Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bosscat wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:37 pm I may be one of the first to have ordered a "22 Life" model. I went to the dealers on the 10th of Feb expecting to order a 77Kw Tour, but came away having ordered a 22 Life 58Kw model. The interesting thing is that 5 days later the dealer confirmed a "provisional" build week of week 22 (early June)
Now I know that may well slide but it's a lot better than the 50+ weeks I was originally expecting.

Easy to say "nailed it" on a sample of one but ... nailed it.

(Also I've added you to the tracker with a nice lemony-scented "Life 22" model ordered!)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Uphamid3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:09 pm I ordered my Life Pro Performance, white with alloys on October 11, around 19 weeks before Bosscat, and my provisional build slot is week 36, some 14 weeks after.

I'm sorry, but if VW are going to prioritise new orders over those of us who have shown loyalty and given VW the benefit of our doubt and stood by them through their difficulties, that is completely unfair, and I will definitely be cancelling my order. Furthermore, I would never consider purchasing another VW Group product in the future. Let's hope VW get their priorities right and look after their existing customers first before chasing new ones.

Unfortunately the only thing VW could do now to focus on the backlog is simply to close the order books. They haven't done that, so the Life 22 models are going to be scheduled sooner and built quicker than any backlogged cars, because they're going to need the revenue coming in and unbuilt cars don't generate any.

I know this is an unpopular perspective, but it's the only logical perspective I can pull together from the evidence and it makes business sense too. The fact that @Bosscat has gone to status 10 after 11 days and that status 10 date is well in advance of many long-time orderers here really is the first proof of the hypothesis.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Grumps wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:43 pm Hi Utumno

Email from dealer this morning says no change on build week (taking this as a positive) . He gave me my order number so it can be added to your spreadsheet.
Kind regards.
No 31429xxx

Updated! Thanks @Grumps!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I think vw will prioritise the new orders. A bit like what airlines do with a delayed flight they cancel one flight which saves the knock on effect of every flight delayed for the remainder of the day. Vw would rather shelf existing orders rather than saying to new customers its a 1 year wait which will put a lot of new customers off. I certainly wouldn't of ordered if they told me I would have to wait a year.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Jaylow wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:28 am I think vw will prioritise the new orders. A bit like what airlines do with a delayed flight they cancel one flight which saves the knock on effect of every flight delayed for the remainder of the day. Vw would rather shelf existing orders rather than saying to new customers its a 1 year wait which will put a lot of new customers off. I certainly wouldn't of ordered if they told me I would have to wait a year.
It’s a bit of a p*ss take now. I’m still 00 status, people who ordered well after me have build weeks etc? I’m lost as to how they allocate build slots!
@UTUMNO, I’ve added the order number for spreadsheet, I ordered on 25th oct 2021.

Cheers
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Bosscat wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:37 pm I may be one of the first to have ordered a "22 Life" model. I went to the dealers on the 10th of Feb expecting to order a 77Kw Tour, but came away having ordered a 22 Life 58Kw model. The interesting thing is that 5 days later the dealer confirmed a "provisional" build week of week 22 (early June)
Now I know that may well slide but it's a lot better than the 50+ weeks I was originally expecting.
out of interest, what was it that tempted you to order the 58kW if you went in to order a top spec Tour? It was the large battery and high spec that attracted me to the ID3, it just seems very expenisve for a low spec car, I would have left the dealers and looked elsewhere
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Utumno wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:56 am
Uphamid3 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:09 pm I ordered my Life Pro Performance, white with alloys on October 11, around 19 weeks before Bosscat, and my provisional build slot is week 36, some 14 weeks after.

I'm sorry, but if VW are going to prioritise new orders over those of us who have shown loyalty and given VW the benefit of our doubt and stood by them through their difficulties, that is completely unfair, and I will definitely be cancelling my order. Furthermore, I would never consider purchasing another VW Group product in the future. Let's hope VW get their priorities right and look after their existing customers first before chasing new ones.

Unfortunately the only thing VW could do now to focus on the backlog is simply to close the order books. They haven't done that, so the Life 22 models are going to be scheduled sooner and built quicker than any backlogged cars, because they're going to need the revenue coming in and unbuilt cars don't generate any.

I know this is an unpopular perspective, but it's the only logical perspective I can pull together from the evidence and it makes business sense too. The fact that @Bosscat has gone to status 10 after 11 days and that status 10 date is well in advance of many long-time orderers here really is the first proof of the hypothesis.
I can see how it makes sense with models above the Life if there are components that they are struggling to get a hold of. Is there anything in a previous Life Pro Performance that the new one doesn't have?
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Definitely hit the nail on the head Utumno. Its the business equivalent of triage you see in battlefield medical operations in operation here. Build what you can. Park the rest of the orders in the "unlikely to survive" area. To be honest having arrived at my order after much thought, the usual suspects Kia, Polestar, MG, Tesla etc aren't really what I need so I am a bit stumped when it comes to selecting an alternative but, I am now actively looking. The Life 22 isn't what I want.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:35 am
out of interest, what was it that tempted you to order the 58kW if you went in to order a top spec Tour? It was the large battery and high spec that attracted me to the ID3, it just seems very expenisve for a low spec car, I would have left the dealers and looked elsewhere
Not trying to defend VW but it’s not that expensive for a low spec car as back in 2020 the original life model was £33k and family one was £37.6k which all changed when the government changed the grant levels….vw changed their prices to be a lot lower and people jumped on the bandwagon to get the grant quickly
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Smitten wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:20 am

Definitely hit the nail on the head Utumno. Its the business equivalent of triage you see in battlefield medical operations in operation here. Build what you can. Park the rest of the orders in the "unlikely to survive" area. To be honest having arrived at my order after much thought, the usual suspects Kia, Polestar, MG, Tesla etc aren't really what I need so I am a bit stumped when it comes to selecting an alternative but, I am now actively looking. The Life 22 isn't what I want.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busi ... t-due-chip
Reading this story it looks temporary to me as i cant see how even vw can tell 95000 people who have ordered ID cars in 6 months time that they are cancelling orders. My hope is that vw clear this backlog the 2nd half of this year as the article implies. My guess is they will start the nightshif back up and use this to clear the backlog. It would be really nice if vw recognise the delays and ill feeling and perhaps offer the full my 22.5 with park assist ect for those being forced to wait.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

How do I track the order status with Volkswagen? My order no. is 31415xxx and have been told by my leasing company that build is around September 2022. Its a Family Pro.
Bosscat

Post by Bosscat »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:35 am out of interest, what was it that tempted you to order the 58kW if you went in to order a top spec Tour? It was the large battery and high spec that attracted me to the ID3, it just seems very expenisve for a low spec car, I would have left the dealers and looked elsewhere
That's a good question as I'd previously convinced myself that I needed the 77Kwh battery for the range and the Tour was the only one with the 77Kwh option, but I had a lengthy test drive beforehand using "B" mode quite a lot in stop/start traffic and the range didn't fall nearly as much as feared. (I'm aware it drops faster when on motorways or A roads)
This, plus the fact that its main use 99% of the time will be as a local (2nd) vehicle swayed me.
As for the spec, whilst the Tour does have lots of nice features, this "Life Plus" has most of the things I wanted (Discover Pro, Heated Seats, Heated Wheel, (Comfort Pack), Keyless Entry/Go, "Style" type dash and interior) Plus I was able to spec up Manganese Grey, Andoya Alloys and Heat Pump.
As for the price, it's a thinly disguised hike. A top spec Tour on the configurator was £42.5k on the day before and I'm going to be paying £39k for this one once you add mats and a cable. But the car market is a bit crazy at the moment.
Regarding delivery time, as Utumno says, this is only a one-off. Need a few more examples before it can be labelled as a strategy. Did I drop lucky and get a cancelled order slot ? Will my provisional slot slide to the right like an Olympic Curling event ? Only time will tell.
Tour Pro S 77KWh in Stonewashed Blue.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

aniketsantani wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:15 am How do I track the order status with Volkswagen? My order no. is 31415xxx and have been told by my leasing company that build is around September 2022. Its a Family Pro.

There's no way to track order status directly with Volkswagen; VW removed the customer-facing electronic tracking facility last July. Your only point of contact for status updates is with the salespeople in your dealership.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Bosscat wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:34 am
Dinsdale wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:35 am out of interest, what was it that tempted you to order the 58kW if you went in to order a top spec Tour? It was the large battery and high spec that attracted me to the ID3, it just seems very expenisve for a low spec car, I would have left the dealers and looked elsewhere
That's a good question as I'd previously convinced myself that I needed the 77Kwh battery for the range and the Tour was the only one with the 77Kwh option, but I had a lengthy test drive beforehand using "B" mode quite a lot in stop/start traffic and the range didn't fall nearly as much as feared. (I'm aware it drops faster when on motorways or A roads)
This, plus the fact that its main use 99% of the time will be as a local (2nd) vehicle swayed me.
As for the spec, whilst the Tour does have lots of nice features, this "Life Plus" has most of the things I wanted (Discover Pro, Heated Seats, Heated Wheel, (Comfort Pack), Keyless Entry/Go, "Style" type dash and interior) Plus I was able to spec up Manganese Grey, Andoya Alloys and Heat Pump.
As for the price, it's a thinly disguised hike. A top spec Tour on the configurator was £42.5k on the day before and I'm going to be paying £39k for this one once you add mats and a cable. But the car market is a bit crazy at the moment.
Regarding delivery time, as Utumno says, this is only a one-off. Need a few more examples before it can be labelled as a strategy. Did I drop lucky and get a cancelled order slot ? Will my provisional slot slide to the right like an Olympic Curling event ? Only time will tell.

@Bosscat it's almost certainly not a cancelled order, but if your dealer can give you your factory order number you'll be able to tell for certain. A "high" order number would indicate it's a fresh factory order. I'd expect your order number to be a "32xxxxxx".
Last edited by Utumno on Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

FOSOT

Post by FOSOT »

Very impressed with the delivery tracker. I assume this is data from members here? though I cannot see how it is kept updated,

Would you like my order data: if so, how do I report it?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

FOSOT wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:54 am Very impressed with the delivery tracker. I assume this is data from members here? though I cannot see how it is kept updated,

The data on the spreadsheet thing is all from members here; I update it manually (though am happy to add people to the spreadsheet as editors as long as they don't make a mess!)

Easiest way is just to make a post in this thread with the relevant data on the spreadsheet, or at least as much of it as you have. I'll then place it into the spreadsheet and wrangle the sorting. Barest minimum would be your order date, the vehicle you've ordered, with the VW order number and your factory status code and week numbers if you have them.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Utumno wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:06 am
FOSOT wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:54 am Very impressed with the delivery tracker. I assume this is data from members here? though I cannot see how it is kept updated,

The data on the spreadsheet thing is all from members here; I update it manually (though am happy to add people to the spreadsheet as editors as long as they don't make a mess!)

Easiest way is just to make a post in this thread with the relevant data on the spreadsheet, or at least as much of it as you have. I'll then place it into the spreadsheet and wrangle the sorting. Barest minimum would be your order date, the vehicle you've ordered, with the VW order number and your factory status code and week numbers if you have them.
Kudos to you! This is a good initiative.. Gives some perspective/visibility in these blind times :D. Please feel free to add mine.

VW Order Number: 31415XXX
Order Date: 22/12/2022
Car: Family Pro
Haven't got a factory status code/week number yet. Checking with dealer on the same.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I have a bit of a different take on what we've seen over the last few months. Someone way upthread suggested it was likely VW were just building whatever car was next in the order queue that they had all the bits for at that time (caveat that the definition of 'order queue' seems to not align perfectly with order date or order number, but it's not far off for most people with the same spec cars as far as I can tell). This seems logical because it will maximise throughput, and fits perfectly with what we have seen. Cars with fewer gizmos (Life, Family) have come more often and generally in batches with several people on the forum getting similar spec cars within a month of each other. Supply of parts will come in batches so this fits with a logic that says if they only have the bits for a Life they build a Life, and if they also have the bits for a Family they build a Family, and if they occasionally they find they have all the bits for the Tour or a Max they'll build one of those that has been on order a long time. However anyone with a Tour or Max needs not just the extra bits, but also all the bits needed by a Family, so if they get hold of some HUDs but have run out of some other ID3 part, they can't build them anyway. Etc.
The higher spec models will also struggle more with competing for the rarer parts with ID4 and etron I suspect. Wait times for a factory order ID4 (and Enyaq) are apparently over a year. If you google Q4 etron delivery time one of the top results is their equivalent of this thread (although they have only reached 97 pages!) The first post to come up for me was a guy complaining that his wait time was now 13.5 months, and the next post was someone speculating as to which options and packs are causing the most delays. Sound familiar? Basically, they are all getting the same treatment as existing ID3 orders.
So, I don't think there is any shady shenanigans going on to prioritise new orders here, and I highly doubt any of the new Lifes will get delivered before existing Life orders. It just seems that the component shortages are concentrated in some of the parts required for higher spec cars and they are having to wait a very long time as a result (who knows how long - you have my sympathy.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Congrats on getting some kind of build week, 4 months before you and absolutely nothing! I'll be fuming if VW start pulling stunts like this and delivering far later '22 Life' orders way before previous ones. I don't think that's right .
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Good morning - I have just heard that my order has moved back by two weeks from week 36 to week 38.

Order No. 31491584
id3 Pro Performance, White, East Derry Alloys
Ordered 09/10/2021
Build Week 38 - 2022
Delivery - some date in the far, far future.