Electric drive failure

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sephiro

Post by Sephiro »

After being told that I could be in for a three to four week wait I got the car back after two weeks so can't complain too much. Turns out the ECU for the heating/cooling had failed which I assume gets flagged as an "electric drive failure" as it can't heat or cool the traction batteries.

Hopefully that's the only issue I encounter so I can actually drive it for a decent spell and get used to the unintuitive infotainment system.

Vostick

Post by Vostick »

New to this forum. Picked up our ID3 on Friday and this morning had a red warning, electric drive not working error. Couldn’t drive the vehicle and auto-handbrake dis-engaged at one point which was very disconcerting. Car towed away and awaiting diagnosis.

Awaiting the call from the dealer.
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

randomly my electric drive not working error light is back on this week. has been off for about 8 weeks since it last popped up

no obvious faults with the car so far. just the annoying bing bong when I get into it
BeesKnees

Post by BeesKnees »

Looks like this is a common fault.
On saturday I got an electronic drive error and a symbol that said the battery was overheating.

Took it to the garage who said they've had several of these and it's caused by the battery coolant pump either having an airlock or getting stuck. The took the pump out, checked it over, ran diagnostics and then took the car for a drive.

All now ok apparently.
Life Pro with tow hook Stonewashed Blue
Ordered July , provisional build week 40/41, now 43. Confirmed 45
Order No 3136****