Pro or Pro Performance?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rocknrolla

Post by rocknrolla »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:45 am VW did confuse things a little with the naming and badging.

Pro Performance comes with wing "blade" badges that says "Pro". Do Pros come with the same badge? Maybe VW should put some big fake tailpipes on the Pro Performance to differentiate. :lol:
Perhaps it's just dealers who confuse the naming :) For example looking at available Id.3 you have the following 204hp model names:

ID.3 Pro
ID.3 Pro Performance
ID.3 Pro First Edition
ID.3 Pro Business
ID.3 First Plus
ID.3 First Max
ID.3 First
ID.3 Life Pro
ID.3 Life

Note, all of the above are 58Kw battery and 204 hp. Now I get that 'Max' of 'Business' refers to the trim, but still it's not clear if all those models will have same exact performance (I assume so if it's same HP and battery size..). If that's the case it's a bit false marketing to name something 'Performance' if all other 204hp models also have the same exact performance (unless is are some other performance oriented features like suspension, but I could not find info about that).

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

rocknrolla wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:05 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:45 am VW did confuse things a little with the naming and badging.

Pro Performance comes with wing "blade" badges that says "Pro". Do Pros come with the same badge? Maybe VW should put some big fake tailpipes on the Pro Performance to differentiate. :lol:
Perhaps it's just dealers who confuse the naming :) For example looking at available Id.3 you have the following 204hp model names:

ID.3 Pro
ID.3 Pro Performance
ID.3 Pro First Edition
ID.3 Pro Business
ID.3 First Plus
ID.3 First Max
ID.3 First
ID.3 Life Pro
ID.3 Life

Note, all of the above are 58Kw battery and 204 hp. Now I get that 'Max' of 'Business' refers to the trim, but still it's not clear if all those models will have same exact performance (I assume so if it's same HP and battery size..). If that's the case it's a bit false marketing to name something 'Performance' if all other 204hp models also have the same exact performance (unless is are some other performance oriented features like suspension, but I could not find info about that).
I think, the above is slightly wrong.

It does get confusing, the pro seems to mostly refer to the battery size (58kWh) and if it is just pro on its own it is the lower power output of 145ps. The performance is the higher output of 204ps.

So a pro performance is 58kWh battery and 204ps power motor.

The pure is another battery size reference, which is the 45kWh, but the performance part is then a motor output of 150ps.

The other part which also doesn't quite work is the tour, which is Pro S, and this is the 77kWh battery and 204ps.

Life, family, business, max, tour etc are the trims and the different equipment levels.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

Ok. A lot of information above. The Pro with 58kw battery with 145PS output is the alternative to the Pro Performance. It looks as though this is smaller output than the Pure (150PS) but the extra range seems essential to me. Have I got that right = Pro is 145PS vs Pro Performance at 204PS.

Based on discussions here - thank you everyone - I am planning on the Life Pro.
ID.3 Life Pro 145ps, 58kw, metallic paint and alloy wheels.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

ENEMUK wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:49 am Ok. A lot of information above. The Pro with 58kw battery with 145PS output is the alternative to the Pro Performance. It looks as though this is smaller output than the Pure (150PS) but the extra range seems essential to me. Have I got that right = Pro is 145PS vs Pro Performance at 204PS.

Based on discussions here - thank you everyone - I am planning on the Life Pro.

ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

Thanks Scott28tt. This confirms my choice :D
ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

Decision now made for Life Pro with metallic paint and east derry alloys. I will get the dealer fitted reversing camera.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me come to this decision.
ENEMUK

Post by ENEMUK »

To conclude this thread:-

Purchased a new Life Pro from dealer stock and picked it up yesterday. Delighted with the car so far (260 miles on the clock).

One factor in the choice of Pro vs Performance was the cost of insurance. Pro was half cost to insure (for our case). Not seen this point mentioned before.

Now entering the world of charging choices and range anxiety :roll:

Thanks for everyones input.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

ENEMUK wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:50 am To conclude this thread:-

Purchased a new Life Pro from dealer stock and picked it up yesterday. Delighted with the car so far (260 miles on the clock).

One factor in the choice of Pro vs Performance was the cost of insurance. Pro was half cost to insure (for our case). Not seen this point mentioned before.

Now entering the world of charging choices and range anxiety :roll:

Thanks for everyones input.
Half price Insurance for pro vs pro performance? Surely not? Definitely not for most. The Pro performance isn't quite hot hatch territory. Just did a Meerkat comparison for me. Around half were same price, most of the rest had a fiver in it (I usually pay around £270pa).

Having drivers aids like ACC, EBA, Lane assist etc have a far bigger factor in keeping premiums down than an extra 54/59ps. My 300ps Golf R with ACC as standard was about 20% cheaper to insure than my 170ps Scirocco without.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
van

Post by van »

We test drove a pp but the pro has about the same number of horses as our current car and we're more than happy with that. Maybe worth checking against your current car too? And bearing in mind that max torque comes in almost immediately you should find the I'd 'nippier'.
Family Pro Moonstone Grey
East Derry alloys, Heat pump.
Ordered 5 Aug 21.
Build started 18 Nov 21.
Left Factory 3 Feb 22.
Arrived with dealer 27 Feb 22.
Collected from dealer 9 Mar 22.