Area View on MY22 ?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 pm

Spotted something new in the latest ID.3 price list, I think - "Area View" appears to have been added quietly to the Assistance Pack Plus. I was under the impression that the ID.3 didn't have Area View at all and there's definitely no mention of it in the May price list :

Clip from 1.5.2021 price & specification guide :

1.5.png

Clip from 3.8.2021 price & specification guide :

3.8.png

Anyone reckon that Max and Tour's on back order already like mine will end up with a double whammy of electric seats and area view as unexpected specification bonuses ? :)

(edit: if anyone (Newfie?) has the 1.7.2021 pdf price & specification guide could you check whether this is new in August's price list ? I didn't keep a copy of the 1.7.2021 brochure and now can't find it anywhere...)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

craig
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by craig » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:52 am

The max has area view already but it isn't 360 cameras like you would think
When you are reversing you can change the view from regular reversing view to a wide angle view that lets you see if any vehicles are approaching from either side.
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic

Newfie
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:07 am

Its not on the 1st July ptice/spec list as shown

SmartSelect_20210820-090123_OneDrive.jpg

As Craig has said I believe its the near on 180° rear camera.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey (Dec 2021)
Ohme Home Pro charger.

Newfie
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am

As for the MY22 changes for the ID.3, this was the only items mentioned

SmartSelect_20210820-091423_OneDrive.jpg

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey (Dec 2021)
Ohme Home Pro charger.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 am

craig wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:52 am
The max has area view already but it isn't 360 cameras like you would think
When you are reversing you can change the view from regular reversing view to a wide angle view that lets you see if any vehicles are approaching from either side.

No, that's as I expected, and it's not Area View. It's just a different (wide-angle) reversing camera. VW's have had that for years. Area View is cameras around the car and a 360 degree view. I don't believe that's been put on any ID.3 until, potentially, those built based on the 3.8 price list.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:26 am

Newfie wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am
As for the MY22 changes for the ID.3, this was the only items mentioned

Thanks Newfie ! Seems like we might be getting Area View on very newly manufactured Max and Tour models then, at least according to that spec guide. I think it's unlikely it's a misprint given it references it in both the body text of the pdf and the option pricing. The memory seats are only mentioned in the option pricing...

My chap at the dealer is out today so I can't ask, generally these things have a "later than week <n>" build on them. I'll phone in next week and ask whether my Tour is going to have the Area View on it or not, and try to get an answer out of my dealership one way or the other
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Newfie
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:41 am

Utumno wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:26 am
Newfie wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:17 am
As for the MY22 changes for the ID.3, this was the only items mentioned

Thanks Newfie ! Seems like we might be getting Area View on very newly manufactured Max and Tour models then, at least according to that spec guide. I think it's unlikely it's a misprint given it references it in both the body text of the pdf and the option pricing. The memory seats are only mentioned in the option pricing...

My chap at the dealer is out today so I can't ask, generally these things have a "later than week <n>" build on them. I'll phone in next week and ask whether my Tour is going to have the Area View on it or not, and try to get an answer out of my dealership one way or the other
Unfortunately my chap at my dealership is on holiday this and next week. I think the memory seats are on the Max and Tour after seeing that video on the ID.4 with them. As for Area View I recall reading somewhere in VW paraphernalia that all it equates to is that the rear camera wide angle and side scan. We can hope that it is what it states and its something more but I won't hold my breath.
Checked with VW CS live chat this morning and still no confirmed build week. There again you usually get this 4 weeks before the confirmed week so if mine is provisionally week 39 I won't hear anything until next weekend onwards.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey (Dec 2021)
Ohme Home Pro charger.

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:24 am

> As for Area View I recall reading somewhere in VW paraphernalia that all it equates to is that the rear camera wide angle and side scan.

I'm hoping that's either a misunderstanding or VW FUD. I suspect the Area View feature already on the ID.4 is coming to top-spec ID.3's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlCsopHa1k

The system relies on 4 cameras (radiator grille, exterior mirrors, emblem in tailgate) to give front, rear, side or "top down birds-eye" views via display, each as full or split screen. It's most definitely not just two view modes (wide normal) of the existing rear view camera.

Will try to find more out.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Newfie
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: East Yorkshire

Post by Newfie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Utumno wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:24 am
> As for Area View I recall reading somewhere in VW paraphernalia that all it equates to is that the rear camera wide angle and side scan.

I'm hoping that's either a misunderstanding or VW FUD. I suspect the Area View feature already on the ID.4 is coming to top-spec ID.3's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlCsopHa1k

The system relies on 4 cameras (radiator grille, exterior mirrors, emblem in tailgate) to give front, rear, side or "top down birds-eye" views via display, each as full or split screen. It's most definitely not just two view modes (wide normal) of the existing rear view camera.

Will try to find more out.
That is looking interesting. Until the new Max and Tours start hitting the dealers we might not get the full facts but that will be a good few weeks away yet.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey (Dec 2021)
Ohme Home Pro charger.

User avatar
Anduain
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:48 pm
Location: Barcelona
Contact:

Post by Anduain » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 pm

and I'll be asking about "retro-fit" as soon as such coolness is confirmed.
Yorkshireman, living in Barcelona.
ID.3 Pro Max, Metallic Makena-turquoise, since December 2020, 2.3
11kw/h 3-phase charger at home, granny charge via Solar

MotMot
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by MotMot » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 pm

I expect the place selling the reversing camera and rear speaker kits will have Em…

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Anduain wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 pm
and I'll be asking about "retro-fit" as soon as such coolness is confirmed.

https://www.kufatec.com/en/volkswagen/i ... -e11-45740

Seems to already be a retrofit kit available from aftermarket with coding dongle, if you can find a friendly dealership.

Interesting the description confirms it's a full 4 camera setup. The wife uses her 360 degree Birdseye parking on our other car all the time, she'll love it if this comes on our Tour.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

craig
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by craig » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:55 am

hope your right the 360 set up would be great but on my max spec it has area view and it is just the rear camera wide angle and side scan but would be interested to see if it can be retro fitted
good luck hope both 360 and memory are new features on your orders
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:07 am

Seen a photo of Area View on a Tour model in Ireland, looks good. Relies on extra cameras under the wing mirrors.

craig
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by craig » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:15 am

Just seen that Ireland model good news hope you get the memory seats

Image
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic

slef2003
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Location: Norfolk

Post by slef2003 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 am

I have a copy of the july price list!
Hop[e this helps
Andy
id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
12.01.22 Given Build date of Week 14
16.02.22 Given Build date of Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build date of Week 34

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:52 pm

slef2003 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 am
I have a copy of the july price list!
Hop[e this helps
Andy

That's the August price list, but thank-you anyway :-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

slef2003
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Location: Norfolk

Post by slef2003 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:47 am

Oops!
try this one LOL
id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d 07.21.pdf
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
12.01.22 Given Build date of Week 14
16.02.22 Given Build date of Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build date of Week 34

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 pm

slef2003 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:47 am
Oops!
try this one LOL

Thank you kindly !
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

slef2003
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Location: Norfolk

Post by slef2003 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:23 pm

My Pleasure!
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
12.01.22 Given Build date of Week 14
16.02.22 Given Build date of Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build date of Week 34

Post Reply