Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Uphamid3
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Uphamid3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm with DTD and their dealer in SE England. I have contacted them twice this week, and have had email replies from Eve at the dealership, but I still haven't been allocated a build week - they have said they will update me when they have some news.

Life Pro Performance, White, East Derry Alloys - ordered 09/10/21 Order 314915xx

duncsand
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:53 am

Post by duncsand » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm

I asked DTD because I get nothing from the dealer and DTD are the ones who gave me a written document stating 21 weeks, so I think it's perfectly reasonable to check with them. Regardless, they aren't telling me anything either! The dealer has now said they will check again next week to see if there's an update, but they have nothing to give me at the moment. I've been very friendly with everyone, as I know they've probably got little to go on. I did ask the dealer for a best guess based on how they see other orders progressing, but they declined even that. I see you have an estimated build week - I've not even got that, absolutely zero feedback since September, despite asking very politely several times 🤷

Tom_1985
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Tom_1985 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:53 pm

Actually had an update from our dealer this afternoon THAT WE DIDNT CHASE 😂😂😂😂.

Our build has now gone from 00 to confirmed week 14

Bit of positive news for a change

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:11 pm

Bubba82 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm
Don’t know how accurate this is but from another forum as of today they are ceasing orders for the ID3 to catch up

SpeakEV? Would be interested in following that thread…
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Bubba82
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Bubba82 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:28 pm

Utumno wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:11 pm
Bubba82 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm
Don’t know how accurate this is but from another forum as of today they are ceasing orders for the ID3 to catch up

SpeakEV? Would be interested in following that thread…
No it was from the Tiguan forum…I have a Tiguan on order too - keeping an eye on delays as I need it by August to replace a leased car but luckily I ordered it in November so hopefully be ok’ish
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021
Confirmed build week 51
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35
Delivery who knows!!

JP33
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by JP33 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Never posted before, learned so much from the various threads never needed to although new to Ev's. Ordered early Dec 21 but like most others got no further info apart from factory has accepted the order.
Question is, how do I add my details to the spread sheet?

Family Pro Performance, standard car with heat pump. Ordered through Drive the Deal, accepted 3/12/21, Order no 3158093xx

Malcster
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Malcster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm

I think VW's problem is they are trying to spin too many plates at once

Let's be honest the id3 was rushed to market to stop VW getting fined on the emissions

Now the rest of the VW group marques are releasing ev's and they trying to get these to market in each brand at the expense of the id3
With only a limited amount of chips it's a balancing act across all brands
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date

Smitten
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Smitten » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:18 pm

JP33 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:45 pm
Never posted before, learned so much from the various threads never needed to although new to Ev's. Ordered early Dec 21 but like most others got no further info apart from factory has accepted the order.
Question is, how do I add my details to the spread sheet?

Family Pro Performance, standard car with heat pump. Ordered through Drive the Deal, accepted 3/12/21, Order no 3158093xx
PM Utumno if he doesn't pick it up from here
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Status "With factory"
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022

SimonCrow
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by SimonCrow » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 pm

Hi Utumno
Can you add my order to your splendid spreadsheet, please?
Family Pro Performance, 58kWh, 204PS, East Derry alloys, Scale Silver, Infotainment package Plus.
Ordered 15.11.2021
VW Order no: 315673**
Much appreciated!
Last edited by SimonCrow on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, 58kWh, 204PS, 18" East Derry alloys, Scale Silver
Ordered 15.11.2021

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:27 pm

Thanks @SimonCrow and @JP33….details added!
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

SimonCrow
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by SimonCrow » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 pm

Thanks very much Utumno, for adding. Much appreciated!
Should have added: Dealer/Broker - DriveTheDeal.
Thanks
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, 58kWh, 204PS, 18" East Derry alloys, Scale Silver
Ordered 15.11.2021

sghom
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 am

Post by sghom » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 pm

Just to add to the air of confusion, I spoke to my elusive dealer today...... he's aged since I last saw him !!
My car has been built & is on the way ? Apparently, it's 'top, or near the top ' of 60 cars due.... or on the way. When I questioned the stages of production/ transport etc, all he could say was they do not always get that information from VW.... it's very erratic.
When I asked how he knew it was due then, he just said "I know it's been built" Hmmm?? make of that what you will ?
Also, they have 400 more cars on order, most of which will not see the light of day this year!

So..... Feb is still my due delivery time....... I'll believe that when I see it ! Also , according to Kev, It will have 2 keys...... one will be programmed, the other they keep until they can programme it ?
Dont shoot the messenger....... purleeese LOL ! Apart from that, the have a showroom full of cars...... all 'used approved' not a new car in sight....... but you probably know that? TTFN. :D


EDIT: It may... probably be a MY 22.5 ?? but I'm sure he made that bit up, not me.
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/12
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)

Bubba82
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Bubba82 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 pm

Image
Bubba82 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:28 pm
Utumno wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:11 pm
Bubba82 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm
Don’t know how accurate this is but from another forum as of today they are ceasing orders for the ID3 to catch up

SpeakEV? Would be interested in following that thread…
No it was from the Tiguan forum…I have a Tiguan on order too - keeping an eye on delays as I need it by August to replace a leased car but luckily I ordered it in November so hopefully be ok’ish

25E60635-5A23-4A2B-B16C-38C409D027D5.png

ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021
Confirmed build week 51
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35
Delivery who knows!!

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 pm

Ironic. I just got an email from VW themselves entitled “The ID.4 Pro. Now available to order”

It might well be that VW is focusing on retail rather than fleet sales for 2022 though.

If so then that will take VW out of Motability 😟
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

Dogcow
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Dogcow » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm

Utumno wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 pm
If so then that will take VW out of Motability 😟
I think the only VW left on Motability now is the Up :lol:

Bubba82
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Bubba82 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 pm

Utumno wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 pm
Ironic. I just got an email from VW themselves entitled “The ID.4 Pro. Now available to order”

It might well be that VW is focusing on retail rather than fleet sales for 2022 though.

If so then that will take VW out of Motability 😟
Agreed they must be focusing on retail and I think any lease cars will be delayed so they are built just in time for customers hence the earlier comment with the lex leasing customer
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021
Confirmed build week 51
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35
Delivery who knows!!

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm

Dogcow wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm
Utumno wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 pm
If so then that will take VW out of Motability 😟
I think the only VW left on Motability now is the Up :lol:

Close 😮 31 VW models from 6 ranges in total :

2 x Caddy Maxi
4 x Golf Hatchbacks
2 x Golf Estates
8 x T-Cross
9 x Tiguan Allspace
6 x Touran
6 x Up

Only 890 vehicles on the whole scheme too.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

User avatar
Utumno
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:34 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by Utumno » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:39 pm

sghom wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 pm
Just to add to the air of confusion, I spoke to my elusive dealer today...... he's aged since I last saw him !!
My car has been built & is on the way ? Apparently, it's 'top, or near the top ' of 60 cars due.... or on the way. When I questioned the stages of production/ transport etc, all he could say was they do not always get that information from VW.... it's very erratic.
When I asked how he knew it was due then, he just said "I know it's been built" Hmmm?? make of that what you will ?
Also, they have 400 more cars on order, most of which will not see the light of day this year!

So..... Feb is still my due delivery time....... I'll believe that when I see it ! Also , according to Kev, It will have 2 keys...... one will be programmed, the other they keep until they can programme it ?
Dont shoot the messenger....... purleeese LOL ! Apart from that, the have a showroom full of cars...... all 'used approved' not a new car in sight....... but you probably know that? TTFN. :D


EDIT: It may... probably be a MY 22.5 ?? but I'm sure he made that bit up, not me.

No idea about the key situation, but you should definitely be receiving two programmed keys when you pick the vehicle up !

As to the MY, please let us know when you collect it! I'd have said it was most likely a MY22 but it's possible MY22.5's are dribbling through already. It'd be good to understand when that dribble point is 😀
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Tour in Manganese Grey (on order since 7-Jul-21)
Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker

andrewparker
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by andrewparker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Sounds mad but Porsche have been delivering cars with just one key, saying the second will be mailed out at a later date.
Ordered 19th October 2021 – Max Pro Performance | Manganese Grey | Andoyas | Bike Carrier Prep
Order No. 3149xxxx
LATEST UPDATE – EST. BUILD WEEK 18

ytshome
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:21 am

Post by ytshome » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:35 pm

I bought a new SQ7 four years ago and they gave me one key and said the other would be couriered the next day. The car was dropped off at our home too late to drive so it was locked and we decided to have a day in it the next day. That night it was stolen with the second key which a salesman had stolen and sold onto the thief. I’d not even driven it.
Last edited by ytshome on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply