Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Adam1980 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 pm Hi- been lurking for ages and wanted to add.

I ordered a lease ID3, Family Pro in August 2021.

The lease company have not been great in comms. Originally it was December, then Jan, then March. Now the dealer is apparently telling them delivery in late May.

Apparently build will be late March- which sounds a bit suspect to me.

Honestly I’d cancel- but lease pricing have gone up so not as if we’d get anything sooner/ cheaper
same issue for me ordered in early aug and current estimate is end sept but no confirmed build date.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire

Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

Long time lurker and have been watching this thread with interest. Finally thought it was time to add the details of my order so that it can be added to the spreadsheet.

Max Pro ordered on 1st November, Stonewashed Blue, steel wheels. Wanted to option some alloys but as its a lease vehicle and I was told by the leasing company (Octane Vehicle Leasing) that its a dealer stock car I wasn't able to for the price I would be paying monthly.

Was originally told it would be in stock in December (!), but knew that was unrealistic. Latest update received this week is in stock on the 8th March.

Order number is 31400XXX. The leasing company have told me its code 20, but I don't have a build week. If the March date changes again I'll see if I can get that.

I have been told in the past that the vehicle is awaiting build completion so I may be lucky.
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Albertlondon wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:06 am Long time lurker and have been watching this thread with interest. Finally thought it was time to add the details of my order so that it can be added to the spreadsheet.

Max Pro ordered on 1st November, Stonewashed Blue, steel wheels. Wanted to option some alloys but as its a lease vehicle and I was told by the leasing company (Octane Vehicle Leasing) that its a dealer stock car I wasn't able to for the price I would be paying monthly.

Was originally told it would be in stock in December (!), but knew that was unrealistic. Latest update received this week is in stock on the 8th March.

Order number is 31400XXX. The leasing company have told me its code 20, but I don't have a build week. If the March date changes again I'll see if I can get that.

I have been told in the past that the vehicle is awaiting build completion so I may be lucky.

Hi @Albertlondon. I've added you to the tracker, and you look like you are probably stuck in the same "week 4x" blackhole as many other Max and Tour customers to me. Interestingly @tom_grtrx has a very similar vehicle, order number and order date to you.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Spoke to Polestar this morning, they reckon they can deliver me a factory order car by May. Something to think about.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:25 am Spoke to Polestar this morning, they reckon they can deliver me a factory order car by May. Something to think about.
Hello there,
I know exactly where you're coming from.
We're all different, some people will have not bothered ordering in the first place, some will have ordered then got frustrated and cancelled and some will just sit tight and wait.
Me, I don't think I've got the patience to wait as long as some people are currently having to; I often think that having to wait and visiting this website is borderline self-flagellation 😂
Fair play to any decision made - I don't know them, their circumstances, their needs or wants and I'm eternally grateful I'm not in the position where I have to make a decision.
ps: the Polestar looks like a cracking piece of kit 👍😉
Last edited by StuartT on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:25 am Spoke to Polestar this morning, they reckon they can deliver me a factory order car by May. Something to think about.

You may get a pre-built car even quicker, there are often ones available sooner though obviously with a set configuration and colour.

A P* is on our list to look at as well as part of our "what do we do if VW say 'December'" mobility planning. My real and genuine problem with a Polestar is the range and efficiency of the damn thing in winter, which is why we went Tour in the first place.

SWMBO's issue is that the Polestar sits lower to the ground in real terms than an ID.3 (by some margin ; 63.9cm seat edge to ground for the P* vs 70.1cm for the ID.3) which means for her it's more difficult to get in and out of the P* than the ID.3. Appreciate this nuance probably isn't important to many others, but when you're dealing with a disabled person your vehicle choices are often defined by these kinds of things !
Last edited by Utumno on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

The Polestar LR is in between the 58kw and Tour in terms of winter range etc.. For me the biggest issue on paper with the P is the boot - which is barely 20l larger than the ID3 - for a notably longer car...
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I'm lured by the looks and the lead time. It's the only electric car that I find truly desirable, bar the Taycan and a few others that are similarly unobtainable.

The biggest issue is the cost. Call me tight, but I just don't think it's good value for money. The base car isn't particularly well equipped, and to get niceties like a glass roof, adaptive cruise etc. you have to add the packs, increasing the price of the base car to £46900, and that's before you think about colour or wheel choice. "My spec" comes in at £49700, over £14k more than my Max is costing, but I can't see how it can be worth that much more. It offers similar performance, similar range, the interior isn't much bigger and the load capacity isn't much bigger. Arguably the Max still has a better specification. But it looks nicer, the interior materials are nicer, it's a nice chunky thing, so I keep asking myself if I'd be happy with a car sans options...
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Polnoon2510

Post by Polnoon2510 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:24 pm
Polnoon2510 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:11 pm Hi all,
Another newbie just joined.
Started viewing forum a couple of weeks ago after ordering lease car in November.
My details for the spreadsheet are:

ID3 Tour Pro S, andoya alloys, stonewashed blue.
Order confirmed with Vanarama - 19/11/21 with quoted estimated delivery - 31/3/22.
Asked Vanarama for update this week and they came back with a new estimated delivery to the dealership (Listers VW) - 30/05/22.
I then asked for order no and was given 314011**.

My order no. appears to be an older number compared to other cars ordered around the same time on the spreadsheet??

Welcome, and thanks for the info! I'd say you managed to snag a July order that's subsequently been cancelled by someone fed up of waiting for their Tour 😂. I've updated the spreadsheet too.
Hi,

Quick update or lack of.
I have been pestering Vanarama for updates and to try and confirm MY.
My Account Manager phoned back today to say build week has yet to be confirmed and with regard to the MY he stated in a confirmation email:
"As discussed your order is showing as MY2022 but if the build slips back then it will be changed to MY2022.5. At the moment the factory have not supplied VW dealers with cut off date for production MY change over."
My current VW lease expires next week and I have decided to not informally extend it on a monthly basis but to formally extend it for 6 months (at a lower monthly cost) as I don't believe the end of May delivery will happen. I will probably be extending it again in August.
Last edited by Polnoon2510 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I think the Polestar is a superb car and would definitely be my car of choice if I could both afford it and justify it. My current milage is very low, generally around 50 miles per week with the odd longer trip from time-to-time, so as well as being unaffordable for me, it is just 'too much car' for my needs.
But if you are in the position to be able to have one, I would say it's definitely worth having a look at, and I personally wouldn't worry too much about the toys if the car is so stylish and offers good performance and a great driving experience.
At the end of the day, they're cars - not computers!
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Just a quick check-in from me and my Max order, from the BW40 Bermuda triangle. Not a lot to report on really, other than my expected delivery date, which is almost routinely pushing out by a week, every week. See my signature for the latest date.

Aside from the sliding date, the only update I've ever received from VW is "confirmed build week 40" before they severed all communication options for ad-hoc updates last year, and from the supplying dealer, "no chassis (number), so not yet built", though I've got a company car order so I don't have the rapport nor communication lines with a dealer that I otherwise might.

My current expectations are for a MY22 delivery in summer, maybe? Any improvement on that would be a bonus and certainly not expected. That would take me to ~1 year from order to delivery, which I don't think is too far off current estimates. You'll all be the first to know if and when I ever get graced with a positive update!

A colleague had an Audi Q4 on order from September 2021, but recently decided to cancel it due to the huge delays and has just plumped for a Tesla instead. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get that first before I get the ID3!
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:16 pm I'm lured by the looks and the lead time. It's the only electric car that I find truly desirable, bar the Taycan and a few others that are similarly unobtainable.

The biggest issue is the cost. Call me tight, but I just don't think it's good value for money. The base car isn't particularly well equipped, and to get niceties like a glass roof, adaptive cruise etc. you have to add the packs, increasing the price of the base car to £46900, and that's before you think about colour or wheel choice. "My spec" comes in at £49700, over £14k more than my Max is costing, but I can't see how it can be worth that much more. It offers similar performance, similar range, the interior isn't much bigger and the load capacity isn't much bigger. Arguably the Max still has a better specification. But it looks nicer, the interior materials are nicer, it's a nice chunky thing, so I keep asking myself if I'd be happy with a car sans options...

I wouldn't call you tight at all; and I think it supports my opinion that the ID.3 was underpriced given the rest of the market and even remains underpriced in EV terms at the moment ! There is nothing I'm aware of that doesn't come off an MEB production line that closely touches the ID.3 for value and specification, certainly nothing purpose built as electric. There are plenty of niggles with the ID.3 (software not least) but it's a fantastic value proposition in EV terms. This of course translates into popularity and long lead times, component shortages again not withstanding.

FWIW "our" spec would be £50,800 (P* SM LR, metallic, Pilot+Plus) which is firmly Tesla Long Range territory at which point you're into trading off public charging networks against Supercharger (that and looking like a Tesla fanboy 😂) and you may well prefer the fit, finish and luxury of the P* to the efficiency of the Tesla!

Comparing that £50,800 P* to a Max at current list price though, doesn't give me £14k. The ID.3 would be £42.395, so £8,400 premium. Appreciate you ordered your Max more cheaply though so the differential feels greater. I also think the Max is still cheap, comparatively speaking, when compared.

Also. P* on PCP is £598.63 vs a Model Y PCP at £621.53 on the same mileage/deposit/term basis. Teslas continue to deliver astonishing value when the Kool-Aid is removed...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Utumno. Thanks very much for all your efforts with the tracker.
Can anyone explain why some orders later than mine have a production week scheduled and I do not?
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Skippy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:10 pm Utumno. Thanks very much for all your efforts with the tracker.
Can anyone explain why some orders later than mine have a production week scheduled and I do not?
Hi there,

Lister don’t provide provision build week information.

I ordered mine at the same dealer.

My order No. is 314xxxxx and all I have got is factory accepted the order.

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Adam1980

Post by Adam1980 »

I’m 314xxx too

It doesn’t seems it’s first come first served sadly 🤣
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Skippy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:10 pm Utumno. Thanks very much for all your efforts with the tracker.

You will have one if you're at status 10 or 20 (scheduled and confirmed, respectively) but you may have to bully your dealer into giving you the information. They don't like handing this information out these days as it can introduce customer service issues (eg you had a confirmed build week of 30, and it's gone to 52 unconfirmed, you're likely to get a bit lairy, whereas if you didn't have that information in the first place and the dealer tells you 52 to shut you up to begin with, no customer service issue exists)

These dates can bounce around a lot too, which is another reason why dealers sometimes don't like handing them out. And on top of that there is definitely an additional level of complexity regarding dealership, group and country allocations for builds (eg if you order at a small dealership at the same time as someone ordering at a larger dealership you may well find yourself at the back of the queue due to manufacturing quotas, among other things).
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Adam1980 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:28 pm I’m 314xxx too

It doesn’t seems it’s first come first served sadly 🤣

Indeed. There are lots of factors, and many of them we just can't see.

Take for example @Butternut, who has a very low order number, but it's not due to be built until week 29/2022. Under any other circumstances a 3132xxxx order number and for a Family you'd expect to have a much earlier build date 🤷‍♂️
Tesla Model Y Long Range

StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Utumno wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:50 am
SWMBO's issue is that the Polestar sits lower to the ground in real terms than an ID.3 (by some margin ; 63.9cm seat edge to ground for the P* vs 70.1cm for the ID.3) which means for her it's more difficult to get in and out of the P* than the ID.3. Appreciate this nuance probably isn't important to many others, but when you're dealing with a disabled person your vehicle choices are often defined by these kinds of things !
There were times when I struggled to get out of our last car, a Golf, due to the seat height, so I got myself one of these. Because the seats are that bit higher in an ID.3, I no longer need to use one but, it was a game-changer when I needed it. Apologies if you've heard of them and they're not suitable, but I know what it's like when you struggle to try and stand from a low seat...
https://www.bestproductsreviews.co.uk/h ... faEALw_wcB
Sorry for taking the thread seriously off-piste 😂
I'll get my coat...
Last edited by StuartT on Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
TerraFirma

Post by TerraFirma »

Has anyone else from "Wk49 Drive The Deal Club" (what happens at Wk49 Drive The Deal Club stays at Wk49 Drive The Deal Club) heard anything from our dealer in the last few days? Judging by the spreadsheet we should see these trickling through shortly, and I imagine we'll be in the same boat (metaphorically and physically) with delivery timings - might ask for an update tomorrow unless anyone else has any news?
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

I've followed the chat here for a long time. Rented a Life from Onto for a month and loved it. Wanted to get a Tour later this year, but the sudden changes have made me jump now and get in just in time.
So another one for Utumno's list:

Tour ordered on 8th Feb, Stonewashed Blue,
Marshalls Harlow
Order number: 32047xxx.
Expected delivery: Feb 2023 !!

Thanks.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White