Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

It's not just ID cars on that production line.

eirofarr

Post by eirofarr »

Dealer called me this week and said that we have an unconfirmed manufacturing date of week 12.

Post by 4810510 »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:26 pm

👋 added (with 2021 order date as I assumed 2020 was a typo!)
Yes sorry me bad, it was 2021.
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Still reckon those of us with non life orders will get shafted at the last minute
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Malcster wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:49 pm Still reckon those of us with non life orders will get shafted at the last minute

I think anyone who hasn’t ordered a “22-Life” is going to find themselves watching people who have ordered the “22-Life” take delivery of them long, long before the backlog of existing vehicle orders gets cleared.

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised to find that the reason for Family etc trims being moved back by tens of weeks in many cases is so VW can crank out the “22-Life” using components they “know” they can source.

I don’t imagine for one moment that the obvious extra profit being ladled into the “22-Life” is much of a problem to VW, and franchise dealerships need new cars to sell into the channel.

The other knock on if this is indeed the case is that the backlog of unbuilt non-“22-Life” vehicles will just shrink as people either cancel their orders or decide to take a “22-Life” instead, as they are at least available. The unbuilt backlog is then probably, at best, a death watch of vehicles that VW fundamentally don’t actually want to build, even if they could.

And yes, I include our own Tour in this rather depressing theory. VW are going to get until about June from us to deliver our Tour, otherwise we’ll somewhat regretfully be taking delivery of a Model Y LR.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Daesimpso wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Hemming91 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:52 pm
Anyone have an idea on delivery times on a factory P* order? Got in my head around 6 months? No pre config cars showing that fit the budget right now, but I think it'll be quicker than my ID3 arriving that's for sure.
I ordered 14/02 and eta is end of May/early June
Snap! Ordered the same day and looks like the same spec as you, LRSM with the pilot and plus pack. ETA was May when ordered although estimated delivery on my order states July. Their customer service are still stating it will likely be late May early June though
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm
Malcster wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:49 pm Still reckon those of us with non life orders will get shafted at the last minute

I think anyone who hasn’t ordered a “22-Life” is going to find themselves watching people who have ordered the “22-Life” take delivery of them long, long before the backlog of existing vehicle orders gets cleared.

I would not be in the slightest bit surprised to find that the reason for Family etc trims being moved back by tens of weeks in many cases is so VW can crank out the “22-Life” using components they “know” they can source.

I don’t imagine for one moment that the obvious extra profit being ladled into the “22-Life” is much of a problem to VW, and franchise dealerships need new cars to sell into the channel.

The other knock on if this is indeed the case is that the backlog of unbuilt non-“22-Life” vehicles will just shrink as people either cancel their orders or decide to take a “22-Life” instead, as they are at least available. The unbuilt backlog is then probably, at best, a death watch of vehicles that VW fundamentally don’t actually want to build, even if they could.

And yes, I include our own Tour in this rather depressing theory. VW are going to get until about June from us to deliver our Tour, otherwise we’ll somewhat regretfully be taking delivery of a Model Y LR.
Why change the spec etc to one car that based on the tracker won’t be delivered until 2023?…..I think we will see them very soon and like you say other people will cancel just to get a car and the backlog will be gone before 2023
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm I think anyone who hasn’t ordered a “22-Life” is going to find themselves watching people who have ordered the “22-Life” take delivery of them long, long before the backlog of existing vehicle orders gets cleared.

I hope that you are wrong ... :shock: ... but it will be interesting to see their progress when any of these new orders appear on your spreadsheet.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm The other knock on if this is indeed the case is that the backlog of unbuilt non-“22-Life” vehicles will just shrink as people either cancel their orders or decide to take a “22-Life” instead, as they are at least available. The unbuilt backlog is then probably, at best, a death watch of vehicles that VW fundamentally don’t actually want to build, even if they could.
If I could get a Life at the same lease price as the family that I ordered, then I'd happily switch if it meant actually getting a car. It's £163/month more to order the equivalent Life version available on Tusker now... Zoe is a similar price to my ID3 order, but still showing a 24 week leadtime, if that starts to drop then I'll probably bail on the ID3. I'd prefer the VW, but it feels like it won't ever actually arrive.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

My wife has just been informed that her Family has just been confirmed (status 20) for week 11. Don't know if this will be a MY 22 or 22.5, although the order form on the print out shows MY22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bengeo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:29 am
Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm I think anyone who hasn’t ordered a “22-Life” is going to find themselves watching people who have ordered the “22-Life” take delivery of them long, long before the backlog of existing vehicle orders gets cleared.

I hope that you are wrong ... :shock: ... but it will be interesting to see their progress when any of these new orders appear on your spreadsheet.

I hope I’m wrong too!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi Utumno

Email from dealer this morning says no change on build week (taking this as a positive) . He gave me my order number so it can be added to your spreadsheet.
Kind regards.
No 31429xxx
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Utumno wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:31 pm

I guess that depends on people ordering the life 22. I certainly would not, will be interesting how many people join here with an order for one.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:07 pm I guess that depends on people ordering the life 22. I certainly would not, will be interesting how many people join here with an order for one.

Agreed. I also suspect that VW will be building them anyway and shipping them out even if there aren’t too many customer orders.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Fingers crossed by may June time we will all be a clearer position
Hopefully supply crisis will be easing as well for manufacturers
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
AuthenticCamel

Post by AuthenticCamel »

Another regular lurker here, ordered a Life Pro back in November via DtD. Feel free to add my order to the spreadsheet, details in signature.

I hope Utumno's theory on the "New 22 Life" is wrong, although reading this forum I wouldn't put anything past VW.
I'm secretly hoping they "upgrade" existing life orders to the new life if they can actually get those out the factory, but I'm probably being overly optimistic....
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey & East Derry Alloy
Ordered: 16/11/21 @ Drive The Deal
Order No: 31567XXX

Referrals:
Octopus Energy: https://share.octopus.energy/tidy-peak-22
Ripple Energy: https://rippleenergy.com?ogu=3110
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

AuthenticCamel wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:19 pm Another regular lurker here, ordered a Life Pro back in November via DtD. Feel free to add my order to the spreadsheet, details in signature.

I hope Utumno's theory on the "New 22 Life" is wrong, although reading this forum I wouldn't put anything past VW.
I'm secretly hoping they "upgrade" existing life orders to the new life if they can actually get those out the factory, but I'm probably being overly optimistic....

Added! And I hope my theory is wrong too!!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat »

I may be one of the first to have ordered a "22 Life" model. I went to the dealers on the 10th of Feb expecting to order a 77Kw Tour, but came away having ordered a 22 Life 58Kw model. The interesting thing is that 5 days later the dealer confirmed a "provisional" build week of week 22 (early June)
Now I know that may well slide but it's a lot better than the 50+ weeks I was originally expecting.
Tour Pro S 77KWh in Stonewashed Blue.
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Bosscat wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:37 pm I may be one of the first to have ordered a "22 Life" model. I went to the dealers on the 10th of Feb expecting to order a 77Kw Tour, but came away having ordered a 22 Life 58Kw model. The interesting thing is that 5 days later the dealer confirmed a "provisional" build week of week 22 (early June)
Now I know that may well slide but it's a lot better than the 50+ weeks I was originally expecting.
I have already been waiting 6 months and my provisional build date is after yours! I am sure there is going to be a lot more of this and a lot of people with existing orders/long waits feeling very disgruntled. I must admit that right now, in the absence of any definitive information from VW, it's getting harder and harder to justify hanging on for a sometime maybe never car...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I ordered my Life Pro Performance, white with alloys on October 11, around 19 weeks before Bosscat, and my provisional build slot is week 36, some 14 weeks after.

I'm sorry, but if VW are going to prioritise new orders over those of us who have shown loyalty and given VW the benefit of our doubt and stood by them through their difficulties, that is completely unfair, and I will definitely be cancelling my order. Furthermore, I would never consider purchasing another VW Group product in the future. Let's hope VW get their priorities right and look after their existing customers first before chasing new ones.