Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
woodstock

Post by woodstock »

JonC wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:00 pm Exciting news, my wk49 has just moved to Status 30 to Emden - guess 4 weeks or so now. Just took delivery of On.to Zoe as sold Golf to maximise value, so it will be a short rental..
Which dealer did you order through if you don't mind us asking please?

woodstock

Post by woodstock »

MikeS wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:35 pm yet another no news update from the dealer for me too this morning, still at confirmed build week 49/21, said they will email again in 2 weeks .....
I was hoping you would have good news for us WB49 DTD crowd....
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

A positive update and maybe some good news for others waiting on a tour or max. My dealer called and told me the Max I ordered and then cancelled has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Gave me the option to retake my order, but I think I'll be sticking with my Polestar order
ID.3 Max Pro Performance in Manganese Grey
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
Cancelled 15-Feb-2022 with car stuck in limbo
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Tyr-85 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:39 pm Hi Utumno

had an update that I'm at code 20 week 46 and apparently its half built waiting for parts! :lol:

delivery 21st March but who knowa what year.
Nice one bud!
That's some really positive news for us waiting on tours and max.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Tyr-85 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:39 pm Hi Utumno

had an update that I'm at code 20 week 46 and apparently its half built waiting for parts! :lol:

delivery 21st March but who knowa what year.

Yes this is the same update I keep getting from my dealer for the last 20 weeks and counting 😕 Except obviously for week 40, rather than 46 😀

That said, your order and my order are not that far apart ... though I shouldn't really read much into that as @Newfie's order and my order weren't too far apart either and he collected his Tour just before Christmas...

You obviously know you're not getting that vehicle on the 21st March 2022, right ? 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
JonC

Post by JonC »

woodstock wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:20 pm
JonC wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:00 pm Exciting news, my wk49 has just moved to Status 30 to Emden - guess 4 weeks or so now. Just took delivery of On.to Zoe as sold Golf to maximise value, so it will be a short rental..
Which dealer did you order through if you don't mind us asking please?
Bath VW
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:35 pm Just got my monthly update

"I have had our team to check, and on our SLI system it shows the car is ordered, however it doesn’t give a build week etc yet"

ah well, guess i will just get used to watching the Life 22 models come rolling in to people.
Sixth month anniversary of order date today and still only a "provisional" build date toward the end of June and total lack of communication. Doesn't instill any confidence. As the model is discontinued and no money has changed hands it does make me wonder whether it is only a matter of time before the order is cancelled as well...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

Smitten wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:10 pm

"I have had our team to check, and on our SLI system it shows the car is ordered, however it doesn’t give a build week etc yet"

ah well, guess i will just get used to watching the Life 22 models come rolling in to people.
Sixth month anniversary of order date today and still only a "provisional" build date toward the end of June and total lack of communication. Doesn't instill any confidence. As the model is discontinued and no money has changed hands it does make me wonder whether it is only a matter of time before the order is cancelled as well...

Scandalous that after 6 months, your still only a provisional build. Having never bought a VW previously, seriously having to consider whether to cancel and never return. So much for German efficiency.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

In my view there is no point worrying about the distinction between provisional and confirmed build weeks. Build weeks are only ever confirmed 4 weeks beforehand (I think) and in recent months many confirmed build weeks have moved anyway. Whichever you have it's just a best estimate.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Member-1677 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:46 pm

Scandalous that after 6 months, your still only a provisional build. Having never bought a VW previously, seriously having to consider whether to cancel and never return. So much for German efficiency.

German efficiency is a total myth. Ask the Swiss 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I wouldn't expect a confirmed build week until 4 weeks before the provisional build date, which sounds like late May to me given your status 10 build week. Not that a confirmed build week means anything these days either!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

SunithM wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:29 pm A positive update and maybe some good news for others waiting on a tour or max. My dealer called and told me the Max I ordered and then cancelled has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Gave me the option to retake my order, but I think I'll be sticking with my Polestar order
Finally!

Did they say what the estimate would be for delivery if you were to take it?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

SunithM wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:29 pm A positive update and maybe some good news for others waiting on a tour or max. My dealer called and told me the Max I ordered and then cancelled has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Gave me the option to retake my order, but I think I'll be sticking with my Polestar order
Hang on, was it build week 46? How is that on its way and mine at BW 40 still hasn’t left the factory haha

Not bitter, just confused!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Garyb 123

Post by Garyb 123 »

Just had an email from my dealer saying the car is built and awaiting transport from the factory. No status code given and they have never responded to this when asked for some reason but at least the damn thing is built (allegedly)
How long is the norm for transport anyone?
Family Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry’s
Paper worked signed 12.08.21
Order number 3142****
Build week changed a few times but last update was week 47
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

rikimaru wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:13 pm
Hang on, was it build week 46? How is that on its way and mine at BW 40 still hasn’t left the factory haha

Not bitter, just confused!
No idea at all, it seems they're just picking cars at random to build. Not sure on delivery time if I do take it but dealer mentioned that status code changed today, so I would guess maybe another 2-4 weeks based at least based on how long it's taken others
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx
GDC

Post by GDC »

Has anyone received a 22.5 model yet? Did it come with v3.0 software?
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

Can you pass on your dealer's number? If he has a max coming out in 2-3 weeks that no one is taking, i would be interested 😂
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

aniketsantani wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:29 am
Can you pass on your dealer's number? If he has a max coming out in 2-3 weeks that no one is taking, i would be interested 😂
it'll be going on their forecourt for about £45k no doubt!
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Garyb 123 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:24 pm Just had an email from my dealer saying the car is built and awaiting transport from the factory. No status code given and they have never responded to this when asked for some reason but at least the damn thing is built (allegedly)
How long is the norm for transport anyone?
Great news I ordered same spec different colour 15 August with a 3142 order so I feel a bit more upbeat now.
SunithM

Post by SunithM »

Hemming91 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:32 am
aniketsantani wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:29 am
it'll be going on their forecourt for about £45k no doubt!
Haha yeah most definitely. I've just confirmed I don't want it and a good choice too as I would have to redo my finance and the APR has gone up since I ordered.
Ordered 19-Jul-2021
Order no 31384xxx