Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TigerHep

Post by TigerHep »

I ordered my Life Pro on Aug 26th. Had a call last week that there is still no build week, estimated delivery date was January 13th. Guess that's not happening now 🤷‍♂️

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Picked mine up this afternoon, so it's now officially 'delivered'
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Nice one sausageroll.
I also picked mine up this morning, so that's another one delivered.
Had a problem with home charger but I believe it is now rectified.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
smuj

Post by smuj »

Congrats to both, great Crimble prezzy.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Excellent news! Enjoy 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Candy88 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:39 pm Hi again, my BW40 family pro performance has arrived in the UK - anyone know when deliveries take place over Christmas / bank holidays? What’s the quickest I could pick it up after it arrives at the dealership? Ie what do they have to do to the car so it’s ready?

I think you’ll likely be looking at the end of the first week in January. Christmas week is generally a write-off unless the dealership is desperate.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Smitten

Post by Smitten »

TigerHep wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:18 pm I ordered my Life Pro on Aug 26th. Had a call last week that there is still no build week, estimated delivery date was January 13th. Guess that's not happening now 🤷‍♂️
21st August here and mid January was also the date but that moved to late February back in November. Told two weeks ago it was code 10 "with factory" and then this week that it was "in build" but no further information so no build date but they are subject to change anyway. Perhaps yours will be similar...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Congratulations to Newfie and Sausageroll!!
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

PDI and paperwork completed. Couldn't pick up today as we're away. Confirmed pick up next Weds lunchtime unless there's some sort of lockdown.
Candy88

Post by Candy88 »

Utumno I think you’re right. I managed to get hold of him yesterday afternoon and he said if it arrived tomorrow (today) it was technically possible to collect on the 27th / 28th (we go away on the 28th) but he wasn’t hopeful of that scenario and so we would be looking at first week of Jan. if we weren’t away then it would have been a 2021 collection. my order was around July 10th btw
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd post my details as I dip in and out of this chat now and then to see how others are getting on.

I ordered a Family Pro in makena turquoise with east derry alloys on 21 July 2021 from Hawco garage, order number 3139****

I haven't had that much information from the dealer but at point of order they gave me an estimated delivery of 18 Jan 2022, and when I enquired in October they said they thought my build week was week 48. I figured I'd wait until the New Year then get in touch with them for an update as I'm hoping we're not far off now. Very excited to replace my old diesel guzzler with a fab new electric car, podpoint installed in October and at the ready!
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Candy88 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:46 am Utumno I think you’re right. I managed to get hold of him yesterday afternoon and he said if it arrived tomorrow (today) it was technically possible to collect on the 27th / 28th (we go away on the 28th) but he wasn’t hopeful of that scenario and so we would be looking at first week of Jan. if we weren’t away then it would have been a 2021 collection. my order was around July 10th btw
Probably for the best Candy88. You wouldn’t want them to rush the PDI.

Nice way to start the new year.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Smitten wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:46 pm Congratulations to Newfie and Sausageroll!!

Thanks!

Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the free key tag and USB lead

image_2021-12-24_102527.png

Somewhat fortunate, based on reports, that it also came with Contis

image_2021-12-24_102613.png

Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

IMG-20211224-WA0003.jpg

Another one in the wild yay :D
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Congrats guys, Merry Christmas!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DeeSyfor wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:30 am Hi everyone,
Thought I'd post my details as I dip in and out of this chat now and then to see how others are getting on.

I ordered a Family Pro in makena turquoise with east derry alloys on 21 July 2021 from Hawco garage, order number 3139****

I haven't had that much information from the dealer but at point of order they gave me an estimated delivery of 18 Jan 2022, and when I enquired in October they said they thought my build week was week 48. I figured I'd wait until the New Year then get in touch with them for an update as I'm hoping we're not far off now. Very excited to replace my old diesel guzzler with a fab new electric car, podpoint installed in October and at the ready!

Thanks! Based on those guess-di-dates from your dealer I’d think January was optimistic. Definitely worth an update from your dealer in the New Year.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

mediaguy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:34 pm Someone mentioned a change of price now (i.e. a change of colour from free) losses you the grant.
I think it depends on when you ordered it. I ordered mine early October and was told 'Its being built' by the salesman and when I asked what vw status code it was he said 00. A few days ago with not much happening I asked if I could add the assistance plus option as I'd heard you could still change the options while the status was 00. Eventually I got to the sales manager and he told me I could indeed change or add any options I wanted because it wasn't even on status 00 yet! Apparently it's not been accepted into the VW ordering system yet but the dealer has applied for the £2.5k subsidy from the government so he considered that was safe. Therefore, to answer your first question, if you've ordered under then old 2.5k subsidy, there should be no issues about losing it by adding a new option. If like mine your car is not yet in the build queue then there's no question of this extending any build time as the build hasn't started! The original grant was based on the RRP being below £35k. As I understand it the new £1.5k grant is dependent RRP plus any options you add must be below £32k hence you can blow it quite easily. It also depends what you mean by RRP. Currently VW advertise the ID3 starting from £32,300 but the government website says the base ID3 is approved for the grant. Its all very confusing, I hope I haven't made it worse. :?
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

Chris_Shep wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:11 pm
mediaguy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:34 pm Someone mentioned a change of price now (i.e. a change of colour from free) losses you the grant.
I think it depends on when you ordered it. I ordered mine early October and was told 'Its being built' by the salesman and when I asked what vw status code it was he said 00. A few days ago with not much happening I asked if I could add the assistance plus option as I'd heard you could still change the options while the status was 00. Eventually I got to the sales manager and he told me I could indeed change or add any options I wanted because it wasn't even on status 00 yet! Apparently it's not been accepted into the VW ordering system yet but the dealer has applied for the £2.5k subsidy from the government so he considered that was safe. Therefore, to answer your first question, if you've ordered under then old 2.5k subsidy, there should be no issues about losing it by adding a new option. If like mine your car is not yet in the build queue then there's no question of this extending any build time as the build hasn't started! The original grant was based on the RRP being below £35k. As I understand it the new £1.5k grant is dependent RRP plus any options you add must be below £32k hence you can blow it quite easily. It also depends what you mean by RRP. Currently VW advertise the ID3 starting from £32,300 but the government website says the base ID3 is approved for the grant. Its all very confusing, I hope I haven't made it worse. :?
I ordered a Family Pro in the middle of October and was Status 10 with a projected build week of Week 14 2022 (Optimistic I know) but was still able to add additional options in December, I actually changed my options twice the last being adding the Assistance Plus pack and none of my changes have affected my project build dates, subsidies etc, so I believe as long as you're not Status 20 I think you can make pack changes.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
TerraFirma

Post by TerraFirma »

DeeSyfor wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:30 am Hi everyone,

Hi DeeSyfor - I ordered the same car (Family Pro with East Derry, although mine's white!) on exactly the same day so will keep an eye on how you get on - we'll see how random VW's build schedule is! Was told week 49 for build so we won't be far apart :)
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

the government website says the base ID3
The base model may be the (currently un-orderable) life pure.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus