Miles per KW

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

I am assuming the figures in the charging /data screen is accurate. Anyone know for sure?

I have had my ID3 for just over a month and the stats suggest I am getting 4.6 miles per KW over the 1215 miles I have driven. I would suggest this is quite good, but I would be interested on what others are getting. (Mile per KW)

Cheers

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

My long-term is 3.5 over the last ~1800 miles, most of my journeys are short with plenty of stop/start driving.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

We have averaged 3.4 over the past 3000 miles.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Stop start driving shouldnt have much of an effect
It depends on absolute speed, acceleration and general usage of extras
Saying that, i havent found much effect of AC, perhaps 0.1
I have been getting 3.8 using AC, satnav, radio, etc. over a mixture of urban and motorway, just around 1200 miles now
When the school term starts in September, my wife will be driving to work every day. Just a 5 miles each way but mostly traffic. Will be interesting to see the effect
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

14k km on the clock and averaged 4.1 so far. No special driving. I wish I had made a note during the winter, the compare would be interesting.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Anduain wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:57 pm 14k km on the clock and averaged 4.1 so far. No special driving. I wish I had made a note during the winter, the compare would be interesting.

As a Yorkshireman, you must be aware that Barcelona doesn’t actually have winters, right ? :D
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:03 pm
Anduain wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:57 pm 14k km on the clock and averaged 4.1 so far. No special driving. I wish I had made a note during the winter, the compare would be interesting.

As a Yorkshireman, you must be aware that Barcelona doesn’t actually have winters, right ? :D
Well, I did have to put on a pair of jeans one day...

Sustained minimum temperature this winter was 8 degrees which did require heating in the car, for my wife...
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

4.1 from 2400miles. 60%+ motorways.
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

Most of my driving is in B mode , as advised by the guy in the showroom. Not sure this is the best thing for the car, but it does regenerate a fair bit of power. Very rarely use footbrake. Keen to understand the most effective and efficient way to drive the car, but can't see any details out there.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Steve_ID3 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:40 pm Most of my driving is in B mode , as advised by the guy in the showroom. Not sure this is the best thing for the car, but it does regenerate a fair bit of power. Very rarely use footbrake. Keen to understand the most effective and efficient way to drive the car, but can't see any details out there.
If you have an efficient ICE driving style, read tge Road ahead well etc then D mode seems more economical for me. D mode regens too, but it's just keener to keep going with little/no throttle input. Better to preserve your momentum with a forward thinking driving style than rely on the B mode to recover what it can. There's not a lot in it, I just don't like B mode - would rather brake with regen when I want to brake rather than the car bebraking if I'm not maintaining a certain throttle input.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

My lta is 4.3 and includes the tail end of Winter.
After best part of 8 months I still haven’t settled in a mode or D or B.
There are aspects of each I like and have extensively run all modes from Eco with Assist to Sport in D and B on long and short journeys.
I achieved more than 5 miles/kw in Eco with Assist and found it interesting how the car would regen and slow when approaching roundabouts and junctions without a satnav destination or ACC.
Currently driving in Comfort D as the car defaults to Comfort each time you start even though the screen may show you the mode you were previously in....which is irritating 🤨
Sport D if Im on my own! That instant torque and thrust off the mark is always a Wow moment.
I must look back at a post from Scott28tt of a table of modes and performance figures/%tourque etc that was interesting and check out Comfort mode values. These were for the Pro Performance models.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I use B mode on our local single track roads here. When you either cannot see what is coming towards you (bends in the road obscure the view) or cannot anticipate what the other driver will do next, it's better in B mode. Otherwise I use D mode. Overall 3.9 miles per kWh, but only 800 miles so far. Time will tell on more varied and longer journeys.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Id3x2-21/71

Post by Id3x2-21/71 »

3.6kw per miles over 6.5k miles a lot of varied driving motorways at weekends town midweek getting 200 miles range out of the 58kwh pro performance. This is allways i B mode for around town D mode for motorway.
Id3 life pro performance 58kwh white east Derry alloys & Id3 city pure performance 45kwh moonstone grey east Derry alloys

Energy supplier octopus

£50 referral link

share.octopus.energy/warm-swan-246

Charger Ohme ev tethered
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

On my commute this morning 21 miles I did 5.
Long term 4.4 with 4784 miles, got the car early May when we had some cold mornings.
I did a long run over the weekend 440 miles, a lot of motorway and my passengers needed heating on and then a/c on still got 4.2.
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

D or B depending on road. Average over 3,500km currently is 3.75m/kWh, which includes a fair bit of motorway at 81mph (Italy and France).

I've coaxed it into 5.5m/kWh in hilly road drives.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
bowsh123

Post by bowsh123 »

My long term is 4.4 over 6000 miles in 2 months, no special driving, AC on, heavy foot at times..., alot is motorway miles. Intrigued to see how this will drop over the winter
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

I have checked my last 4 journeys of approx 25 miles and the readings are (5.5, 6.6, 5.8 & 5.1) on a recent Journey I travelled 6 miles and gained 3 miles. used 5 miles power coming back. My average for 1500 miles has now increased to 4.8 miles per KW. Its all looking promising. All ECO mode with a mixture of D & B. Tend to use D for straight Stretches of road and switch to B to slow down at Traffic lights, corners and hills.
JOHNKAMIQ

Post by JOHNKAMIQ »

So far in over 5000 miles I have an overall rate of 4.3. In the colder months it was often 3.9. Mostly driving 15 to 20 mile trips. In the current warm weather I am getting 4.8 to 5 so very pleased with that.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Now well over 6,000km, with at least 75% of that on motorways in Europe (so standard speed 130kmh), up and down mountains and lots of aircon, as well as return leg with lots of olive oil and weight in the car (estimate 200-250kg payload). Average range 3.75m/kW. I'm not complaining.

Driving in hilly central Italy got 4.25m/kW I would estimate.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

I am getting 3.8 on average after 1500 miles. I use Aircon satnav radio and everything really. Mostly not driving mad but occasionally I put my foot down, especially when demonstrating the car to family or friends :) on motorways I drive at 70 but enough roadworks around to make motorways more of a 60 affair ar the moment. I have noticed a big difference between 50 and 70. If you drive at 50-55 constantly you can get around 4.2 or better, even with everything on. In fact I have found that aircon makes so little difference that I will keep it all year.
The only thing I do is that if I am sitting in the car for some time, eg waiting to pick my kids up, I will switch off the climate system completely.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674