

I'm sure it was just Char.gy and a couple of other folks I hadn't heard of in early July. Now it's IONITY, NewMotion etc.
Wondering if the Juice card will work outside the UK on Mer and Ionity and any others with EU footprint? Presume so. If my car ever shows up it will be travelling across Europe next December so good to know. Anyone tried?
Yes the WECHARGE card works with Ionity network in France.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

There are even more detailed in the Electric Juice App. It has grown a lot. I have just signed up as I noticed Last Mile were supported and several others in the EU. Last Mile do a lot of on street 22kW chargers in and around Frankfurt. I figure with the Electric Juice card, Shell Newmotion, Chargemap (covering EnBW fast chargers) & Fastned I should be pretty well covered for a journey to Germany in the e208. Might entail a few stops with only a 45kW battery. Once the ID3 turns up I will have WE charge as well and more range.
Ordered 21.8.21
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

(irt Smitten)

I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
Last edited by sidehaas on Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
This isn't much of a benefit because ionity chargers are like rocking horse s**t ,few and far between , i think there are only about 8 sites in the country , the nearest to me is 133 miles away pm unless you have one on your doorstep it's a useless benefit
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:29 am
sidehaas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
This isn't much of a benefit because ionity chargers are like rocking horse s**t ,few and far between , i think there are only about 8 sites in the country , the nearest to me is 133 miles away so unless you have one on your doorstep it's a useless benefit
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:29 am
This isn't much of a benefit because ionity chargers are like rocking horse s**t ,few and far between , i think there are only about 8 sites in the country , the nearest to me is 133 miles away pm unless you have one on your doorstep it's a useless benefit
For myself I agree - the ones I'd be mostly likely to use are at Blackburn and they've been down for months - but those above were discussing the potential of using the Octupus card for Ionity, so I thought it was worth pointing out that they'd get a better rate as new owners if they use wecharge instead. There are also a small number of Ionity hubs that get a lot of use I think, it depends where you do your driving after all.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 am (irt Smitten)

I assume you realise that when you eventually get your ID.3 so you can have a free year of 'we charge go', which reduces the cost of Ionity from 69p/kWh to 45p/kWh. Just make sure you don't miss out by rushing through the set up in the WeConnect ID app (if you mistakenly select the 'wecharge free' option you might not be able to reverse it.) You'll only be able to get the cheaper rate using your wecharge card I think, so with Octupus Juice you'll pay the full Ionity rate. My wecharge card came very quickly but I haven't actually tried it out yet.
Sounds like a top tip - if we ever get the ID3.
Ordered 21.8.21