Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Ours has slipped from build week 18 to 19 according to the monthly video that our dealer sends us.

For the tracker:
It’s a Manganese Family Pro Performance with a heat pump on Derrys.

It was ordered October 26th from Peter Cooper in Portsmouth. We have no order number.

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Voodubber wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 am Ours has slipped from build week 18 to 19 according to the monthly video that our dealer sends us.

For the tracker:
It’s a Manganese Family Pro Performance with a heat pump on Derrys.

It was ordered October 26th from Peter Cooper in Portsmouth. We have no order number.

Monthly video? 😮 I consider myself lucky if I get a grumpy email once a quarter. Tracker details added!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Garyb 123

Post by Garyb 123 »

Hi All, as per many others, I have been lurking in the background for several months reading all the comments on the delivery times. It really is a mess. Anyway, thought I would finally join in and add my details to the growing problem.
I ordered mine in early August 21. It’s on lease with vehicle flex who order via Lex I believe. Like many, details have been sketchy from the start, it started off as October/November delivery and then December/Early January and now they don’t have a clue. Charger being fitted 31.1.22 as didn’t want to delay it any further, just in case, but now thinking that will be a waste of time and money for something that probably won’t show for whoever knows how long…
Felt like pulling the order for the past month or so but after waiting so long feel like I’d be biting my nose to spite my face.
Here’s my details.
Order confirmed 12.08.21
Family Pro Performance With East Derry Alloys.
Glacier White
order number 3142••••

Just had an update that my car is built but missing parts to be completed so guess it’ll still be several weeks off. Just happy that I have some news rather than the usual no idea rhetoric 😊
Last edited by Garyb 123 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry’s
Paper worked signed 12.08.21
Order number 3142****
Build week changed a few times but last update was week 47
sghom

Post by sghom »

[/quote]

Monthly video? 😮 I consider myself lucky if I get a grumpy email once a quarter. Tracker details added!
[/quote]

you get an email ?? pffft
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)
Griff

Post by Griff »

sghom wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:41 am

[/quote]

you get an email ?? pffft
[/quote]

Luxury!!! We used to dream of getting e-mails.......
;)
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Thank you, Utumno, much appreciated.
woodstock

Post by woodstock »

Hi TerraFirma

I presume we are with the same dealer in the South East of England ?

They finally explained that cars with confirmed build weeks had been built, but were parked up waiting for chips.
12 days ago they said they has some cars being given the code 30 from week 45.
On Friday they said only a few of their cars for week 46 were waiting for code 30, ie week 45 had been done
Their next batch of cars would then be week 49 confirmed cars, ie ours.
But they had no week 47 or 48 cars in the VW system and they were not even sure VW did a week 47/48 confirmed build week.

Utumno thank you so much for maintaining the tracker, could you please adjust my data...my confirmed build week was 49 2021..not 2022..Thank you
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

woodstock wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:44 pm Hi TerraFirma

They finally explained that cars with confirmed build weeks had been built, but were parked up waiting for chips.
On Friday they said only a few of their cars for week 46 were waiting for code 30, ie week 45 had been done
But they had no week 47 or 48 cars in the VW system and they were not even sure VW did a week 47/48 confirmed build week.

Utumno thank you so much for maintaining the tracker, could you please adjust my data...my confirmed build week was 49 2021..not 2022..Thank you

Good spot! Sorry for my error 😊

Worth mentioning several week 40 cars are still waiting to go to status 30…
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Just read the following article about the delay to the ID5 production:

https://insideevs.com/news/563781/volks ... roduction/

It says production at the plant was halted in November because of supply issues.

I wonder if the ID3 was affected?
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

All MEB cars are on the same production line - so quite likely!
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

Also, might explain why all of the orders are getting their build weeks bumped along...
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
TerraFirma

Post by TerraFirma »

Yes that's right - I know it's a sworn secret who the dealer is (although a few have mentioned it on these forums!) but let's just say it's not that far from the port where the cars are arriving!

That's really interesting about no wk47/48. Last I heard was they were waiting for wk46 cars to come through so looks like it has moved on since which is really good news. We can't be too far away now as it feels like a steady stream of Life and Family trims coming through. Feel sorry for you Utumno, surely the factory have heard of your brilliant work on the spreadsheet and can get a wriggle on as a goodwill gesture!
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

TerraFirma wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:24 pm
Yes that's right - I know it's a sworn secret who the dealer is (although a few have mentioned it on these forums!) but let's just say it's not that far from the port where the cars are arriving!
FWIW VW use three ports in the UK; Sheerness, Grimsby, and Tyne, dependant on which dealer the car is going to.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

TerraFirma wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:24 pm

That's really interesting about no wk47/48. Last I heard was they were waiting for wk46 cars to come through so looks like it has moved on since which is really good news. We can't be too far away now as it feels like a steady stream of Life and Family trims coming through. Feel sorry for you Utumno, surely the factory have heard of your brilliant work on the spreadsheet and can get a wriggle on as a goodwill gesture!
interestingly... my partner also has an ID.3 Family 52kwh Pro, Moonstone grey & Derry's , with a confirmed build week 49!... via a certain dealer in the South East ...other than that info no update yet on exactly when/if it is actually built or hopefully on its way, ...

Ordered 20 Sept with an est 20wk delivery at that time , order # 314041xx
Last edited by MikeS on Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
DeeSyfor

Post by DeeSyfor »

I was on a code 20 week 48 build, but told in January I'm back to a code 10. No blooming idea when the build week is, dealer wasn't telling. I'm another who gets no communication unless I contact them first 🙄
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Garyb 123 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:35 am Hi All, as per many others, I have been lurking in the background for several months reading all the comments on the delivery times. It really is a mess. Anyway, thought I would finally join in and add my details to the growing problem.
I ordered mine in early August 21. It’s on lease with vehicle flex who order via Lex I believe. Like many, details have been sketchy from the start, it started off as October/November delivery and then December/Early January and now they don’t have a clue. Charger being fitted 31.1.22 as didn’t want to delay it any further, just in case, but now thinking that will be a waste of time and money for something that probably won’t show for whoever knows how long…
Felt like pulling the order for the past month or so but after waiting so long feel like I’d be biting my nose to spite my face.
Here’s my details.
Order confirmed 12.08.21
Family Pro Performance With East Derry Alloys.
Glacier White
order number 3142••••
Hi Garyb 123

Mine was a similar spec and only a little ahead of your dates. It suddenly turned up out of the blue this month, delivered to me last Monday. So maybe you will have similar sudden good news! Hoping so.

Chris
UKCanuck

Post by UKCanuck »

I've just been chatting with a mate who's in the motor trade, about the delays. He says, "They'll also need to run a fresh credit check because the old acceptance will have expired." Anyone had this happen?
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone
Ordered 8th August 21

Bonnet app referral code RVGDE for free £15

Share £100 with me... join Octopus energy https://share.octopus.energy/happy-dog-969
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

UKCanuck wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:35 pm I've just been chatting with a mate who's in the motor trade, about the delays. He says, "They'll also need to run a fresh credit check because the old acceptance will have expired." Anyone had this happen?
Hmm, I’ve waited 9 months for a VW before and the acceptance didn’t expire.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Probably not helpful but I saw this article at the weekend https://www.topgear.com/car-news/list/h ... -sell-2021

I hadn't really thought about what the enormity of the issue actually was.. for VW -

"The company pointed to the ongoing semiconductor shortage as an issue, though noted an order backlog of 543k cars in Europe alone – of which 95k were ID models – that shows “demand for Volkswagen vehicles continues to be very high”.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

UKCanuck wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:35 pm I've just been chatting with a mate who's in the motor trade, about the delays. He says, "They'll also need to run a fresh credit check because the old acceptance will have expired." Anyone had this happen?
Think I read on an ID3 Facebook group of this happening to someone and they failed the second check. Don't know if they got it sorted.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)