My VW order tracker

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Scratch » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:18 am

Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea what the timescales are for actually getting the ID3. So if the order tracker says "in transit", would there be a feel for how long to actually getting the car?

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 am

In transit is anything from leaving the factory to arriving in the UK. If you signed up to get text messages that is cut into 3 variations.

Don't quote on this but I believe 5a is left the factory, 5b arrived at depature port and 5c on board a ship heading to either Sheerness, Grimsby/Immingham or Tynemouth.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Scratch
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Scratch » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:09 am

Newfie wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 am
In transit is anything from leaving the factory to arriving in the UK. If you signed up to get text messages that is cut into 3 variations.

Don't quote on this but I believe 5a is left the factory, 5b arrived at depature port and 5c on board a ship heading to either Sheerness, Grimsby/Immingham or Tynemouth.
I am signed up for text messages but I haven't had any. All I can see on the tracker, is that it's "in transit".

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:15 am

That's an odd one. I know a lot of ICE VW's are being held at the factories but I haven't heard of any EV's.
Be worth checking with your dealer as their coding system is different to what we have.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Blackeunos
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by Blackeunos » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Had my 5c text on Saturday morning!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:12 pm

The tracking webpage has been removed. You will still get email notifications if you signed up for them but mentions nothing about SMS alerts.

Have spoken to VW CS and they were just as much in the dark as I was.

The My VW UK web now says contact your dealer to get updates but the person I spoke to at VW CS said you can still go through them.
Last edited by Newfie on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Up the jumper
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Up the jumper » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Removal of the order tracking function is extremely shoddy and the opposite of customer service. Mind you, the quality of the online services is almost comically poor. Nothing works: multiple loops that simply go round in circles. Given the reliance on software in the ID3 this is a worrying sign. If they can't get something as basic as a chat function working on a mobile site what hope is there?
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 3140xxxx 23/7
Confirmed wk30
Provisional build notified (wk45) wk32
Build confirmed (wk46) wk40
In Production email received 25/10
Build started wk46
Delivery expected Mid Jan
Gloucestershire.

Wolfsburg
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Wolfsburg » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.



Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.



The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.

ksoni94
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:26 am

Post by ksoni94 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Wolfsburg wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm
Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.



Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.



The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.
Oh dear! When did your dealer originally say it would be delivered? Also what model did you order?
26.07.21 - Order placed
02.08.21 - Order no received
6.10.21 - provisional build week 48
27.10.21 - confirmed build week 46

Wolfsburg
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Wolfsburg » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:31 pm

12-16 weeks was original delivery time quoted. Family Pro-Performance

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Wolfsburg wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm
Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.



Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.



The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.

Our Tour was ordered 12-July, order number 31384xxx. Dealer said December, possibly 2022. Would be interested to know if your order number is within the same/similar 1000, as that would certainly fit with the guidance I've got. I mean it's not good news, but it's at least some confirmation :-D
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm

It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.
Be interesting to see how far it gets pushed back.
Last edited by Newfie on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

darcy67
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by darcy67 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Ordered 28th June order number 3133xxxx and was told 16-18 weeks. Build week confirmed for 3rd week in September.

Will be very disappointed if I have to wait until next year for mine.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Newfie wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm
It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.
Be interesting to see how far it gets pushed back.

The "missing-in-action" Live Chat that proudly proclaims itself, yet I can never find any actual visible links to said Live Chat ? :D I assumed they'd turned it off at the same time they'd removed order tracking capability from the website. Is it still there ?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Looking at the website the Live Chat symbol is not currently showing on their site. It has shown a few times since they revoked the online tracking. If it does not show you can also call CS on 0800 333 666 and ask them.
Also I got an email confirmation from VW CS stating if you have signed up for SMS alerts before we lost the tracker you will still receive them.

Just checked the site again and the Chat symbol is showing, it shows in the bottom right of the screen as shown in this screenshot

Chat.jpg

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Black
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Black » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:33 pm

3134**** order tagged date 2nd July. Last communication from the dealer was build week 37 but that was a few weeks ago.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Newfie wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:10 pm
Looking at the website the Live Chat symbol is not currently showing on their site. It has shown a few times since they revoked the online tracking. If it does not show you can also call CS on 0800 333 666 and ask them.
Also I got an email confirmation from VW CS stating if you have signed up for SMS alerts before we lost the tracker you will still receive them.

Just checked the site again and the Chat symbol is showing, it shows in the bottom right of the screen as shown in this screenshot

Chat.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 18.38.36.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:43 pm

My order 3134**** placed 1st July and email I received from VW CS on Saturday informed me week 39 is still the provisional build week.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Newfie
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:53 pm

[/quote]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[/quote]

After going to the page it took 5 minutes for the Chat symbol to appear. I would guess the system is busy especially after their own making.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 pm

Newfie wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm
It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.
Be interesting to see how far it gets pushed back.

Got on the chat. Nothing I asked got anything back other than this. I'll chase the dealer too, see if I get more than "Computer Says No"...

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.14.16.png

(the chat problem was due to my working-from-home vpn blocking the connection - worked ok on my home wifi)
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Post Reply