Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

fromthechair wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:19 pm Got a call from dealer today to say build week 25 and they expect car late July early August 2022, Hopefully
Dealer has phoned every couple of weeks and has assured she will keep me updated of any changes

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Family pro Performance
ordered 18/12/21
order No: 31592***
build week: 25 2022
That must be an estimated build week? I'm 8 weeks before you and have had nothing!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

I have nothing on mine, I know the order is in but i dont even have an order number from the dealer.

ID3 Tour with heat pump and sports plus pack. Ordered 24th Jan 2022
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:38 pm Got a call from the dealer today. Cars been sitting at the port in the UK for 6 days. He'll need to give VW sales a call on Monday to see if a transporter has been booked. On another note he said they're not likely to budge on the part exchange value for my car. Checking on motorway its gone up in value by £2K and I've paid off £1.5K+ on the finance. So I'll likely sell my car through motorway instead of part exchange
We sold my wife's Fiat 500 convertible a few months back (the PCP was end of term) and we used Carwow - or is it Wizzle?, can't remember (https://www.carwow.co.uk/sell-my-car) and it worked like a dream - sold it after 10 days or so for well over £3k more than she owed on the finance. The dealership we sold it to arranged inspection/collection and paid off the remaining finance for her. All we had to do was sit back and wait for the money to clear into her account - easy!
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

AyupItsLeigh wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:24 am
ksoni94 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:38 pm Got a call from the dealer today. Cars been sitting at the port in the UK for 6 days. He'll need to give VW sales a call on Monday to see if a transporter has been booked. On another note he said they're not likely to budge on the part exchange value for my car. Checking on motorway its gone up in value by £2K and I've paid off £1.5K+ on the finance. So I'll likely sell my car through motorway instead of part exchange
We sold my wife's Fiat 500 convertible a few months back (the PCP was end of term) and we used Carwow - or is it Wizzle?, can't remember (https://www.carwow.co.uk/sell-my-car) and it worked like a dream - sold it after 10 days or so for well over £3k more than she owed on the finance. The dealership we sold it to arranged inspection/collection and paid off the remaining finance for her. All we had to do was sit back and wait for the money to clear into her account - easy!
Ahh amazing, the last experience I had with selling a car was with my old Polo a few years back. I sold it to webuyanycar which tbh wasn't the best experience. We didn't get a tonne for it but we sold it to them as we didn't want to deal with selling privately through auto trader or something. Of course, back then the demand for used cars wasn't as high as it is right now but I think I'll sell my current car using Wizzle or Motorway so I can do everything from my home! And people seem to have had good experiences with them too
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
AyupItsLeigh

Post by AyupItsLeigh »

ksoni94 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:43 am
Ahh amazing, the last experience I had with selling a car was with my old Polo a few years back. I sold it to webuyanycar which tbh wasn't the best experience. We didn't get a tonne for it but we sold it to them as we didn't want to deal with selling privately through auto trader or something. Of course, back then the demand for used cars wasn't as high as it is right now but I think I'll sell my current car using Wizzle or Motorway so I can do everything from my home! And people seem to have had good experiences with them too
:D :D
Family Pro Performance - Turquoise - East Derry Alloys
Inchcape Stockport - 31361xxx - Build Week 40
Ordered: 16/07/2021 - Left factory: 31/01/2022 - Shipped: 21/02/2022 - UK: 21/03/2022 - Dealer: 29/03/2022 - Collected: 31/03/2022
Bonnet Referral: REEDX
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

AyupItsLeigh wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:45 am
ksoni94 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:43 am

:D :D
Arnoldclark.co.U.K. is quite good as well
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
corals

Post by corals »

Well had my update from vw was build week 38 now been moved to build week 44 think i might start looking for something else this is getting beyound ridiculous orderd this car 1st of aug 2021 and am going to be lucky to see it early 2023 vw need to get there priorities in order and stop launching new ids until they can cope with the orders they have and fuming
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

corals wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:37 pm Well had my update from vw was build week 38 now been moved to build week 44 think i might start looking for something else this is getting beyound ridiculous orderd this car 1st of aug 2021 and am going to be lucky to see it early 2023 vw need to get there priorities in order and stop launching new ids until they can cope with the orders they have and fuming
It's a crap situation at the moment. Everyone seems to be struggling to get electric car orders through, not as bad as VW, but still 6 months and beyond. Except for Polestar and Tesla but the figures don't stack up for me, too expensive :(
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
tdbegley28

Post by tdbegley28 »

corals wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:37 pm Well had my update from vw was build week 38 now been moved to build week 44 think i might start looking for something else this is getting beyound ridiculous orderd this car 1st of aug 2021 and am going to be lucky to see it early 2023 vw need to get there priorities in order and stop launching new ids until they can cope with the orders they have and fuming
I assume you ordered a Max or Tour?

Seems these are the ones with not only stupid lead times, but also no certainty to if they can actually built them. I am waiting for a Tour and have a feeling I will wait till Winter and they will cancel all orders citing some issue getting a part to complete the orders and then discontinue them, leaving me over a year after ordering back in square one.
UKCanuck

Post by UKCanuck »

My latest update from the lease company:

"We have chased VW a couple of times we are just waiting on confirming if it has landed.

They have had an avalanche of vehicles arrive in and have another load due in imminently so we are just waiting on confirmation from VW."

I'll turn blue if I hold my breath any longer!
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone
Ordered 8th August 21

Bonnet app referral code RVGDE for free £15

Share £100 with me... join Octopus energy https://share.octopus.energy/happy-dog-969
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Yet another update from dealer, with reg details. Begining to belive it might be happening!
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Up the jumper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:28 pm Yet another update from dealer, with reg details. Begining to belive it might be happening!
Amazing! Do you know if your car has left the port to go to the dealers yet?
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

ksoni94 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:31 pm
Up the jumper wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:28 pm Yet another update from dealer, with reg details. Begining to belive it might be happening!
Amazing! Do you know if your car has left the port to go to the dealers yet?
Afraid not, I just confirmed it would be there on day I want to pick up.
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:55 pm
It's a crap situation at the moment. Everyone seems to be struggling to get electric car orders through, not as bad as VW, but still 6 months and beyond. Except for Polestar and Tesla but the figures don't stack up for me, too expensive :(

I wonder whether being Chinese made gives them the upper hand where chips are concerned...
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:55 pm
The span of prices for the ID3 is huge, with some people having paid under £24k for a 150ps/45kWh Pure/Life, all the way up to almost £40k for a Tour/Max with a few extras. For those shelling out £40k for an ID3, it looks pretty expensive and not much of a stretch to the likes of a P2 or bottom spec M3, for lower to middle specs, the gap is huge. I include myself in this when I say the £28250 I paid for out Family Pro Performance is pretty much at the upper limit of what i'm prepared to pay for a car (especially with 2 ID3s in the household to pay for). If I were faced with paying £34-36k for one now, I would be driving something else, and it'd almost certainly be an ICE car.

A big part of mitigating depreciation is getting a decent discount on a VW, when there's no discount, that depreciation is a lot less bearable.

Last edited by monkeyhanger on Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Tracker updated. 65 projected weeks from point of order to build starting, currently the longest period from order>build we've ever seen. I do not blame you in the slightest for thinking it's time for VW to get in the sea.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Jesus, this really is beginning to get very silly now. What on earth are VW playing at?!

In other news, got my registration number for the Polestar!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

I’m in the same boat. Just had an update today saying that the build week had slipped to week 40, we ordered our car on the 27th august 2021 (family model, stonewashed blue, east Derry alloys). I’m really getting frustrated and considering cancelling. Especially how a 2 colleagues have recently ordered alternate electric cars and expect to get them within the next few months. The only issue is how manufacturers like vw have pushed prices up due to the incredible demand. And I won’t get the grant anymore/ reduced grant at best if switching for another car
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Butternut wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:18 pm I’m in the same boat. Just had an update today saying that the build week had slipped to week 40, we ordered our car on the 27th august 2021 (family model, stonewashed blue, east Derry alloys). I’m really getting frustrated and considering cancelling. Especially how a 2 colleagues have recently ordered alternate electric cars and expect to get them within the next few months. The only issue is how manufacturers like vw have pushed prices up due to the incredible demand. And I won’t get the grant anymore/ reduced grant at best if switching for another car
Hi Butternut,

Which dealership did you order your car?

Thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

New details for Utumno's spreadsheet below. Received news today from dealer that estimated delivery of my car has slipped from end of April this year to 06/01/2023!
Ordered 16th Nov 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Manganese Grey
East Derry
Order No. 3154****
Original delivery date 25/04/22
Updated delivery date 06/01/2023