Picking it up 1st September

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

MotMot wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:32 pm
colonelpurple wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:23 pm What's a manual ?
Something to read on the can.
All this talk about a hard or soft manual .. you might just be right :shock: :D
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Southwellpeter wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:59 pm I got my mats on eBay for £30 and they seem just as good as the "official" VW ones I had in my Golf. I guess time will tell.
Sounds promising. Have you got a link to who you purchased from on Ebay?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I actually got the mats when I collected the car. Result!
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Out of interest did they have it covered with a dust sheet ready to pull off like Mercedes & other manufacturers do?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

tomstring wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:57 am Out of interest did they have it covered with a dust sheet ready to pull off like Mercedes & other manufacturers do?
I take it you mean the car and not the mats? :D

No they didn't have it covered. Never experienced anything like that with past cars.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

tomstring wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:57 am Out of interest did they have it covered with a dust sheet ready to pull off like Mercedes & other manufacturers do?

Depends on the dealer, mine was sat in a corner of the car park but that was October under tighter Covid restrictions. I've seen other owners post photos/videos of theirs under a reveal sheet or with a big bow on it.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:04 am

Depends on the dealer, mine was sat in a corner of the car park but that was October under tighter Covid restrictions. I've seen other owners post photos/videos of theirs under a reveal sheet or with a big bow on it.
I do know someone who has always taken VW PCP and they got things like boxes of chocolates and/a bunch of flowers. I prefer the mats.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Scratch wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:20 am

I do know someone who has always taken VW PCP and they got things like boxes of chocolates and/a bunch of flowers. I prefer the mats.
It really does depend on the dealer and how you bought it. If you get it at a huge discount through DTD or similar, you're less likely to get the super special as they're clearly a big volume dealer, so haven't got the time to do it for everyone.

If I order a car and they can't include a set of mats etc after negotiations, I know I've screwed down the best discount I can. The ID3 is the first VAG car I've bought that didn't come with a full set of mats as per factory spec. I never use the carpet ones anyway. I always buy a set of rubber mats and stick those in.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Scratch wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:20 am

Mine was with a VWFS PCP, it came with mats (1st Edition) which I sold after getting the all-weather ones.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

My dealer has thrown in free mats, special paint finish with scotchguard and a number plate fixing kit for taking my personal plate off my old car. Really hoping for the dust sheet job on handover as a surprise for my wife.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

tomstring wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:20 am My dealer has thrown in free mats, special paint finish with scotchguard and a number plate fixing kit for taking my personal plate off my old car. Really hoping for the dust sheet job on handover as a surprise for my wife.
Sounds like you got free Lifeshine or Supagard from your dealership. That's a gift for themselves - usually retailing for about £300, you get about £20 of sealant, fast glass and scotch gard-like product for the seats. They'll have built in that product to your discount as if you'd purchased it - the sales-person personally gets about £60 commission for every "sale" of it, likely marginally more than commission on the car itself.

I definitely wouldn't buy it, but if its free and applied properly, your car's bodywork will bead up in the wet for 8-12 months before you'll need a top up.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Thanks I was never going to pay for it. Was also offered some special protection for the diamond cut alloys for about £400 but I declined as I have those wheels on my Ateca and never had a problem.
roller469

Post by roller469 »

I spotted it on my order form soon got that removed. My local hand car wash always does an excellent job. £300 is a lot of washes
ID3 Pro S (Tour), Manganese Grey, Sept 2021, Wiltshire UK