Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Its difficult to make sense of anything to do with VW these days.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

For anyone who has already received their cars, do dealers typically hand it over with any charge?
Just concerned my first drive in my car will be trying to find a public charger…
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
smuj

Post by smuj »

Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:58 pm For anyone who has already received their cars, do dealers typically hand it over with any charge?
Just concerned my first drive in my car will be trying to find a public charger…
Mine was charged to 100% when I collected it. Give your dealer a quick ring and ask if worried.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:49 pm
Jimmyinit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:43 pm
Newfie wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:21 pm Just heard from dealer he's hoping for me to tale delivery on the 23rd if all goes well.
Snap although it all does depend on VW logistics I am told by my dealer so we should keep our fingers firmly crossed ;)
Interesting that there's a months order time between the 2 above posts but both at dealers around the same time. Is there any logical sense on the processing of these orders? :lol:
I would say we both ordered the same car (Tour spec) and Newfie's got stuck waiting for SC's before mine but VW have pushed on over the past few weeks to complete a lot of cars to try and meet their CO2 figures (just a guess) for the year, reading some posts where dealers are telling people that VW have the car down for 2021 registration it would make some sense but either way and very selfishly I am just glad that I might get my car before Christmas. I hope many more people will be getting updates that shock them I know in my situation I was very shocked to get a call some 10 days ago to tell me the car had been completed and was on route to the UK and if I am honest I was sceptical because I had not had the update via email from VW but instead from my dealer who has historically been rather lacking in updating me and again this morning the news that the car was actually in the UK and was awaiting transportation to them I know I was hoping but like I say it has put a big smile on my face for the now anyway.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Just had this email from my dealers, here's a section of it:

Your vehicle status is currently at ‘accepted at factory’ but with no ETA on build week. Cars that do have an ETA on a build week are still moving back so it’s probably a good thing they haven’t given me one for your car yet, as they may be waiting for a bit more certainty on their end before allocating one.

Guidance on lead times are set on your order form, however, as guided in your confirmation email – this is a guide only, and delays may occur due to semiconductor shortages (and whatever else is being thrown at us in the world).

Please be assured that your order is of an utmost importance to myself and my team, I need to deliver cars to make a living, so it is in my benefit to keep chasing the factory for you. I shall be checking cars as often as I can, I will just not be able to update you as often as I’d like.

I will be in touch around February / March time, hopefully with some more clarity on lead times, allocated build weeks, and ETA’s.
Please do get in touch if you have any specific questions about your order, or if you wish to cancel your order at any time.

Part that stood out to me was the being in touch Feb/March time. Long wait ahead I think!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:22 pm Just had this email from my dealers, here's a section of it:

Your vehicle status is currently at ‘accepted at factory’ but with no ETA on build week. Cars that do have an ETA on a build week are still moving back so it’s probably a good thing they haven’t given me one for your car yet, as they may be waiting for a bit more certainty on their end before allocating one.

Part that stood out to me was the being in touch Feb/March time. Long wait ahead I think!
My car was ordered at the same time as yours but when I spoke to my dealer last week it still hadn't been accepted at the factory. Hopefully come middle of January production will back in slow swing and we might get some positive-ish news :roll:
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Splash-Man wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Hemming91 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:22 pm Just had this email from my dealers, here's a section of it:

My car was ordered at the same time as yours but when I spoke to my dealer last week it still hadn't been accepted at the factory. Hopefully come middle of January production will back in slow swing and we might get some positive-ish news :roll:
Yes we are the same order date and same spec, but different colour. Be interesting to see whose is here first when the time eventually arrives!
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:35 pm
Yes we are the same order date and same spec, but different colour. Be interesting to see whose is here first when the time eventually arrives!
Fingers crossed I don't turn into Utumno Mark 2 :lol:
There are a lot of Family Pro Performance on the list to build !
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jimmyinit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Snap although it all does depend on VW logistics I am told by my dealer so we should keep our fingers firmly crossed ;)
Interesting that there's a months order time between the 2 above posts but both at dealers around the same time. Is there any logical sense on the processing of these orders? :lol:
I would say we both ordered the same car (Tour spec) and Newfie's got stuck waiting for SC's before mine but VW have pushed on over the past few weeks to complete a lot of cars to try and meet their CO2 figures (just a guess) for the year, reading some posts where dealers are telling people that VW have the car down for 2021 registration it would make some sense but either way and very selfishly I am just glad that I might get my car before Christmas. I hope many more people will be getting updates that shock them I know in my situation I was very shocked to get a call some 10 days ago to tell me the car had been completed and was on route to the UK and if I am honest I was sceptical because I had not had the update via email from VW but instead from my dealer who has historically been rather lacking in updating me and again this morning the news that the car was actually in the UK and was awaiting transportation to them I know I was hoping but like I say it has put a big smile on my face for the now anyway.

Newfie’s Tour was ordered before me, and Jimmyinit’s ordered afterward (and Jimmy’s order number was higher than mine too). My Tour hasn’t been built yet.

As Newfie said, hard to read anything meaningful or run predictions as VW looks so chaotic.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Splash-Man wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:39 pm
Hemming91 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:35 pm
Fingers crossed I don't turn into Utumno Mark 2 :lol:
There are a lot of Family Pro Performance on the list to build !
Maybe they'll build them all in 1 go especially for this forum :D
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Utumno wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:42 pm

Newfie’s Tour was ordered before me, and Jimmyinit’s ordered afterward (and Jimmy’s order number was higher than mine too). My Tour hasn’t been built yet.

As Newfie said, hard to read anything meaningful or run predictions as VW looks so chaotic.
Ah but you will probably get the MY22.5 after all is said and done I know that you probably want the car I know I certainly did but if you do get the bigger screen and the nicer interior that may go some way to console you ;) I had hoped you would get the call from the dealer but it does not seem to be on the cards for you sorry.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

...VW have pushed on over the past few weeks to complete a lot of cars to try and meet their CO2 figures (just a guess) for the year
This is certainly the case - Our ID3 arrived in eth UK over the weekend. When I asked if I woudl need to wait to pick up the car in January, my dealer confirmed that VW are pushing orders through to meet the CO2 figures for the year, which is why I definitely be able to collect my ID3 before the end of the month
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Good news here! My wife just rang the dealer for an update and apparently our car has been built and is on its way to the port :) He expects delivery in early January.
For the purposes of tracking - it's possible it was finished any time in the last fortnight as he hadn't bothered to contact us himself.
(We are in Liverpool and he said it might come through any of the three UK ports)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 pm Good news here! My wife just rang the dealer for an update and apparently our car has been built and is on its way to the port :) He expects delivery in early January.
For the purposes of tracking - it's possible it was finished any time in the last fortnight as he hadn't bothered to contact us himself.
(We are in Liverpool and he said it might come through any of the three UK ports)
Wait was yours BW45? :o
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It was originally confirmed 42, then (in week 46..!) we were told it had been moved back to 45, yes. In practice it has obviously been finished in about 48 or 49.
Our order date and number are both very close to cooksp and jimyinit's, whose cars seem to have been completed a couple of weeks ago so I don't think it's particularly out of sync, but it's also clear that confirmed build weeks from a long time ago no longer mean very much.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Woahhh my order number and order date is close to yours too. Hoping for a Christmas miracle 🤣 It looked like only cars up to BW40 were to be completed this year but now I'm not too sure. @Utumno at this point I just have to believe your car is parked at the dealers and they just have no clue its there!
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Good luck! :)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jimmyinit wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:33 pm Ah but you will probably get the MY22.5

I can guarantee you I'll be getting an MY22. Because that's how my luck rolls.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

flowerchild wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:10 pm Utomno - Thank you for adding us to your tracker, however, our dealer is Marshall Taunton, not Lookers Taunton.

Fixed!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Splash-Man wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:39 pm Fingers crossed I don't turn into Utumno Mark 2 :lol:

Perish the thought :mrgreen:
Tesla Model Y Long Range