Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

SunithM wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:33 am @Utumno

Quick update for your spreadsheet, I've decided to jump ship and have purchased a Polestar instead and cancelled my Max order.

Thanks, I've updated the tracker.

Obviously sorry to see you not end up with your "first choice" vehicle, but I totally get why. We would have gone P* by now too, if it were higher off the ground, as I think we could live with the range reduction of the "single motor/long range" variant for our travel patterns. But it's too low to the ground for SWMBO's disability according to RIDC πŸ˜•

Were VW's Executive office that you were talking to previously not able to give you any sense of when your vehicle might leave "quality control" ? Full disclosure; we've had zero progress on our Tour, as usual.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am Another update for the spreadsheet and BW49 people.

My car is in the UK and my dealer expects it to be with them in a couple of days 😁

Excellent! Just in time for the PDI to complete and pick up in early March with a nice shiny 22 plate on...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

ksoni94 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:42 pm
ytshome wrote: ↑Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:01 pm Hi all, this one is probably directed at Utumno but I’d be grateful for any advice. We ordered the wife’s car last year and it was originally scheduled for week 48 build but that came and went. Then it was week 8, then 10 and now week 11. The car on order is a pro performance family.

However, last Friday all of the local dealerships cars scheduled for week 10 and in stage 10 changed to stage 20 (being confirmed for build) so there is at least the prospect that her week 11 may get confirmed this Friday. Even if it is scheduled for then, given what you’ve seen when could I reasonably expect her to have the car? The reason for asking is because if it is likely to be a couple of months then we would wait but if it’s more likely to be six months then we have the opportunity to buy a polo to put her on until the id3 comes along. The polo is on a boat off the coast of France as we speak so that’d likel be available in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.
I think unless the chip situation changes, best case scenario you're probably looking at a 8 week build minimum and 4 weeks to get to the dealer, which puts you at around 12 weeks from build to dealer. We're in week 7 so add another 4 weeks from today to your build week and that puts you at a 16 week wait, or around 4 months. However, build is taking a very very long time at the moment. 10-12 weeks in build might be a more realistic bet which could add another month or so to your wait time, but I probably wouldn't expect to see your car until around July some time?

The good news is that you've got a trim that seems to be getting built quite quicker so you may end up on the more optimistic side of the timeframe but you never know with VW!

100% agree with everything @ksoni said. I personally would definitely add @ksoni's 4 weeks "VW buggeration Tax" too, but waiting for our Tour has turned me into a cynic. You may or may not be less cynical than I πŸ˜‚

So if your build week confirms at week 11 I'd say you're looking at a "reasonable latest" collection time of between mid-June and end-July. This is unfortunately slap bang in the middle of your 6 month window, but based on past performance I think that's a reasonable perspective, particularly as you have a Family on order, many of which have actually shipped since June 21.

I just hope that there isn't another week 40 black hole that you fall into!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ytshome

Post by ytshome »

ytshome wrote: ↑Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:01 pm Hi all, this one is probably directed at Utumno but I’d be grateful for any advice. We ordered the wife’s car last year and it was originally scheduled for week 48 build but that came and went. Then it was week 8, then 10 and now week 11. The car on order is a pro performance family.

However, last Friday all of the local dealerships cars scheduled for week 10 and in stage 10 changed to stage 20 (being confirmed for build) so there is at least the prospect that her week 11 may get confirmed this Friday. Even if it is scheduled for then, given what you’ve seen when could I reasonably expect her to have the car? The reason for asking is because if it is likely to be a couple of months then we would wait but if it’s more likely to be six months then we have the opportunity to buy a polo to put her on until the id3 comes along. The polo is on a boat off the coast of France as we speak so that’d likel be available in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.
I think unless the chip situation changes, best case scenario you're probably looking at a 8 week build minimum and 4 weeks to get to the dealer, which puts you at around 12 weeks from build to dealer. We're in week 7 so add another 4 weeks from today to your build week and that puts you at a 16 week wait, or around 4 months. However, build is taking a very very long time at the moment. 10-12 weeks in build might be a more realistic bet which could add another month or so to your wait time, but I probably wouldn't expect to see your car until around July some time?

The good news is that you've got a trim that seems to be getting built quite quicker so you may end up on the more optimistic side of the timeframe but you never know with VW!
Many thanks it's appreciated.
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:38 am

Quick update for your spreadsheet, I've decided to jump ship and have purchased a Polestar instead and cancelled my Max order.

Obviously sorry to see you not end up with your "first choice" vehicle, but I totally get why. We would have gone P* by now too, if it were higher off the ground, as I think we could live with the range reduction of the "single motor/long range" variant for our travel patterns. But it's too low to the ground for SWMBO's disability according to RIDC πŸ˜•

Were VW's Executive office that you were talking to previously not able to give you any sense of when your vehicle might leave "quality control" ? Full disclosure; we've had zero progress on our Tour, as usual.
That's a shame about the car being too low.

VW exec office didn't have a clue either to be honest. They didn't know if quality control meant it still needed parts or not. It did sound like they had a bunch of cars stored somewhere waiting for parts still from the way she was talking about it though.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Is that the case even with the seats in the highest position, or does it not work like that?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:52 am

100% agree with everything @ksoni said. I personally would definitely add @ksoni's 4 weeks "VW buggeration Tax" too, but waiting for our Tour has turned me into a cynic. You may or may not be less cynical than I πŸ˜‚

So if your build week confirms at week 11 I'd say you're looking at a "reasonable latest" collection time of between mid-June and end-July. This is unfortunately slap bang in the middle of your 6 month window, but based on past performance I think that's a reasonable perspective, particularly as you have a Family on order, many of which have actually shipped since June 21.

I just hope that there isn't another week 40 black hole that you fall into!
Me too but thank you. It looks like a stop gap measure will be called for then. Many thanks Steve
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:40 am
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am Another update for the spreadsheet and BW49 people.

My car is in the UK and my dealer expects it to be with them in a couple of days 😁

Excellent! Just in time for the PDI to complete and pick up in early March with a nice shiny 22 plate on...
Yep… I’m excited!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
ItshardtobuyId3

VPatz232 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:00 am

That’s an impressive turnaround! Enjoy - looking forward to the obligatory collection day photos.
Thanks! It’s seems I’ve been very lucky with the whole process. Hopefully the Tour and Max guys will get some luck soon.

There will be photos πŸ˜πŸ‘
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am Thanks! It’s seems I’ve been very lucky with the whole process. Hopefully the Tour and Max guys will get some luck soon.

That's great news @itshardtobuyid3 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Could you say which dealer you used (and the first part of your order number) so we can see how it compares with those still waiting esp wk49'ers , and earlier too.

(Apologies if you already mentioned them I couldn't see it in the s/s)
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get Β£50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

SunithM wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:55 am

That's a shame about the car being too low.

VW exec office didn't have a clue either to be honest. They didn't know if quality control meant it still needed parts or not. It did sound like they had a bunch of cars stored somewhere waiting for parts still from the way she was talking about it though.

FWIW our final backstop solution is a Model Y, most likely. We absolutely have to resolve our family mobility by September 22, and if the ID.3 hasn't arrived by then (which would be, incidentally, a 14 month lead time since ordering in July-21) we'll have no option but to tell VW to get in the sea and go Tesla, simply because of availability and the "seat-squab-to-ground" measurement so critical to SWMBO. There are very few vehicles that meet our needs, unfortunately.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ItshardtobuyId3

MikeS wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:04 pm
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:08 am Thanks! It’s seems I’ve been very lucky with the whole process. Hopefully the Tour and Max guys will get some luck soon.

That's great news @itshardtobuyid3 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Could you say which dealer you used (and the first part of your order number) so we can see how it compares with those still waiting esp wk49'ers , and earlier too.

(Apologies if you already mentioned them I couldn't see it in the s/s)
Thanks! I was never given the order number but will try to find out when I collect it in a couple of weeks.

The dealer is Heritage.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

I may be tempting fate but I didn't receive what has become a weekly delivery push back email yesterday, so as it stands still on for 8th March with the dealer.
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

andrewparker wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:56 am
Is that the case even with the seats in the highest position, or does it not work like that?

You're exactly right with how it works πŸ˜€. Let me link you up a bit :-

Check out the ID.3 at https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2020, and let me highlight these numbers :
Min seat edge to ground - driver
630mm
Max seat edge to ground - driver
701mm
Compare now to the Polestar 2 at https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2021
573mm
639mm
In real terms, the Polestar 2 with it's driver's seat in the "highest" position is barely higher than the ID.3 with it's driver's seat in the "lowest" position. These "squab-to-ground" measurements, irrespective of the size/height of the vehicle is what matters to SWMBO because the higher the seating position, the less she has to push "up" and sit "down" into the vehicle, and it's the pushing that's a problem. Of course she has to stand regardless, but there's less pushing "up and out" with a higher seat squab to the ground.

The Model 3 is even worse https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2019
538mm
587mm
Ideally these numbers would be more like this, our current daily driver :
724mm
778mm
But that is an SUV, which we are trying to downsize to go electric. Again we find there is virtually nothing like the ID.3 at either the size or price point!

PS : yes, I really am this data driven and nerdy about it, sorry folks πŸ˜‚
Last edited by Utumno on Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

SunithM wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:19 am
Have to admit, I started looking at one when i saw you had decided to switch over, and when my dealer kept saying he didn't have a clue what was going on with my order.

I've been looking at the preconfigured ones for one with the pilot and plus pack, in a single motor but nothing as of yet. Ordered a factory build for now, but after speaking to Polestar support, they've said I can switch to a preconfigured for quicker delivery right up until the one I've ordered is in the UK.
I too am waiting on a factory build P* whilst keeping an eye out for pre configured LRSM with pilot and plus. It’s currently due in June. Not sure though how easy it would be to change to pre configured if one appears as I’m doing it through PCP.

I have an Id.3 Tour which I collected on 24/09/22 but just haven’t gelled with it. It’s already worth more than the PCP settlement so it’s going as soon as I’m closer to a definite P* delivery date.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Daesimpso wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:28 pm I have an Id.3 Tour which I collected on 24/09/22

Can I borrow your time machine ? It's clearly the only way to actually take delivery of a Tour, and I hadn't thought of this particular solution πŸ˜‚
Tesla Model Y Long Range

daesimpso

Post by daesimpso »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:34 pm
Daesimpso wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:28 pm I have an Id.3 Tour which I collected on 24/09/22

Can I borrow your time machine ? It's clearly the only way to actually take delivery of a Tour, and I hadn't thought of this particular solution πŸ˜‚
I got lucky. Was on holiday and rang my normal VW dealer who said they had a vehicle due in the following week but customer had just cancelled. I organised everything from a sunbed in Lanzarote and collected the following week when I got back.

However, my wife ordered an Enyaq last week and is waiting until Xmas if the Skoda ETA is accurate
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Check out the ID.3 at https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2020, and let me highlight these numbers :
630mm
701mm
Compare now to the Polestar 2 at https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2021
573mm
639mm
In real terms, the Polestar 2 with it's driver's seat in the "highest" position is barely higher than the ID.3 with it's driver's seat in the "lowest" position. These "squab-to-ground" measurements, irrespective of the size/height of the vehicle is what matters to SWMBO because the higher the seating position, the less she has to push "up" and sit "down" into the vehicle, and it's the pushing that's a problem. Of course she has to stand regardless, but there's less pushing "up and out" with a higher seat squab to the ground.

The Model 3 is even worse https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-review ... hatch-2019
538mm
587mm
724mm
778mm
But that is an SUV, which we are trying to downsize to go electric. Again we find there is virtually nothing like the ID.3 at either the size or price point!

This is fascinating stuff. I'm currently trying to help my in-laws choose an EV, and he has Parkinson's and associated mobility problems, so something high off the ground is essential. Seems the ID.3 might be a good choice, although I'm loathed to recommend they get involved in the long wait.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Utumno wrote: ↑Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:19 pm

630mm
701mm
573mm
639mm

538mm
587mm
724mm
778mm

I have a simular issue with my order, i had a cla 250e on order and cancelled as too low for my wife who had Life saving/changing surgary on her hip last year so needed somthing higher, my company have supplied me a mini countryman phev as an interim car which is awfull seating for my wife so really not great to see the id3 being pushed further back (november now) the cla was lovely but far too low for her to get in and out and mini is john cooper works with rock hard bucket seats. I stuck as cancelling means ill be styck with somthing like a prius or waiting even longer.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Well I came hear hoping for good news:(

Max Pro Performance, Glacier White
Ordered 30/11/21 (31400***)
Build week 20
delivery estimate: Mid/end June

The above info is the lastest from the lease company, after reading all above it seems rather optimistic.