Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:24 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm
andrewparker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:32 pm

100%! I'm kicking myself because the Polestar 2 I was going to order was snapped up :(
Appreciated! And "oof" to losing the March Polestar delivery too 😟
Confirmed that I am out. Just secured a March delivery on a Midnight Blue Polestar 2, single motor standard range, Plus pack and the 20" wheels.

Good luck everyone, I hope you're fine with me continuing my participation on the forum.
Best of luck with the Polestar. Probably the best decision with all the delays if it works for you!

Keeping my eye on Polestar too now. Just a little bit outside my budget but seeing if money can move around to make it fit....

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

100%! I'm kicking myself because the Polestar 2 I was going to order was snapped up :(
Confirmed that I am out. Just secured a March delivery on a Midnight Blue Polestar 2, single motor standard range, Plus pack and the 20" wheels.

Good luck everyone, I hope you're fine with me continuing my participation on the forum.
I personally would love to keep getting your updates! I think we're all curious as to how the wider car market is getting on since VW seem to have completely gone off the rails 😅 not sure if its just poor organisation on their part or if they're just one of the first dominos to fall
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:43 pm

I personally would love to keep getting your updates! I think we're all curious as to how the wider car market is getting on since VW seem to have completely gone off the rails 😅 not sure if its just poor organisation on their part or if they're just one of the first dominos to fall
I'm in for that mate! I still think I'd have been hugely happy with an ID.3, but I do get the feeling the Polestar is an upgrade, as it should be really given the price difference.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I shall update the tracker. Cannot blame you at all, and the Polestar is a lovely vehicle. Looking forward to hearing all about the duff Google software to compare and contrast with the VW experience !
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Well done Andrew, I'm really pleased for you! We have a resident in the village with a grey Polestar 2 which I have admired for a while, and as much as I love the id3, I think it's the way I'd go too if I could afford it. As you know, I was/am seriously considering the MINI Electric, and had I made the decision to go for one when I mentioned it to you a few weeks ago, I too would be looking to take delivery next month. If I stick with the id3 I hope it will be worth the wait!
Wishing you the best of luck with the Polestar and I hope you drop-by from time-to-time to let us know how it's going.
minto54

Post by minto54 »

Just been to see dealer, car built week 49 says its ready for shipping to Uk God knows how long it will before it arrives
Dealer gave me the Vin. number to start We connect ID ready when it arrives

Ordered
Family Pro 24/08/21
Manganese Grey
Derry wheels
Ultimo please update your spreadsheet if this is any help
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Further update from dealer: expecting to receive car by end of next week. Aiming to collect 1st week in March.........inching closer.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Got a call from the dealer today. Cars been sitting at the port in the UK for 6 days. He'll need to give VW sales a call on Monday to see if a transporter has been booked. On another note he said they're not likely to budge on the part exchange value for my car. Checking on motorway its gone up in value by £2K and I've paid off £1.5K+ on the finance. So I'll likely sell my car through motorway instead of part exchange
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

minto54 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:29 pm
Dealer gave me the Vin. number to start We connect ID ready when it arrives
For what it's worth, the method of linking the app to the car by just entering the VIN in the app did not work for me at all. I tried many times and they all failed with an error. Once I actually sat in the car with my phone, selected the right thing in the infotainment (the dealer helped) and then scanned the QR code shown by the car, it all worked immediately.
So I wouldn't bother trying to do it in advance.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Smitten wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 am
rikimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am
GDC wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:02 pm

Just read your signature - you were informed it left factory then subsequently that actually it wasn't built and still awaiting parts!? That's horrendous service. Its one thing to continually blame lack of parts/supply - but to actually be lied to... WOW!
Yes, exactly! When I called out the broker on it, they blamed it on VW as they originally told them it had left and then updated them that it hadn't.

Making it harder to trust anything they say now!
There is a lot of mis information going around in the absence of any real information! Not that you can read too much into it but your order number looks like a cancellation of some sort as looking at the spreadsheet I ordered 21st August and have 314400** and you ordered about three weeks later but have an earlier number 31401*** which looks more like a July order. So maybe you will get lucky and escape the factory sooner!
Maybe they use the same counting system as the Serbian health authorities?
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

the.kes wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:10 pm
Smitten wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 am
rikimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:58 am

Yes, exactly! When I called out the broker on it, they blamed it on VW as they originally told them it had left and then updated them that it hadn't.

Making it harder to trust anything they say now!
There is a lot of mis information going around in the absence of any real information! Not that you can read too much into it but your order number looks like a cancellation of some sort as looking at the spreadsheet I ordered 21st August and have 314400** and you ordered about three weeks later but have an earlier number 31401*** which looks more like a July order. So maybe you will get lucky and escape the factory sooner!
Maybe they use the same counting system as the Serbian health authorities?
:lol:
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

Shock, a call from the dealer at ten past 5 :shock:

Build week still 11, again not confirmed and she won’t tell me the status code as she claims to not know what it is :roll: I think it’ll be confirmed and built that week, being optimistic!

She had a right old rant about nothing being available, how the range was now cut to just the tweaked Life spec, said 80% of orders were for the Life.
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22
fromthechair

Post by fromthechair »

Just received call from dealer to update changes to build week, this has is now moved to week 44 2022 ( due to current issues).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Family pro Performance
ordered 18/12/21
order No: 31592***
original build date week 25 2022
new build week: 44 2022
delivery estimate Who Knows
Last edited by fromthechair on Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Pro Performance,
Ordered: 19/12/21
order No 31592***
production week: update from dealer 12/12/22 new build date week 8, 20th February 2023 expected delivery first week April 2023 dates are subject to change
Okane

Post by Okane »

Busman wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:33 pm Just contacted Dealership in Ireland.It confirmed that all ID.3 models are still available for order,and was told that the build week for my Comfort with Heat pump has been moved to week 18 from week 39.
Comfort 58KWH
Ordered November 2021
Current build week 18.
We ordered our pro performance business at the end of October. My last update in Dec was June delivery. Must get a follow up to see if any improvement or rather a confirmed build date
Business Pro Performance
Order date 28/10/2021
VW Castleisland, Ireland
130*** Comm No
Built week 18
Collected week 27
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:38 pm Got a call from the dealer today. Cars been sitting at the port in the UK for 6 days. He'll need to give VW sales a call on Monday to see if a transporter has been booked. On another note he said they're not likely to budge on the part exchange value for my car. Checking on motorway its gone up in value by £2K and I've paid off £1.5K+ on the finance. So I'll likely sell my car through motorway instead of part exchange
Great news you’ll be getting your car soon. I popped into my dealership yesterday for an update. We had a similar conversation about p/x values since it was originally valued last August. They were happy to reappraise once I get a delivery date and/or let me sell separately and pay a cast deposit instead.
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

fromthechair wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:19 pm Got a call from dealer today to say build week 25 and they expect car late July early August 2022, Hopefully
Dealer has phoned every couple of weeks and has assured she will keep me updated of any changes
That's crazy soon for a December order, well done.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

tomstring wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:35 pm
ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:38 pm Got a call from the dealer today. Cars been sitting at the port in the UK for 6 days. He'll need to give VW sales a call on Monday to see if a transporter has been booked. On another note he said they're not likely to budge on the part exchange value for my car. Checking on motorway its gone up in value by £2K and I've paid off £1.5K+ on the finance. So I'll likely sell my car through motorway instead of part exchange
Great news you’ll be getting your car soon. I popped into my dealership yesterday for an update. We had a similar conversation about p/x values since it was originally valued last August. They were happy to reappraise once I get a delivery date and/or let me sell separately and pay a cast deposit instead.
Yeah he said the tool they use to get part exchange value is quite a bit lower so I'd make more money going through motorway or webuyanycar most likely so I think I'll do that. I would have preferred part exchange for the convenience but can't just let go of something like £3K like that!
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

fromthechair wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:19 pm Got a call from dealer today to say build week 25 and they expect car late July early August 2022, Hopefully
Dealer has phoned every couple of weeks and has assured she will keep me updated of any changes

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Family pro Performance
ordered 18/12/21
order No: 31592***
build week: 25 2022
That seems very very optimistic given your order number. I ordered in the middle of October and have provisional build week of 38 and build time can be as long as 12 weeks at the moment. Are you sure that's not a provision build week, rather than a confirmed build week? It's also unlikely that you would get a confirmed build week so far in advance.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:46 pm
tomstring wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:35 pm
Yeah he said the tool they use to get part exchange value is quite a bit lower so I'd make more money going through motorway or webuyanycar most likely so I think I'll do that. I would have preferred part exchange for the convenience but can't just let go of something like £3K like that!
Hi, have been tracking your updates as your timeline is very close to mine....I asked dealer about PE and although they upped their offer I have sold mine via Wizzle (a Carwow brand) who offered me 1200 above the increased PE. Dead easy, just a few pics, and they collect.

Hope you get car soon!
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Up the jumper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:14 am
ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:46 pm
Hi, have been tracking your updates as your timeline is very close to mine....I asked dealer about PE and although they upped their offer I have sold mine via Wizzle (a Carwow brand) who offered me 1200 above the increased PE. Dead easy, just a few pics, and they collect.

Hope you get car soon!
Ahh thanks I'll take a look at Wizzle. I've been using your updates as an indication of where my car is when I don't hear from my dealer :lol: hoping that we've both got a transporter booked if your dealer is anticipating yours next week!